Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2010, 13:05   #1

KFC - Accrington

Last night decided that we would partake of a KFC not something we regularly have but it was a break from the customary Friday night Chinese.

one group of 3 people in front of us who had clearly put their order in had been served with drinks and were waiting for further food to be cooked. Joined in the queue by a further 4 people and after waiting for 10 minutes were the original member of staff had not even recognised there was any kind of queue forming. eventually informed by another muppet behind the counter that they had no food ready and it would be at least 15 mins before chicken would be ready. As a consequnce 6 customers leave the store to find sustinance elsewhere.

sadly this is not my first experience of poor service at this branch in that in the past they have run out of chicken!! or limited choice on side dishes however I would say that service in other branches of KFC has been ok

anybody else had issues with KFC in Accy , or how do other immitations compare with KFC for food
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2010, 13:30   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: KFC - Accrington

The gravy at Accy is usually very poor
Old 13-11-2010, 14:03   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
Last night decided that we would partake of a KFC not something we regularly have but it was a break from the customary Friday night Chinese.

one group of 3 people in front of us who had clearly put their order in had been served with drinks and were waiting for further food to be cooked. Joined in the queue by a further 4 people and after waiting for 10 minutes were the original member of staff had not even recognised there was any kind of queue forming. eventually informed by another muppet behind the counter that they had no food ready and it would be at least 15 mins before chicken would be ready. As a consequnce 6 customers leave the store to find sustinance elsewhere.

sadly this is not my first experience of poor service at this branch in that in the past they have run out of chicken!! or limited choice on side dishes however I would say that service in other branches of KFC has been ok

anybody else had issues with KFC in Accy , or how do other immitations compare with KFC for food
I've occasionally had southern fried chicken from Rinos in Ossy hedman, which is quite good, but I actually think that KFC is the best, but I would only have either occasionally
Old 13-11-2010, 14:11   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It's worth the wait everything is Hal al
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 16:33   #5
Give, give, give member

Not somewhere we go a lot, but we were passing last Sunday, and it was lunchtime.

It was packed.

Pandemonium.

I grabbed two seats, clearing a path through the squashed fries, and wiped a table, whilst my mum queued up.

A woman came out of the loo, and came up to me. No one else.

Thrust something in my hand, and said you should read this.

A quick glance confirmed it was some religious text, so I smiled, politely, said no thanks, and offered it her back.

'Read it! I was told more forcibly, with the further information that if I didn't I'd die a sinner in the bowels of Hell.

A firmer no thanks, but she was still bangin' on.

I explained that if I read it or not, her, and her church would still see me as a damned sinner, but I was really very happy with this situation.

Eventually she returned to the people at her table.

I could tell with my mum's face she wasn't too happy in the noisey madhouse.

I went across and said we'd leave, and find somewhere more restful to eat lunch.

If you were in there, I hope you enjoyed the floorshow.

The floorshow being me turning mental, going over to the disciples table and shouting at the top of my voice, that if she ever saw me again, not to preach her vile filth to me, and she can stich her little booklet up her Parson's nose, and give herself a good finger lickin' experience.

Happily for her it was only a one act performance.

It would have been two, after I'd explained to my mum what had happened, but I managed to get her out into the car, before bringing down the final curtain.

Not somewhere we'll ever be going back to, anytime soon.

(The performance was free to stage by the way. No funding from the state was used.)

Last edited by garinda; 13-11-2010 at 16:35.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 19:02   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Looks like one nutter recognised another nutter.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 19:15   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Looks like one nutter recognised another nutter.
Like bees around honey.

Or do I mean like flies around...

Talking of which, it's ages since we last met.

Next time you fly up, give me a buzz.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 19:27   #8
God Member

Samlesbury KFC has always been the best
Old 13-11-2010, 19:37   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I agree Kentucky Fried Crow was tops.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 19:37   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Not really that well known over here about 60 apparently, we must be right Cosmopolitan as we've got one in Osnabrück & a Pizza Hut
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 20:46   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Yes it has, been a few months since I made a slight detour on my way from work to go though
Old 13-11-2010, 21:24   #12
God Member

Quote:
Anyone remember the goats? they used to love eating the boxes

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 00:52   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Anyone remember the goats? they used to love eating the boxes
havnt seen the goats since that particular kfc did a larger limited edition £40 bucket deal

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 09:12   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Not somewhere we go a lot, but we were passing last Sunday, and it was lunchtime.

It was packed.

Pandemonium.

I grabbed two seats, clearing a path through the squashed fries, and wiped a table, whilst my mum queued up.

Thrust something in my hand, and said you should read this.

A quick glance confirmed it was some religious text, so I smiled, politely, said no thanks, and offered it her back.

'Read it! I was told more forcibly, with the further information that if I didn't I'd die a sinner in the bowels of Hell.

A firmer no thanks, but she was still bangin' on.

I explained that if I read it or not, her, and her church would still see me as a damned sinner, but I was really very happy with this situation.

Eventually she returned to the people at her table.

I could tell with my mum's face she wasn't too happy in the noisy madhouse.

I went across and said we'd leave, and find somewhere more restful to eat lunch.

If you were in there, I hope you enjoyed the floor show.

The floor show being me turning mental, going over to the disciples table and shouting at the top of my voice, that if she ever saw me again, not to preach her vile filth to me, and she can stick her little booklet up her Parson's nose, and give herself a good finger lickin' experience.

Happily for her it was only a one act performance.

It would have been two, after I'd explained to my mum what had happened, but I managed to get her out into the car, before bringing down the final curtain.

Not somewhere we'll ever be going back to, anytime soon.

(The performance was free to stage by the way. No funding from the state was used.)

Pity that G seems you've got the chastising of morons of to an art
Old 15-11-2010, 22:23   #15

Ive had the poos after going to Accy KFC a few times
Vicbfc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..