Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2008, 22:22   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Karma Award Scheme

the random ones can be funny sometimes tho

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2008, 00:17   #92
white rabbits

I have just got some good karma from David 1?????i would normally send a p.m to say thanks,but the members list as gone and i dont seem to knowhim,,,,
Old 17-06-2008, 00:46   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I have just got some good karma from David 1?????i would normally send a p.m to say thanks,but the members list as gone and i dont seem to knowhim,,,,
Members list is in Quick Links Granny and David1 is Micks brother
Old 17-06-2008, 08:50   #94
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
So you agree that there is a clique?
Ah Yes, the good old accyweb clique, from what I've heard even those that are part of it don't know that they are.

So exclusive, it is even rumoured that the admin' applied for membership and has been blackballed three times.

There isn't and there never has been an accyweb clique, only people like you that think it unfair that you can't join.
Old 17-06-2008, 08:54   #95
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
There isn't and there never has been an accyweb clique, only people like you that think it unfair that you can't join.
Shhh, its much more fun when people think there is one.
Old 17-06-2008, 09:00   #96

To be fair, the karma system, especially the unsigned negative does my head in. If it was a valid point, fair enough, but not just random statements. I have never given bad karma, because at the end of the day, if i have something to say, I do just say it, but I also try to appreciate that people have different opinions. Just because we dont have the same, doesnt mean they deserve bad karma.

JB- you do come across really badly sometimes. To be truthful, I think if you posted your thought with a little more sensitivity, people would be more receptive to your thoughts. Am sending karma cos i agree with the principle behind your ideas on karma, just wish you'd learnt to bite ya tongue, count to ten and then post sometimes lol
Old 17-06-2008, 09:06   #97

Quote:
Ah Yes, the good old accyweb clique, from what I've heard even those that are part of it don't know that they are.

So exclusive, it is even rumoured that the admin' applied for membership and has been blackballed three times.

Less, I think its does depend on what you class a clique. Obviously there are members of the forum here, that have been speaking for years, know each other personally and so on

I'm not saying you have a secret handshake or initiation tests, but are more close obviously) than other members.

If you wanted anymore proof on this, i think the split chatroom a bit ago kinda showed what i mean?

I think clique is maybe the wrong word, as it implies a negativity, but more groups of people that are like minded lol
Old 17-06-2008, 09:20   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Less, I think its does depend on what you class a clique. Obviously there are members of the forum here, that have been speaking for years, know each other personally and so on
I'm not saying you have a secret handshake or initiation tests, but are more close obviously) than other members.
Yes there are members that have known each other for years through the site, but if that is the only basis you have for calling them a clique then jambutty must be a star member of it he's been on here for years.

Quote:

If you wanted anymore proof on this, i think the split chatroom a bit ago kinda showed what i mean?
From what I understand, the split chatroom was due to the fact that one member was being disruptive every time he/she went in, so the regulars tried to avoid him/her.

Quote:
I think clique is maybe the wrong word, as it implies a negativity,
Yes, clique is the wrong word, it is the word bandied about by people that feel they are being left out.

Quote:
but more groups of people that are like minded lol
In that case I am a member of the clique, you, are a member of the clique, everyone on here is a member of the clique.

The like mindedness is that we are all members of accyweb and most want to feel part of that community.
Old 17-06-2008, 10:02   #99

Hold up a minute Less

I didnt mean it was a negative thing. I think I clearly stated that. If you stick a group of people in one place, then there are obviously going to be people that have more in common than other people and so on. There are also going to be people that you really have nothing in common with and do not want to talk to.

We could also say we are like minded because we breathe air.

All I was trying to say was that, yes there are seperate groups on here, that can be defined by political views, age, gender etc.

The majority of members will still listen to someones views no matter what.

Dont really appreciate you ripping my post to threads when I tried my best to put my opinion across as 'sensitively' as possible
Old 17-06-2008, 10:07   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Hold up a minute Less

I didnt mean it was a negative thing. I think I clearly stated that. If you stick a group of people in one place, then there are obviously going to be people that have more in common than other people and so on. There are also going to be people that you really have nothing in common with and do not want to talk to.

We could also say we are like minded because we breathe air.

All I was trying to say was that, yes there are seperate groups on here, that can be defined by political views, age, gender etc.

The majority of members will still listen to someones views no matter what.

Dont really appreciate you ripping my post to threads when I tried my best to put my opinion across as 'sensitively' as possible
I wasn't ripping it apart, I was answering each relevant point and certainly not having a go at you.

I was stating that we all have a common bond.
Old 17-06-2008, 10:19   #101
God Member

Quote:
I wasn't ripping it apart, I was answering each relevant point and certainly not having a go at you.

I thiink that means Less is always right............Sometimes?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Old 17-06-2008, 10:20   #102

God yeah, course we all do.

And besides that, if we all had the same opinions, life would be extremely boring.

To be honest, the 'nice' threads on here are good, but ya gotta love some of the nastier ones lol. One if the reasons I visit the site so often is because you can be guarenteed a good healthy debate, sometimes it does get a bit 'lively' but overall its superb.

I guess, thats my (very minor) problem with the karma system, you can get knocked for having your own opinion. I dont expect people to agree with me on everything but i dont think you should get negative karma for an opinion, only if its expressed in the wrong way.
Old 17-06-2008, 10:22   #103

Quote:

And apologies, it felt that was what you were doing.

Guess thats the problem with the internet, makes it hard to judge tone etc and some things can be taken the wrong way
Old 17-06-2008, 10:26   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I thiink that means Less is always right............Sometimes?
No it means Royboy is attempting to stir it once again.
Old 17-06-2008, 10:29   #105
Beacon of light

Quote:

Less you have hit the nail on the head here.
Closed Thread

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..