Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2008, 21:42   #16
God Member

Re: just heard this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
How can you be suspected of murdering someone who may not be dead?
That was my first thought. but if you read they found a body , had a couple of suspects then all that was left was a suspision of the victim.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2008, 21:54   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee
but if you read they found a body
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Telegraph
A MURDER inquiry has been launched - even though police have not found a body
Have you been supping the furniture polish again? Or perhaps you read a different article than the one to which you posted a link.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 22:12   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
its a soft play centre isnt it? not a nursery.
Yes, it's a play centre not a nursery.
Old 22-12-2008, 22:55   #19
God Member

Quote:
Have you been supping the furniture polish again? Or perhaps you read a different article than the one to which you posted a link.

Yeah sorry it was the radio news that said there was a body but then when i came home i looked at the telegraph website and found there hadnt been one. thats what puzzled me.
Hands held up .. dont shoot
Old 23-12-2008, 05:34   #20
God Member

Quote:
How can you be suspected of murdering someone who may not be dead?
...due to the amount of blood left at the scene.......remember that 'no body' murder case we had in Accy a couple of years back

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 12:34   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
...due to the amount of blood left at the scene.......remember that 'no body' murder case we had in Accy a couple of years back

Jim was telling me about that but i dont remember it. did they ever find a body ?
Old 23-12-2008, 12:37   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Jim was telling me about that but i dont remember it. did they ever find a body ?
No. THIS ring a bell?

Anyone from Ossy will be familiar with the name of the lad arrested too, but it will more than likely be his father you have heard of

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 00:23   #23

The victim used to live at top of my street, only saw him a couple of days before.

All these bad things happening seem to be getting closer and closer to me.

My condolences to the guys family, his mother came into my work today and its a shame for any parent to have to bury thier children especially under these circumstances and at this time of year.
Old 24-12-2008, 00:29   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
No. THIS ring a bell?

Anyone from Ossy will be familiar with the name of the lad arrested too, but it will more than likely be his father you have heard of
I was very close friends with Shane Fitzpatricks son at school, funnily enough we wrote something together which was brought up in the investigation and it brought back a lot of fond memories. It's funny what things bring up memories from years ago.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 05:47   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I was very close friends with Shane Fitzpatricks son at school, funnily enough we wrote something together which was brought up in the investigation and it brought back a lot of fond memories. It's funny what things bring up memories from years ago.
My post is confusing things a little, It was meant to mean the lad arrested for the recent "murder" not the Shane Fitzpatrick one

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 07:24   #26
God Member

A Padiham man has now been charged with murder
BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Man charged over bodyless murder

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 07:49   #27
God Member

I used to live not far from Stockbridge Rd in Padiham as well..............scary, although the area has gone downhill in recent years. Its a bit like Padihams version of Charter St...............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 11:51   #28
Senior Member+

was working that way today
police van and car still present

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 11:54   #29
God Member

I did have a nosey whilst at my mum and dads and saw the police van....
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 12:46   #30
God Member

I had to laugh when I saw your message about the area going downhill a bit Pip! Like murderers are a product of a bad area... or even a bad upbringing... murderers don't exactly follow a set pattern, it's one of the few things which the classes are merged with. Animal instinct to rip each other apart for survival and all that. Then there are the sick people who treat it like some sort of sport and prey on people for the hell of it.

No type of murder is particularly specific to a certain class or area. Especially not in this economic climate when there are a lot of desperate people.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..