Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2009, 13:11   #91
God Member

Re: just heard this...

It will all come out in the wash i`m sure.......................
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2009, 16:09   #92
Senior Member+

Looks like Pete Leonard has handed himself in.

BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Detectives arrest murder suspect
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 18:24   #93
God Member

i heard that on the radio a couple of hours ago
Old 28-01-2009, 19:04   #94
Resting in Peace

Good: maybe now the other chap will do the same... then the lad can have a funeral:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 22:21   #95
God Member

well they both handed themselves in now so mabe the wash will soon be aired.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 23:07   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
well they both handed themselves in now so mabe the wash will soon be aired.
where ya hear that cherokee?
Old 29-01-2009, 00:21   #97
God Member

Was on the news earlier cashy.. pete this morning in Bunley and alan tonight in edingburgh apparently.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 01:36   #98

Quote:
Detectives investigating the murder of Alan Lee Street in East Lancashire have made a further arrest.

A 43 year old man from Padiham presented himself at a police station in Edinburgh on Wednesday afternoon and will now be brought to Burnley for questioning.

Earlier today, a 51 year old man from Accrington was arrested on suspicion of murder after attending Burnley Police Station.

Detective Superintendent Neil Hunter from the Force Major Investigation Team said: “Today’s arrests will enable me to further my enquiry into Mr Street’s death. I would like to thank the local media for their help as I believe that their support may have contributed to today’s developments. I would also thank those members of the public who have contacted us with information but would further appeal for those people who know something but have not yet been in touch to do so by calling Burnley Police on 01282 425001.”
taken from lancs police website
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 16:56   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Was on the news earlier cashy.. pete this morning in Bunley and alan tonight in edingburgh apparently.
Pete and Alan!.....Sounds rather Pally!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 17:17   #100

Have they been charged?
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 18:29   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Pete and Alan!.....Sounds rather Pally!!

Best Regards - Taggy
seeing as thats their names which have been all over the news, would be a bit concerned if cherokee had called them George and Fred lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 23:28   #102

Both have now been charged with murder.and will appear at Burnley mags in the morning
Alan Street murder: two charged (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 09:25   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
seeing as thats their names which have been all over the news, would be a bit concerned if cherokee had called them George and Fred lol
Would have thought Surnames more appropriate way of addressing two suspected murderers really. Mind you, if they get sent down, apparently prisoners are not to be called just by their surnames anymore, either Christian names or Mr,Mrs or Miss! ....I'm so out of touch with modern day society, we really should show criminals much more respect than we do you know!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:34   #104

The world has gone mad.
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:46   #105

Alan street was actually a really nice lad, everyone knew about his past and he took a lot of stick for it, i personally disliked him for a while when i first met him (id heard the gossip and pre-judged him on that) but after spending some time with him he was a genuine and very funny guy, Yeah he did some pretty screwed up things in the past but do people not deserve a second chance.

what happened in his past is irrelevent as far as im concerned, the way the papers reported on this was rubbish, if they really wanted people to come forward with information then why mention the fact that he was a convicted rapist in every other sentence. Regardless of what had happened in his past he was the victim of a murder, nobody deserves that.

Also look at it from the other side, his girlfriend has 3 kids (not his, just to make it clear) one of them is still at school why should she have to suffer, something like this is obviously going to result in bullying of some sort or another and i honestly would put the blame for that purely on the way the media dealt with this.

On a side note i heard Alan Street broke pete leonards jaw a few years ago in a pub, allegedly Pete said to him "you can wait but your a dead man". wonder if that had anything to do with his death?

R.I.P Alan Street hope the memories people remember of you are the happy cheerful guy you were and not the evil scum the media portraid you as.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..