Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2008, 08:41   #46

Re: just heard this...

I know the victim and killers, the killer is a lad i know, i'd of never thought he was capable of murder. definitely not. His flatmate (not father), has done a runner with the body. Victim was a sound guy too, lived round corner from me. Didn't seem like the guy to get into trouble or anything like that..
Old 28-12-2008, 10:57   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes you do, it happens all the time.

I take it you haven't spoken to many homless folk?

They are amongst the most vunerable people in society when it comes to being victims of crime, when the only security they have is that they hope they wake up when someone steals their meagre possessions from under them.

Blimey, it must be ever so cosy living in a bubble, rather than in reality.
I think that blazey always has the same problem Rindi, how old is she 19/20, okay she's a very intelligent young lady who is studying at University to make a better life for herself in the future, but there are a lot of use who didn't take that route, but what we did was got a sound education in the University of life and there are a lot of people on here have come out of that with Honours Degrees, yet only time will tell if blazey achieves the required standards in both forms of education
Old 28-12-2008, 11:16   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Swift View Post
I know the victim and killers, the killer is a lad i know, i'd of never thought he was capable of murder. definitely not. His flatmate (not father), has done a runner with the body. Victim was a sound guy too, lived round corner from me. Didn't seem like the guy to get into trouble or anything like that..
Jack The Ripper probably had his good points too!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 16:05   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I suppose it depends on what type of murder you are referring to I guess. Obviously in areas with gang crime you will get more murder by stabbing for instance, and the odd gun crime.

I reckon its a given that you get more middle class people killed with shotguns

I studied sociology at college though and recall how statistics like that are manipulated by people to make it look like there are drastic differences in the numbers between classes, but murder, rape, and other high end crimes only make up a small percentage of our crime rate in the first place and the small the number the less the percentages are that different.

I don't think it particularly matters what class you are though when someone is on a serial killing spree, so we've all got a chance. Same with terrorist attacks.

And I can see why poorer people may commit crime, but I don't see why poor people would be the targets... its not like they have anything substantial to take... the only benefit is poorer security I guess. Don't hear of many homeless people getting mugged though.

What is it like on your pink cloud..... Homeless people have nothing worth stealing...

What about drugs... alcohol , their makeshift beds and bedding ...the clothes on their backs even: also some very sad people out there think its a laugh to kill them: set fire to them: rape them the list is endless: and all crime related... though often not reported ( its not good for the police to have un-detected crimes on their books)

I studied sociology at college ( have you ? )
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 16:08   #50

i have known the victim for about 20 years now and he has done a lot of stupid things but nobody deserves to be treated like that no matter what they have done i have heard two rumours about them finding a body
roundossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 16:11   #51
Resting in Peace

I was talking to his father last night.... like you say nobody deserves that to happen:
thoughts go out to all the family:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 14:38   #52
God Member

One of the men wanted in connection with this murder has been arrested
Old 18-01-2009, 14:42   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
One of the men wanted in connection with this murder has been arrested
ANy ideas which one?
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 14:53   #54
God Member

Man charged over Padiham 'murder without a body' (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Looks like there was a 4th person involved

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 14:58   #55
God Member

Sorry for giving wrong info, just that my daughter read on tele text that one of them had been arrested
Old 18-01-2009, 15:01   #56
Senior Member+

Thought at first they'd found one of the ones they were looking for, he had the same surname, confused me a bit until i read it all lol

Easy done
Old 18-01-2009, 16:41   #57
Senior Member+

The latest one to be arrested has been charged

Man charged over Padiham 'murder without a body' (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 19-01-2009, 16:49   #58
God Member

hearing rumours a body has been found today, anyone heard owt?
Posted via Mobile Device
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2009, 16:57   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
hearing rumours a body has been found today, anyone heard owt?
Posted via Mobile Device

Now on the telegraph website. I saw workmen going down the drain this morning about 8.40am so they must have found it by accident if the police weren't called until 9.20am

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...in_Accrington/
Old 19-01-2009, 19:22   #60
God Member

Remember this?
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...lty-22844.html
.....could be

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..