Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2009, 17:36   #106
Resting in Peace

Re: just heard this...

Well said Speedy:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2009, 19:47   #107

i heard it had everything to do with pete havin his jaw broke, anyways still doesnt give him a right to murder does it and alan palmer is a cousin of mine to.
Old 03-02-2009, 18:21   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossywarrior View Post
i heard it had everything to do with pete havin his jaw broke, anyways still doesnt give him a right to murder does it and alan palmer is a cousin of mine to.
He's related to a family member of mine. Its a small world lol.
Old 03-02-2009, 18:27   #109

it is

i didnt have a clue till my mum pointed it out to me but its safe to say i wont be at crown court wearing my "free the accrington 4" t-shirt
Old 03-02-2009, 18:39   #110

Quote:
it is

i didnt have a clue till my mum pointed it out to me but its safe to say i wont be at crown court wearing my "free the accrington 4" t-shirt
I didnt find out till last week, bumped into my cousin in town and he told me.

I wont be attending court either, TBH I really couldnt care less they all deserve whats coming to them IMHO.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:57   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Would have thought Surnames more appropriate way of addressing two suspected murderers really. Mind you, if they get sent down, apparently prisoners are not to be called just by their surnames anymore, either Christian names or Mr,Mrs or Miss! ....I'm so out of touch with modern day society, we really should show criminals much more respect than we do you know!

Best Regards - Taggy
They're always referred to in law reports by surnames. Can't see that ever changing either. Just the way it is always been, so I agree with you, it DOES seem odd to refer to them by their first names, especially their first names alone!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:53   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Have you passed this information on to the Police?

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 15:27   #113
Senior Member+

Police have now charged 3 other people on "Suspicion of Assisting an Offender". Nicola Street (35), Michael Helm (39) and Keith Birtwell (29).

Three charged with assisting offender over East Lancashire murder case (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 10-02-2009, 15:34   #114
God Member

i know a Nicky Street of that age, i hope its not her
Old 10-02-2009, 15:40   #115
Senior Member+

I believe she's Pete Leonards girlfriend, and Alan Lee Streets Cousin Flashy!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 10-02-2009, 15:56   #116
God Member

Street is her married name, i think it is her
Old 10-02-2009, 16:08   #117
I am Banned

yeah Nicola Street ex-moorhead...More commonly known as Nicola Grundy whilst growing up.Shea preggers to
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 16:10   #118
God Member

yeah thats her, got her on my facebook, have known her since i was 4,was just looking through some of the comments on her profile
Old 10-02-2009, 23:38   #119
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
They're always referred to in law reports by surnames. Can't see that ever changing either. Just the way it is always been, so I agree with you, it DOES seem odd to refer to them by their first names, especially their first names alone!

I refer to them by thier first names because that is what I know them as.
I know Pete very well and also Alan.
Have called him a few other things over the years but always to his face so we could laugh about it.
For gods sake if you know someone then surely your going to call them by thier name and not one that suits YOU..
I like many others on this site know them having lived and been brought up in Ossy all my life. so would seem quite odd if I refferred to them as mr and mr blah!!
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:54   #120
Senior Member+

Another Two have now been charged with assisting an Offender. Sean Jackson (37) of Accy, and Paul Dougill (39) of Bolton. Quite a few involved now in one way or another!.

Best Regards - Taggy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..