Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2006, 22:51   #121
Give, give, give member

Re: Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Looking at yours it certainly must….

Guilty.

I was gonna say bang me up and cuff me...but I know you'll already have trouble sleeping tonight and don't want you to have a stroke.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2006, 22:55   #122
God Member

no rindy its still less than when all this kicked off, and I never actually stole anything.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody

Last edited by Madhatter; 19-07-2006 at 22:57.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 22:55   #123
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Guilty.

I was gonna say bang me up and cuff me...but I know you'll already have trouble sleeping tonight and don't want you to have a stroke.
Yeah right, that is quite an horrific thought. Will that be the pink floral cuffs dear….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 22:58   #124
God Member

you've both got a lot
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2006, 17:15   #125
I am Banned

Karma comments

Why doesnt anyone sign them when sending them? Spineless.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2006, 13:57   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
I did not mention you in my post
I checked back, and I can't see where Len blew the gaff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Len had no right to make this info common knowledge... you as a moderator should not use this imformation in your posts.
Well, I for one was in the dark about your "midemeanours" until you let the cat out of the bag yourself (bagpuss... cat... bag?? Oh, forget it!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipax
i dont recall seeing any instruction or rules as to what karma is for and how to use it
Which was exactly my point when, recently, I asked for this sort of info to be available on the site. Then people would know where they stand, and whether they are out of line or not.

Not having much to lose, I can safely stick my neck out. I'm not really bothered about it anyway. If people like to hand it out, then I am pleased, but if they want to take it away, it's no big deal. I intend to carry on making posts in good faith, and do not intend to deliberately "wind people up", except perhaps in fun.

It does disappoint me, though, when people leave positive karma and don't acknowledge it, and when it's negative, it is chickening out not to admit responsibility.

I wholeheartedly agree with Grannyclaret and Silvermain:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
to not sign it either...well, that was cowardly too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermain
It certainly shouldn't be a tit for tat exercise.

I'm with Garinda:

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I don't think any of us can decide who is or isn't an interesting or funny poster on Accy Web. We all have different likes and dislikes.
Exactly. We are not all necessarily on the same wave length, and people need to make allowances for that fact. If you don't like something, just ignore it - unless, of course, it is directed at you, in which case you have every right to retaliate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
Good hard debates are fine but childish arguing serves no purpose at all
Hear, hear.

Well, at least reading this thread I learned a bit more about karma. Interrresteenk...

Tricia

Tricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2006, 14:54   #127
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
I did not mention you in my post

[I checked back, and I can't see where Len blew the gaff.=Tricia]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Len had no right to make this info common knowledge... you as a moderator should not use this imformation in your posts.

[Well, I for one was in the dark about your "midemeanours" until you let the cat out of the bag yourself (bagpuss... cat... bag?? Oh, forget it!!)=Tricia]
A big thank you to Tricia for sorting this out for us, (what would we do without you?).

Taking such time and effort to act as judge and jury on the 'misdemeanor' of a longstanding member, Bagpuss, by the way where did you get the idea to call it that? Nothing Bagpuss had done was a misdemeanor.

Definition of misdemeanor (noun)=minor crime

The dust had settled he and len had returned to normal and...... you found the large wooden spoon lurking at the back of the chat room and decided to put it to some use.

Is this perhaps the reason you lay such importance on being able to see the rules?
So that you can tell people what they are doing wrong perhaps?
Give you a copy of the rules and the moderators will be kept busy with you pressing the report button every few seconds.

I have it on very good authority that the rules dey am de rules, and they only become important when Roy or the Mods say so, the rest of us can just carry on our own little merry way until we break them, we will soon be told.

This isn't a committee, we don't have any say in when or how the rules can or will be changed, that will happen when Roy with advise from his moderators thinks they need to change. Until that moment stop worrying about the rules that way they have less chance of getting you into trouble and you won't get cramp in your report button finger from finding someone that is abusing them.

Please put all replying insults below Or you could start a new thread for them, (you get more ackers if you start a new thread). :-
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2006, 15:54   #128
I am Banned

Well said Less I'd give ya more karmer but it wont let me until i spread it about a bit
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2006, 17:28   #129
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
It does disappoint me, though, when people leave positive karma and don't acknowledge it, and when it's negative, it is chickening out not to admit responsibility.

I wholeheartedly agree with Grannyclaret and Silvermain:
I've only given negative Karma once. It was signed, & i even added a post saying that i'd done so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
When i was 16, a girl i went to school with took her own life by way of a heroin overdose. She was a friend & nieghbour. At the age of 19, one of my best friends was stabbed to death by a drug addict. Both of these people were supplied by an "average" dealers.

I hope this so called "average" dealer rots in jail.

If you think this is a harsh response, then visit my DEAD friends, parents.

This is the first time i've given negative karma, & yes i signed it.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...e-24597-2.html

Post number 17

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2006, 17:30   #130
Senior Member+

Re: Karma comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermain
Why did you get negative Karma?

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2006, 22:38   #131
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Without reading the whole thread again I can't remember what I did but in case I was guilty I've given some karma back and signed it this time. Tricia please continue getting out the wooden spoon again sometimes old threads need bringing up again but I'm not sure this is one of them.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2006, 22:48   #132
Resident Waffler

Karma exists because Roy thinks it's fun. Well that's what he said the other day anyway and I believe him because he had a demonic look in his eye at the time.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2006, 09:05   #133
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Karma exists because Roy thinks it's fun. Well that's what he said the other day anyway and I believe him because he had a demonic look in his eye at the time.
A bit of sadistic fun maybe????

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2006, 10:37   #134
Resident Waffler

You may think that Spuggie J, I couldn't possibly comment.

I've decided to go all mysterious today and any karma I award I'm going to do it anonymously.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2006, 10:40   #135
white rabbits

[quote=WillowTheWhisp] You may think that Spuggie J, I couldn't possibly comment.

I've decided to go all mysterious today and any karma I award I'm going to do it anonymously.
[/quote if its written in purple,that might be a give away

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..