Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2010, 08:50   #136
Resting in Peace

Re: Just before the robbing Tory budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
A very childish response but not unexpected from a lame duck Tory supporter... it's sad to see a life long Tory having to fend for himself when he is no more use to his party.
That's by choice, at least I did do something constructive during my time and didn't look through the bottom of a glass at current affairs all my life

Last edited by jaysay; 19-06-2010 at 08:54.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2010, 20:39   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That's by choice, at least I did do something constructive during my time and didn't look through the bottom of a glass at current affairs all my life
Depends on what you call "constructive"... if you were involved with the last Tory Government cutters then constructive would not be a word I'd use...once again the Tories can barely contain their glee at having the opportunity to rape, slash and burn any sort of public spending beacause
its all about ideology....they would have done this even if we were in good times, it is their whole reason to exist.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 09:37   #138
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Depends on what you call "constructive"... if you were involved with the last Tory Government cutters then constructive would not be a word I'd use...once again the Tories can barely contain their glee at having the opportunity to rape, slash and burn any sort of public spending beacause
its all about ideology....they would have done this even if we were in good times, it is their whole reason to exist.
Maybe if we had had a decent government for the past 13 years who lived within their means, hadn't screwed the pension schemes up deregulated the backs, Sold of the gold reserves at rock bottom prices saved for a rainy day, instead of squandering the best inherited economic figures every by any incoming government, things would have been so dire as they are now, the country was damn near bankrupt by Brown and Darling, yet it seems only Mancie can't see it, in 1997 this country wasn't over a Trillion pounds in debt, it is now and we have to start paying it back, just like anybody else who goes into financial melt down and Great Britain PLC is in financial melt down courtesy of messrs Brown and Darling what ever platitudes you or your ilk care to put forward
Old 22-06-2010, 09:59   #139
God Member

Quote:
Maybe if we had had a decent government for the past 13 years who lived within their means, hadn't screwed the pension schemes up deregulated the backs, Sold of the gold reserves at rock bottom prices saved for a rainy day, instead of squandering the best inherited economic figures every by any incoming government, things would have been so dire as they are now, the country was damn near bankrupt by Brown and Darling, yet it seems only Mancie can't see it, in 1997 this country wasn't over a Trillion pounds in debt, it is now and we have to start paying it back, just like anybody else who goes into financial melt down and Great Britain PLC is in financial melt down courtesy of messrs Brown and Darling what ever platitudes you or your ilk care to put forward
Same old story and we will end up with the same old outcome.. only this time it's more like 4 million unemployed...the goverment that won the election 1997 came in as the poor man of Europe.. a laughing joke economy .. it took five or more years to get us back into a economic force within the EU.. no more of the Thatcher/ Lamomt beggers.. You and "your Ilk" had this country on a knife edge with mortgages intrest rates.. poor wages..and people that were on a reasonable income renting dumps... and it's all going to happen again.. bleat on all you like about how good we had it under the Tories and Thatcher, it don't gell with me .. my son!

Last edited by Neil; 22-06-2010 at 12:13. Reason: removed swearing
Old 22-06-2010, 10:16   #140
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Same old story and we will end up with the same old outcome.. only this time it's more like 4 million unemployed...the government that won the election 1997 came in as the poor man of Europe.. a laughing joke economy .. it took five or more years to get us back into a economic force within the EU.. no more of the Thatcher/ Lamont beggars.. You and "your Ilk" had this country on a knife edge with mortgages interest rates.. poor wages..and people that were on a reasonable income renting dumps... and it's all going to happen again.. bleat on all you like about how good we had it under the Tories and Thatcher, it don't gel with me .. my son!
Same old Mancie take Red glasses of and see whats happened over the last 13 years, we are in a mess through nobody else's fault but the irresponsible financial dealings of Brown and Darling and once again the Tories as always have to clean up the mess left by the crap government you so richly supported my Son

Last edited by Neil; 22-06-2010 at 12:14. Reason: removed swearing in quote
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 10:33   #141
God Member

Quote:
Same old Mancie take Red glasses of and see whats happened over the last 13 years, we are in a mess through nobody else's fault but the irresponsible financial dealings of Brown and Darling and once again the Tories as always have to clean up the mess left by the crap government you so richly supported my Son
Ah yes.. such a mess we have been in it's a nightmare.. lowest pay back motages in history.. lowest inflation in history.. highest standard of living in history...such a mess... I'll take any bet you like that inflation rates.. interests rates and unemployments rates double within the next 2 years.. any bet.
Old 22-06-2010, 10:40   #142
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ah yes.. such a mess we have been in it's a nightmare.. lowest pay back motages in history.. lowest inflation in history.. highest standard of living in history...such a mess... I'll take any bet you like that inflation rates.. interests rates and unemployments rates double within the next 2 years.. any bet.
The only reason for that is borrowing borrowing borrowing and more borrowing, but there's a time when you have top take the sunglasses off and look at the real mess, you can drive round in a roller, but doesn't mean you can afford it,, since we started the jobs for votes in 1997 we now employ over 1 million more civil servants with gold plated pensions which are sustainable, well they aren't in the really world, which unfortunately its somewhere you have never lived
Old 22-06-2010, 10:46   #143
God Member

If we employ I million civil servants we don't need, why are you lot setting up review boards all over the gaff, made up of civil servants?...why not just sack them?
Old 22-06-2010, 10:48   #144
Beacon of light

Quote:
If we employ I million civil servants we don't need, why are you lot setting up review boards all over the gaff, made up of civil servants?...why not just sack them?
Employment law forbids it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 10:55   #145
Beacon of light

Quote:
Same old story and we will end up with the same old outcome.. only this time it's more like 4 million unemployed...the goverment that won the election 1997 came in as the poor man of Europe.. a laughing joke economy .. it took five or more years to get us back into a economic force within the EU.. no more of the Thatcher/ Lamomt beggers.. You and "your Ilk" had this country on a knife edge with mortgages intrest rates.. poor wages..and people that were on a reasonable income renting ****holes... and it's all going to happen again.. bleat on all you like about how good we had it under the Tories and Thatcher, it don't gell with me .. my son!
What is happening now is to pay for the debts we have accrued whilst a Labour government was in power.
A Labour government which falsified the employment figures......so that it looked like there were less unemployed people.
The same Labour government which misled the country on the size of its debts, which allowed the banks to do some very dodgy dealing and then bailed them out with our money.

You berate Jaysay for spouting the 'same old political dogma'.......and yet you do exactly the same thing.

I do not care one jot about the colour of the coat the government wears, as long as we have a government with the cojones to tell us the truth and sort out the financial mess that we are in.
The mess that Labour swept under the carpet for God knows how long.
Old 22-06-2010, 10:55   #146
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Employment law forbids it.
Oh dear.. looks like we will have to get rid of the Employment laws before the Tories sack all the review boards they have set up.. things could get nasty
Old 22-06-2010, 11:00   #147
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What is happening now is to pay for the debts we have accrued whilst a Labour government was in power.
A Labour government which falsified the employment figures......so that it looked like there were less unemployed people.
The same Labour government which misled the country on the size of its debts, which allowed the banks to do some very dodgy dealing and then bailed them out with our money.

You berate Jaysay for spouting the 'same old political dogma'.......and yet you do exactly the same thing.

I do not care one jot about the colour of the coat the government wears, as long as we have a government with the cojones to tell us the truth and sort out the financial mess that we are in.
The mess that Labour swept under the carpet for God knows how long.
And all this from someone who dragged her sad arse up to the polling booth only to mash up her vote... and to top it all came on here to tell all those who did vote they had been conned..if you did not stick your vote in don't get into the aftermath.
Old 22-06-2010, 11:53   #148
Beacon of light

Quote:
And all this from someone who dragged her sad arse up to the polling booth only to mash up her vote... and to top it all came on here to tell all those who did vote they had been conned..if you did not stick your vote in don't get into the aftermath.

Yes, you are right......I did go to the polling booth......and the reason for that was, so that I could say that I had done that.......not sat at home festering(and could be called lazy, which anyone will tell you I'm not).......and what I did with my vote was to do something that is my prerogative ....vote according to my conscience....not to follow blindly a political dogma that I couldn't identify with.
You see, I do have a conscience, and it would not let me vote for any of those who were down on that little slip of paper.....let alone another term for a Labour government that had run us into the ground.

Show me the post where I came on here and told those who voted that they had been conned.......I do not believe that I ever made such a post.

And Mancie, please do not tell me what I can,and cannot do on here.
I believe that is moderators territory....and the last time I looked you weren't one
Old 03-07-2010, 23:43   #149
Give, give, give member

'Labour MP Graham Jones says his constituency of Hyndburn has had the biggest cuts in Britain - nearly £3m at a district level. As he goes on, noise levels rise, Mr Cameron says there will be difficult decisions and everyone should be "honest about that"

BBC News - The Full Story: PM's Questions

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:18   #150
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'Labour MP Graham Jones says his constituency of Hyndburn has had the biggest cuts in Britain - nearly £3m at a district level. As he goes on, noise levels rise, Mr Cameron says there will be difficult decisions and everyone should be "honest about that"

BBC News - The Full Story: PM's Questions
Graham's bit is about 29 minutes in, standing up doing what he said he would do and being a voice for Hyndburn. Nice to see that he got as direct a response from the Prime Minister as he would have expected from Peter Britcliffe.

It doesn't help Hyndburn one bit that the Leader of the Council is recklessly spending all the money in the pot as fast as he can and that next year's council (whichever party they are) will be financially screwed.

He's been applauding himself on having a net underspend of £1.9m this year but what he has failed to let the elctorate know is that £690k of that is actually what they voted as an increase in the budget so they haven't saved more at all.

Rather than either save it or use it to reduce the amount of cuts that need to be made, the Conservatives are spending it on massively wasteful projects and it needs stopping now:

£300k extra on top of the £400k already spent on the Civic Theatre, £20k on a planning document for Hill Top despite it being a Tory-run LCC project, £20k extra for Rhyddings Park, £115k extra for the unsuccessful Floral Market Towns project and £20k on a Play Pitch Strategist who can tell us what our playing fields need.

Another planned motion involves raising council borrowing from 60% up to 100% of its allowance while interest rates are so low so that they can 'invest in Hyndburn'. Can no one at the Conservative Party see the collossal flaw in this plan? Does the term 'negative equity' ring any bells?

All of that money could be saved, it is sheer waste and an excuse to get in the papers crowing about what he is doing for Hyndburn. The biggest kick in the nuts is allocating an extra £17k to Area Councils since we have all had our budgets slashed this year and we almost certainly won't see that money directly.

We are ruined next year and I want to make my firm opposition to these plans known here and now. Someone at HBC is alledgedly paid to read Accy Web and report back to the Leader's Office so whoever you are I hope that you're sitting comfortably in your job because it certainly can't be guaranteed next year.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..