Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2003, 12:27   #1
Jo

Post jo's husband's pasta party 8/12/03

OK here goes:

You are invited to our pasta party on Monday 8th December at 8pm at the Whittaker's Arms pub on Burnley Rd, Accrington, opposite the cemetary gates. there'll be jam butties for pudding.

Real Italian chef, roaring log fire and great company, a true warm-up for the bigger Xmas bash on Dec 14th at 6pm at the Oak Tree.

Let me know who's coming, so I know how much pasta to buy!!

Looking forward to it!!  ;D
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2003, 12:33   #2
Resting in Peace

Post Re: jo's husband's pasta party 8/12/03

hi jo
Me and Anne will be there but no pasta for anne she hates it sorry she will be ok with a buttie  ;D
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2003, 12:42   #3
Jo

OK Mick! Think Happyone needs a lift off you! will do double portions of butties for Anne!
Old 24-11-2003, 13:28   #4
Accy Goddess

[smiley=ello.gif] Joe.
I might not like the food but sure the company will be good.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2003, 13:46   #5
Jo

Anne, you may be surprised, have you ever had pasta cooked by a true Italian stallion?? you might even start liking it!  ;D
Company guaranteed to be good. My brother is working behind the bar, too, so he'll keep us amused too! Can't wait to meet you! Are you gonna be wearing an Accy Web t-shirt?
Old 24-11-2003, 14:31   #6
Accy Goddess

OOOO No Joe can't say as I have think i'm some sort of evolved Vampire. Recoil at the hint of a smell of Garlik, cringe at the thought.
Guess i'm just a propper plain Jane. Just an owd woman set her ways that dosn't like change much.
omg were's mi slippers an knitting.
But open fire, bar,good company.
Now your talkin.
Just bread an jam ok by me.
No marge, not spread to thickly.
Rather av a peice ov toast off that open fire lol
Old 24-11-2003, 14:42   #7
Senior Member+

If you could give me a lift that would be great jo.thanks.  looking forward to it.
Old 26-11-2003, 00:29   #8

no probs mick and anne we will pick u up  ans long as u  donr minds   sitting on the roof rack lol ;D
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2003, 13:50   #9
Senior Member+

[quote author=Jo  have you ever had pasta cooked by a true Italian stallion??

Question is since when could Italian horses cook????Anyway what about the football lesson Arsenal gave Milano last night
Old 26-11-2003, 14:33   #10
Jo

got caught up in the middel of the fans in the entre of Milan - bunch of hooligans. told them I supported Accy Stanley - they thought it was funny. How dare they???????????

anne, there isn't always  garlic in Italian dishes, at least not in the authentique ones!! We'd stink allthe time otherwise!
Old 26-11-2003, 21:17   #11
Accy Goddess

Sorry didn't answer your question Joe. Yes I will put my Accy Web sweatshirt on.
Even if no Garlick Joe always some sort of herbs and or spices, not to mention what I call sweaty socks cheese.
Dont like Pasta or Pizza.
I'm a propper fussy eater. :
Old 27-11-2003, 08:35   #12
Jo

You have undeserved prejudices Anne. The best pasta dish is with tomato sauce, salt and pepper - no herbs, no garlic, no onion, no parmesan cheese. There's nowt better!
Not trying to persuade you, your jam butties are on order, just wantd to let you know that there's much more to Italian cooking than the crap you get in so-called "Italian" restaurants in Britain!
And you've never had a pizza til you've had one in Italy (in Naples if possible) - it's a completely different concept to the bready stuff you get in England!
Old 27-11-2003, 09:36   #13
God Member

Aye, Jo's right....they roll their Pizza's up so they look like a butty.....never seen jam in them, though...
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2003, 10:38   #14
Jo

The ones they roll up like a butty are called Calzoni - which means big socks. I've never seen one with jam either, but they do do them in most pizzeria's with nutella.
Old 27-11-2003, 12:12   #15
Senior Member+

Is nutella that stuff you get over here,choc, nut spread.?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..