Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2008, 17:26   #76
Beacon of light

Re: Karma Award Scheme

Oh, so there IS something that gives you Joy and pleasure then.
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2008, 17:57   #77
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Karma Award Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh, so there IS something that gives you Joy and pleasure then.
My what a selective memory you have.

Does Sheer Bliss at http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/sheer-bliss-40002.html ring any bells? It should do because you posted in it.

Tip. Try to remember – when you edit your post and remove a sentence shortly after making it, the email notifying people that a new post has been made has gone out and will contain the whole original post.
Old 16-06-2008, 18:10   #78
God Member

I wouldnt be surprised Jambutty, if some of the negative karma is from people speaking out for others, so isnt necessarily from the people you credit with sending it, I feel that some of your comments can be abrasive, and many give the same treatment back, (tit for tat), I know there are members here who are held in high regard by others, mostly for thier ability to write clearly, with literacy and with a different view on things, you possess some of these qualities yourself, but for some reason choose not to use them to there best effect, therefore it comes over as abrasive and sometimes aggressive, I dont give negative karma, but I do hold some people on here with due respect, and if I did give out negative karma, I feel sure that you would occasionally be a recipient, this is not having a go, abusive, or nasty, it is an opinion, as we have agreed before, we are both entitled to that, but I along with many others present it in a civil manner.
Old 16-06-2008, 18:18   #79
God Member

Good God, get over it.

This is an Internet forum. The Internet grants the opportunity for people to be whoever they so wish to be in their weak minds while maintaining a faceless (and/or nameless) facade.

Your life doesn't amount to much if you get personally offended by the way other users act on here, privately or overtly.

Don't get irate; feel sorry for them.
Old 16-06-2008, 18:27   #80
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Good God, get over it.
Agreed.

Karma moaning threads are soooooooo last season.

The current vogue is for epic political rants.

On a serious note, if karma messages are abusive then the moderators can deal with it, if you let them know, and I say this as someone who has had enough red karma to spread on a whole pile of jam butties.

Old 16-06-2008, 20:10   #81
Beacon of light

So that is two things that give you joy and pleasure then.
As for the edited post....well you got to see what i posted...and what was deleted....am I sorry that you got to see it ......NO.
I do not demean your posts.....and I have never given you negative Karma, I have not used bad/insulting language about anything you have posted.
My opinion of you is just that.....MINE...and this opinion has been formed from reading what you post...maybe in real life you are different.
And if my opinion is so unimportant, why do you have to find posts to justify yourself?
Old 16-06-2008, 20:36   #82
God Member

I have only given negative karma on a couple of occasions but signed it both times, I know once was just because Less asked for negative, so I just couldn't resist and on another occasion was due to the person being directly insulting to others and not due to a difference of opinion.

And the comment I left have never been insulting and I have to say credit to those that received it, I never got any negative back

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 16-06-2008, 21:41   #83
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Karma Award Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I wouldnt be surprised Jambutty, if some of the negative karma is from people speaking out for others, so isnt necessarily from the people you credit with sending it, I feel that some of your comments can be abrasive, and many give the same treatment back, (tit for tat), I know there are members here who are held in high regard by others, mostly for thier ability to write clearly, with literacy and with a different view on things, you possess some of these qualities yourself, but for some reason choose not to use them to there best effect, therefore it comes over as abrasive and sometimes aggressive, I dont give negative karma, but I do hold some people on here with due respect, and if I did give out negative karma, I feel sure that you would occasionally be a recipient, this is not having a go, abusive, or nasty, it is an opinion, as we have agreed before, we are both entitled to that, but I along with many others present it in a civil manner.
So you agree that there is a clique?

I don’t credit any one particular person for the abusive comments accompanying Karma. How could I they are never signed?

My abrasive comments are responses to abrasive comments received.

Or am I supposed to bow down to the bully boys?
Old 16-06-2008, 21:52   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
So you agree that there is a clique?

I don’t credit any one particular person for the abusive comments accompanying Karma. How could I they are never signed?

My abrasive comments are responses to abrasive comments received.

Or am I supposed to bow down to the bully boys?
Put this to bed Jim......We all know you are upset....If you recieve a dodgy comment use my expression.

SOD OFF

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Old 16-06-2008, 21:54   #85
God Member

The only red showing up on my list at the moment is one saying 'anyone who is pro-european deserves to loose karma'

It is quite impressive that someone can spell pro-european but not lose. It was unsigned though

On that note, I'm surprised nobody gives me negative rep for being a tory or a lawyer to be if thats the kind of thing people give bad rep for
Old 16-06-2008, 21:56   #86
God Member

I dont agree there is a clique, there are people who know each other personally, and therefore are more friendly than they may be with 'strangers', unless that, in your opinion is a clique, then there are people on here that I dont know personally, but have high regard for due to the quality of thier posts, there obvious intellect, and thier ability to post disagreement without sounding harsh or abrasive, I still say that rather than being bullied, when people disagree with your opinion, and say so, in a fairly polite manner, that your return posts are usually more abrupt, harsher and more abrasive, therefore people will view your posts (therefore yourself) with contempt, I can only think of two other people (and I will not name them) who's posts are sometimes more abrasive than yours, they also recieve plenty of negative unsigned karma apparently, seems to me there is a pattern.
Old 16-06-2008, 22:00   #87
Senior Member+

omg......does it really matter???

I dont care if my red karma is signed or not as long as it a valid reason, unlike the bt one i got that didnt make sense... I like my green karma to be signed because i always pm the sender and thank them for it.

Either way , it doesnt affect my life so it is not important!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 16-06-2008, 22:12   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
omg......does it really matter???

I dont care if my red karma is signed or not as long as it a valid reason, unlike the bt one i got that didnt make sense... I like my green karma to be signed because i always pm the sender and thank them for it.

Either way , it doesnt affect my life so it is not important!

I got some red stuff the other night for some thread or other from a few months ago, it said " yeah I agree, sod 'em"
Old 16-06-2008, 22:16   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
I got some red stuff the other night for some thread or other from a few months ago, it said " yeah I agree, sod 'em"
Not from me...I would have said: SOD OFF

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Old 16-06-2008, 22:20   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Not from me...I would have said: SOD OFF

You probably would

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..