Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should returning Jihadists be banned completely from Britain.
No they should never be allowed back. 24 88.89%
Allowed back if they promise to be good citizens after 2 years. 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2014, 21:40   #46

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Jihadist returning from Syria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
John 8:7
Proverbs 13:16
Old 15-11-2014, 21:51   #47
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
Who is it that is actually brainwashing Muslim youth in the UK, turning them from supposedly peaceful, law abiding members of the community into baying, bloodthirsty terrorists ready to stop at nothing in committing the foulest, deadliest of deeds. Get hold of the brainwashers and put them where they can't poison the minds of the youth.

And why not do some 'brainwashing' of our own? Get among the Muslim youths, show them the sickening crimes perpetrated by ISIS and their ilk, and emphasise the treatment they can expect when they come running back to the safety of the UK.

If they believe the poisonous lies of the ISIS brainwashers, it shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to 'brainwash' them with the truth.
We can show them all we want......they can easily access the barbaric acts on you tube...so it isn't as if they do not know what they are going to be involved in......but because it is in the name of Allah, it is considered honourable.....laudable even to become a martyr for their so called faith.

And truth....well isn't that a movable, flexible thing depending on who is using it and for what purpose.
After all, Tony Blair would have had us believe that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction that could be on our shores in 45 minutes.
I am not getting at you when I say this....but I do not think your solution has legs.
It appears to me(and I could be wrong here) that Muslims are Muslims first to the exclusion of all patriotism.....although they have been nurtured here, educated here, had all the freedoms to do what ever they wished....they despise our way of life.
If that is the case then let them go, but do not welcome them back.

I have read somewhere that there are young Muslim men who went out to fight with IS and now would dearly love to return, but their IS commanders threaten to murder them if they leave to come back to their families here.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 22:47   #48

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It appears to me(and I could be wrong here) that Muslims are Muslims first to the exclusion of all patriotism.....although they have been nurtured here, educated here, had all the freedoms to do what ever they wished....they despise our way of life.
Only a few of them...we have our own Christian version in our town and no doubt other towns have the same Logan clone.

Newspapers jump on the small number of British born jihadists, like they jump on the small number of NHS cock-ups and small number of care home abuse cases, using banner headlines to whip up controversy, ignoring the good stuff, like the Muslim run food bank in Blackburn and the excellent care provided by the majority of local nurses and carers.

Even though you are an educated woman who has been around the block a few times, who knows the value of diversity and knows that you can't lump everyone under a single label....you just did.

I'd argue that it's an emotive subject and sometimes our emotions get in the way of reason....
Old 16-11-2014, 05:34   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Proverbs 13:16
The joys of Google. I can look up a Biblical quote without having to find a bible and leafing through it.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 06:14   #50
God Member

So; Proverbs would explain this:

Quote:
Sweeping statement from someone who usually plagiarises the words of others whilst claiming them as their own..
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 06:16   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
The joys of Google. I can look up a Biblical quote without having to find a bible and leafing through it.
You could always ask Kevin.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 06:18   #52
Senior Member+

I'm bored of using Google to feel offended

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 06:48   #53
Beacon of light

Quote:
Only a few of them...we have our own Christian version in our town and no doubt other towns have the same Logan clone.

Newspapers jump on the small number of British born jihadists, like they jump on the small number of NHS cock-ups and small number of care home abuse cases, using banner headlines to whip up controversy, ignoring the good stuff, like the Muslim run food bank in Blackburn and the excellent care provided by the majority of local nurses and carers.

Even though you are an educated woman who has been around the block a few times, who knows the value of diversity and knows that you can't lump everyone under a single label....you just did.

I'd argue that it's an emotive subject and sometimes our emotions get in the way of reason....
It only takes one Muslim jihadist with the desire to inflict harm, and a bomb strapped to his chest to make a mark.....to kill people they have lived and worked amongst.
As for the Christian extremists......well when did you last hear of one of them blowing up a building full of people(Ireland doesn count).
Yes I have been around the block a few times, yes I do have experience of life.....educated? Well, not as much as I would like to be, but I am working on that.
As for being able to see the values of diversity....perhaps I was once.....that was when people seemed to be much more tolerant and less of a threat.
Now I think that the price of diversity might not be worth the effort.......and this is purely my own view, based on what I can see in my daily life.

I have said many times, I have nothing against those who come here to make a better life for themselves.....those who wish to contribute to the fabric of 'Britain in a positive way are welcome.
What we do not need are those incomers who want to make Britain into a satellite of their home nation.....those who do not integrate, those who do not learn the language spoken here.
If you cannot speak the language then you cannot integrate.

During my time in the NHS I came across women who had been in this country for two decades.....and more.....they spoke no English.

So thank you for giving me the soft rebuke, but it is not necessary.
These are my own opinions and I am keeping them until I can see that things have changed....when that happens my opinions will be adjusted accordingly.
Old 16-11-2014, 07:08   #54
Beacon of light

Of course it is an emotive subject.
Did your father or your grandfather fight for this country? Did they make a difference to the freedoms which are enjoyed in this country?
Wasn't their aim to ensure that people could worship the religion that they believed in without fear of being persecuted.
Do you think that freedom is available in the Middle East?
It matters not whether ten jihadis go to support IS....or ten thousand. They have renounced the freedoms which they had here.....they were free to go to the mosque of their choice.....no one forced them to renounce their faith...or to covert to a religion in which they had no choice and no belief.
They have gone abroad to support a barbaric regime which commits genocide......which gives peaceful tribes 12 hours to convert to their brand of Islam or be beheaded.
Isn't this fascism? What our fathers and grandfathers fought to eradicate.
But maybe my emotions are getting in the way of my reasoning....and for this I make absolutely no apology!
Old 16-11-2014, 08:00   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Not quite as bad, but to me not far off, is the fact anything like this, those that represent us are totally silent. not got the guts to comment, in case it causes damage to their own ends imho. yet at least 95% of the public ive spoken too,are of the same mind!!!(its more actually,but that seems to be the popular figure)
Old 16-11-2014, 08:02   #56
Beacon of light

There is news that these IS Jihadis have killed another aid worker.....Peter Kassig. They have posted a video of his barbaric murder and they have threatened to murder other Syrians.......Rule by terror.
They are also promoting the idea that Muslim men should get a knife or a gun and murder someone in uniform...and if there is no-on in uniform just to kill a member of the public........so that is how it goes.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 16-11-2014 at 08:10.
Old 16-11-2014, 08:08   #57
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Not quite as bad, but to me not far off, is the fact anything like this, those that represent us are totally silent. not got the guts to comment, in case it causes damage to their own ends imho. yet at least 95% of the public ive spoken too,are of the same mind!!!(its more actually,but that seems to be the popular figure)
What galls me is that those moderate Muslims do not stand up to be counted.
They do not appear to be making any kind of stand against this brand of Islam.
The parents of a young man who went to fight and was killed seem to think it was the responsibility of the government to step in and stop their son from going.
If this young man was radicalised by the Mosque or the madrassah then wouldn't his family have know this?
Or maybe he wasn't radicalised in that way.....maybe it was through watching internet stuff....but don't parent have some sort of responsibility in all this?
Yes, I do know that you cannot be in your children's lives 24/7.......but surely you can give them the moral compass to guide them.
Old 16-11-2014, 08:21   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What galls me is that those moderate Muslims do not stand up to be counted.
They do not appear to be making any kind of stand against this brand of Islam.
The parents of a young man who went to fight and was killed seem to think it was the responsibility of the government to step in and stop their son from going.
If this young man was radicalised by the Mosque or the madrassah then wouldn't his family have know this?
Or maybe he wasn't radicalised in that way.....maybe it was through watching internet stuff....but don't parent have some sort of responsibility in all this?
Yes, I do know that you cannot be in your children's lives 24/7.......but surely you can give them the moral compass to guide them.
Some do, a minority i have no doubt, But the Media choose NOT to highlight the fact imho.
Old 16-11-2014, 08:43   #59
Beacon of light

The thing is Cashy, I do not see Muslim men and women with placards anywhere that saying 'Not in my name'...and if you stay silent then you are complicit.
It needs to be called from the top of every mosque in the land......that the behaviour of IS in not what Islam is about.
I don't want to read it in the papers......the paper and the media have their own agenda.
I want to hear it from the Muslims that I see walking about. I want to know that, they too, are appalled by the barbaric behaviour of these terrorists.
I won't hold my breath.
Old 16-11-2014, 09:02   #60
Senior Member+

Some say Isis (formally known as mujahideen) was

How the US Helped Create Al Qaeda and ISIS » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

How's that reap what you sow song go again

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..