Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should returning Jihadists be banned completely from Britain.
No they should never be allowed back. 24 88.89%
Allowed back if they promise to be good citizens after 2 years. 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2014, 12:14   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Jihadist returning from Syria.

Seen on news that these people "COULD" be banned from returning fer up to 2 years,It also says that these are the toughest santions in Europe. Well unless i'm dense, this is nothing but "Pathetic"? If they are seen then to be good boys,then they can come back, As far as i'm concerned these people should NEVER be let back, no matter what crap they use fer excuses, Am i being unfair or what?
nicola68, Eric, Gremlin and 2 others like this.
Old 14-11-2014, 13:08   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Jihadist returning from Syria.

Like you, I believe that if someone disowns the country where they grew up in, in favour of a country they are prepared to take up arms for, they should not be allowed back on any terms.
They should assume the citizenship of their chosen nation.....their passports revoked.
Though apparently this would render them 'stateless' and this is illegal......but they have chosen to be thus.....it wasn't ever something that the UK thrust upon them....it was something they chose to do...so I think the rules about statelessness need to be revised to cover such issues.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2014, 14:50   #3
Senior Member+

Hang em high, the sooner the better.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 14-11-2014, 15:19   #4
Senior Member+

They may realise they have made a terrible mistake and genuinely want to return (possibly stopping others from being radicalised in the future),are you saying the best way to deal with the disillusioned youth is to disillusion them further by 'forcing them to stay and fight'?

I think 2years is 23months too long give them a couple of weeks on the naughty step

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2014, 15:25   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Am i being unfair
No ... quite restrained actually ... I expected something along the line of public hanging, drawing, and quartering ... you must be getting soft in your dotage
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2014, 15:28   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
They may realise they have made a terrible mistake and genuinely want to return (possibly stopping others from being radicalised in the future),are you saying the best way to deal with the disillusioned youth is to disillusion them further by 'forcing them to stay and fight'?

I think 2years is 23months too long give them a couple of weeks on the naughty step
You're trolling again.

Ban them forever.If you catch them sneaking back try them for treason- Assisting an enemy state(IS says it is a state) whilst not a member of our armed forces.
Unfortunately treason doesn't have the death penalty any more.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2014, 15:30   #7
Beacon of light

on the other hand they may be return as recruiting sargeants for their cause....or they may be returning to wreak horror over in this country...the country they dislike so much that they left it to fight for a regime which is so barbaric that it murders people of their own faith.......are you saying that you want to take that risk?

Because I do not. I don't want to hang them.....I just don't want them to be able to come back and take the freedom that they enjoyed in this country, for granted.
I do not want them to be able to access health care at no cost...I do not want them to be able to access benefits....and I do not care if they have paid into them. The moment they signed up with a foreign force is the moment when they signed away all of those rights.
We, in this country, are just too soft....too tolerant...too forgiving.
nicola68, Gremlin and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 14-11-2014, 15:35   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
You're trolling again.

Ban them forever.If you catch them sneaking back try them for treason- Assisting an enemy state(IS says it is a state) whilst not a member of our armed forces.
Unfortunately treason doesn't have the death penalty any more.
Unfortunately Gordon, the majority of comments in this thread are going to be by the ukip brigade and that reasoning is no better than the disillusioned youth that are going to fight imo.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2014, 15:40   #9
God Member

Hand them over to the Kurds ... that'll get them out of the whey
Restless likes this.
Old 14-11-2014, 16:06   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Unfortunately Gordon, the majority of comments in this thread are going to be by the ukip brigade and that reasoning is no better than the disillusioned youth that are going to fight imo.
As far as I know no member of UKIP', or this forum, has been filmed taking pleasure in hacking someone's head off. Nor accused of massacring hundreds of people. Or blowing themselves, a large lorry and a large number of people up.

Our 'disillusioned youth' have, and appear proud of it.

These aren't 'disillusioned youth'. They are brain washed jihadists and could well bring their madness home with them.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2014, 16:07   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Sorry yer even more stupid than i imagined. and that takes some doing.
Less, nicola68, DAV007 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by cashman; 14-11-2014 at 16:11.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2014, 16:24   #12
Beacon of light

Quote:
Jason, I think you are deluded if you cannot see that the people who are going abroad to fight are a danger to not just this country, but the whole world.
They do not even respect those who share the Muslim faith.
In any case it has nothing at all to do with religion, but everything to do with exerting power over those who are less powerful.
They want to rule by terror.
I do not ally myself to any political faction.
Old 14-11-2014, 16:58   #13
God Member

Quote:
disillusioned youth

You can't be serious ...

Come to think of it, you probably are
Old 14-11-2014, 17:38   #14
Full Member+

Quote:

I think a lifetime ban on these traitors from coming back to our country will be more of a deterrent to any other 'disillusioned' youths thinking of doing the same. These treacherous scumbags will come back spreading their poison and acting like heroes to their peers. They chose their own path in life, the door should be slammed behind them and bolted firmly.
Old 14-11-2014, 18:07   #15
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

They shouldn't even be allowed off the transport but held in place until the transport heads back to where ever it came from, They've given allegiance to a "Foreign State" & in all probability killed & maimed others willingly to further the cause of their new leaders.

That being the case they have no place within our society, by their acts & willingness to go against the UK's principles they've forsaken any rights they may have had.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..