Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 17:33   #46
God Member

Re: Kind Hearts and Coronets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
You are, of course, referring to the likes of Abu Hamza, Omar Bakri Mohammed and their love and tolerance of christianity and western society.
yes you got it...should anyone have the freedom to call for out right murder?.. of course not.. therefore there is no absolute free speech and never should be.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2010, 20:56   #47

Banning the Koran is an interesting concept when you think about it. Most of the Koran appears as the Old Testament in our Bible, with a few relatively minor changes. Muslims even worship the same God as Jews and Christians.

Sad, isn't it?
Hiddlebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 20:59   #48
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddlebit View Post
Banning the Koran is an interesting concept when you think about it. Most of the Koran appears as the Old Testament in our Bible, with a few relatively minor changes. Muslims even worship the same God as Jews and Christians.

Sad, isn't it?

Perhaps there'll come a time when mankind will be stong enough to walk without the crutch that is religion.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 21:20   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddlebit View Post

Sad, isn't it?
I don't actually think anyone is calling for a ban on the Koran , just its literal interpretation by the Mad Mullahs who want to implement its 'rules' into western society .
Wether its the crazy Christian Evilgelicals like the clowns here in the US who are calling for the Orca which 'killed' its trainer in Florida recently to be stoned to death in line with Biblical rules, or fanatical Muslims who believe apostasy should be punished by death , in my mind there is nothing to choose between them (two sides of the same coin) and all should be shipped off to their own little island as far away as possible from normal folk .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:19   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
I don't actually think anyone is calling for a ban on the Koran , just its literal interpretation by the Mad Mullahs who want to implement its 'rules' into western society .
Wether its the crazy Christian Evilgelicals like the clowns here in the US who are calling for the Orca which 'killed' its trainer in Florida recently to be stoned to death in line with Biblical rules, or fanatical Muslims who believe apostasy should be punished by death , in my mind there is nothing to choose between them (two sides of the same coin) and all should be shipped off to their own little island as far away as possible from normal folk .
I agree SJ its not the Koran its the interpretation by some people to fuel their own hatreds, always amazes me that these hate mongers abhor our way of life, yet are quite happy siting on the fa religious backsides and let the tax payer pay for their upkeep and the raising of their many kids
Old 15-05-2010, 08:35   #51
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Just brought this to mind after reading something in the papers this morning, I knew it'd been mentioned before about languages.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Council pays for 300 workers to translate into 105 languages

Now is a perfect time to show what the new Government has got by getting a grip of situations like this, the savings here would be immense.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010, 08:54   #52
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well that link had me confused, Daily Express? I thought we were only allowed to link to the Daily Mail for this type of thing?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010, 11:04   #53
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well that link had me confused, Daily Express? I thought we were only allowed to link to the Daily Mail for this type of thing?
Not always, a little bit of variety does you the World of good !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010, 17:15   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Just brought this to mind after reading something in the papers this morning, I knew it'd been mentioned before about languages.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Council pays for 300 workers to translate into 105 languages

Now is a perfect time to show what the new Government has got by getting a grip of situations like this, the savings here would be immense.
be interesting to see the contents of the fridge, and state of the microwave in the employees eating area
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 07:36   #55

Can anybody guess how many languages official forms are available in here in France???

That's right, one, French.
Doesn't that seem more sensible than spending a fortune translating everything?
setayas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 09:22   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not always, a little bit of variety does you the World of good !
Don't let it worry you Dave the express is far to up market for Less
Old 16-05-2010, 09:28   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by setayas View Post
Can anybody guess how many languages official forms are available in here in France???

That's right, one, French.
Doesn't that seem more sensible than spending a fortune translating everything?
Looks like its a case of when in France, mind you its the case in every other country except GB I'm sure that if you move to say France, Spain or Portugal if you want anything you have to learn their language or pay for an interpreter full stop
Old 16-05-2010, 09:36   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Looks like its a case of when in France, mind you its the case in every other country except GB I'm sure that if you move to say France, Spain or Portugal if you want anything you have to learn their language or pay for an interpreter full stop
Que.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 13:03   #59
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Hasn't this been said before by many people even if only to induce intergration & acceptance ?

Eric Pickles orders ban on council translations for migrants - Telegraph
Old 10-03-2013, 14:23   #60
Beacon of light

yes, it has been said, and by many people.
Don't say someone is finally taking notice.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..