Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 04:39   #1
God Member

Just before the robbing Tory budget

Almost everything will be destroyed in the next five years..but do not loose faith.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2010, 06:33   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Just before the robbing Tory budget

Mancie, get a life. Take those Red Labour glasses off and see the world .....or more specifically the UK as it really is.
We are in hock up to our necks.(thanks to the profligacy of Gordon and crew) Things have to be paid for, if you want to go down the same path as Greece....then continue believing that the state can fund everything.
Which ever government had been elected we would still have to pay the price.
We have danced the dance, now we have to pay the piper.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:02   #3
God Member

70 billion in interest by 2015 thanks to your lot. as Magaret says, if you or I ran our home budgets like the Labour govermrnet ran the country we'd all be bankrupt

wake up to teh reality of the mess we are in

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:33   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
70 billion in interest by 2015 thanks to your lot.
Where does the Government borrow its money from?
Old 08-06-2010, 07:37   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post

wake up to teh reality of the mess we are in
give it a couple of years and you will wake up to the reality of a country obsessed with cuts.. no beds for the sick.. thousands living on the streets..all this has been done before by Tory governments and it will be again.
Margaret... you come across as a sit on the fence type and could not bring yorself to vote, you blame labour for everything, but as you have told us so many times we should not blame Thatcher because it was in the past...but you still find time to blame Labour for the cuts we have to bare.
There is only one aim for the Tory cuts.. that is to rob the less well off to appease the rich corporations that fund them.. the newspapers would cry foul if they raised taxes on business but will say nowt if one parent families benifits are cut.. think on it .
Old 08-06-2010, 09:40   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Almost everything will be destroyed in the next five years..but do not loose faith.
You've got that totally wrong Mancie everything has been totally destroyed in the last 13 years, your just too blind to see it
Old 08-06-2010, 09:42   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The very people who Mancie hates so much
Old 08-06-2010, 09:46   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
We are in hock to the Saudies
Yanks are in hock to the Chinese

...should make foriegn policy decisions interesting

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:58   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You've got that totally wrong Mancie everything has been totally destroyed in the last 13 years, your just too blind to see it
Oh .. I'm the blind one?.. can you really say that the finances of the majority of the population have been worse over the last 13 yrs than under the Tories?.. do you think the minimum wage was a bad thing?.have you forgot the hospital patients lying on trolly's because of cuts on nurses? the last 2 years have been a world wide economic crisis but did you suffer so much that you could not feed yourself?..everything was not all paradise but people forget what we had under the last Tory Government..Thatcher and her mob blamed Labour for 18yrs and I say this lot will drive us into a get what you can while you can society.. if there is any such thing as "society" under any Tory Government.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:07   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh .. I'm the blind one?.. can you really say that the finances of the majority of the population have been worse over the last 13 yrs than under the Tories?.. do you think the minimum wage was a bad thing?.have you forgot the hospital patients lying on trolly's because of cuts on nurses? the last 2 years have been a world wide economic crisis but did you suffer so much that you could not feed yourself?..everything was not all paradise but people forget what we had under the last Tory Government..Thatcher and her mob blamed Labour for 18yrs and I say this lot will drive us into a get what you can while you can society.. if there is any such thing as "society" under any Tory Government.
The World according to Zogg, for Zogg read Mancie, remember 1979 Mancie when your talking about people lying n trolly's, the dead unburied, waste piled high in the street and Britain the laughing stock of the financial world and the only thing Sonny Jim could say was crisis what crisis as he got of the plane after a Jolly to the West Indies
Old 08-06-2010, 10:14   #11
God Member

Quote:
The World according to Zogg, for Zogg read Mancie, remember 1979 Mancie when your talking about people lying n trolly's, the dead unburied, waste piled high in the street and Britain the laughing stock of the financial world and the only thing Sonny Jim could say was crisis what crisis as he got of the plane after a Jolly to the West Indies
says tit all.. taking about 1979..and I'm the one who is blinkerd and bringing up the past.. ok what happend in the years after 79' unemployment at over 3 million with another 5 million on other benifits.. riots.. Thatcher going cap and hanbag in hand to pounce money from the same EU she and her kind took us into.. it was a great time.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:20   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
says tit all.. taking about 1979..and I'm the one who is blinkerd and bringing up the past.. ok what happend in the years after 79' unemployment at over 3 million with another 5 million on other benifits.. riots.. Thatcher going cap and hanbag in hand to pounce money from the same EU she and her kind took us into.. it was a great time.
Certainly better than Labours 70s efforts or should I say none efforts, Wilson and co weren't a Government they were a joke and not a very good one either
Old 08-06-2010, 10:30   #13
God Member

Quote:
Certainly better than Labours 70s efforts or should I say none efforts, Wilson and co weren't a Government they were a joke and not a very good one either
err.. don't go slaggin off the 70's .. flares and all that.. the reality is you have an argument that is 50yrs old!.. times have changed and I'll ask you again.. have the last 12-13 yrs been worse than the 80's as in the economy?.. I say no.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:31   #14
Senior Member+

One thing we do know about the cuts as they effect Hyndburn, is that there's already been an 18% cut in our Housing Market Renewal Programme, which equates to about a reduction of 1.6 million. And we have been warned that a deeper cut could follow in the budget on the 22nd June.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:55   #15
Beacon of light

Unhappy Re: Just before the robbing Tory budget

Quote:
give it a couple of years and you will wake up to the reality of a country obsessed with cuts.. no beds for the sick.. thousands living on the streets..all this has been done before by Tory governments and it will be again.
Margaret... you come across as a sit on the fence type and could not bring yorself to vote, you blame labour for everything, but as you have told us so many times we should not blame Thatcher because it was in the past...but you still find time to blame Labour for the cuts we have to bare.
There is only one aim for the Tory cuts.. that is to rob the less well off to appease the rich corporations that fund them.. the newspapers would cry foul if they raised taxes on business but will say nowt if one parent families benifits are cut.. think on it .

You are totally wrong Mancie......I would never sit on the fence if I thought that there was a party which would represent me accurately.
You want me to vote Tory because I won't vote in the same crew who screwed up the country......and they did you know.
I am sick of you harping back to Thatcher......it does not solve the mess we are in now....and despite what you might think, the Labour party had 13 sodding years to sort out any mess made by any other party.

It won't only be the less well off who get penalised by tax cuts, it will be all of us.
And what would your solution be to the financial crisis that we find ourselves in, be?
I would be interested to hear it.
We had a Chancellor....let me think, who was it now???? Ah Yes, it was the venerable Gordon Brown......who sold off our gold reserves at a fraction of what they were worth....and this was in times when the country was supposed to be in a very healthy financial condition.

it is time you woke up to the reality of the situation.......if we don't do something very soon we will be bankrupt.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..