Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2017, 16:37   #16
Full Member+

Re: Knee Replacement

I do not think it warrants labeling me a 'No-all idiot.' Obviously Bury hospital have a totally different policy for these ops than Burnley General because no one has ever gone home after 1 nights stay never mind the same day. FACT.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2017, 17:57   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
I do not think it warrants labeling me a 'No-all idiot.' Obviously Bury hospital have a totally different policy for these ops than Burnley General because no one has ever gone home after 1 nights stay never mind the same day. FACT.
Reading this thread as a neutral Rowlf, i dont reckon he was referring to you? i'm sure if he was he correct me.
Old 02-01-2017, 18:58   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Approx 8 inches overall when standing so somewhat more when the knee is at 90 deg or so. I think there were 14 clips in each knee but would have to check back through the documentation to confirm that. 28 days of self injection of anti blood clotting medication.
I do keep all medical documentation, just a pain to dig back through it all just to prove what know-all idiots some people can be.
Checked by the physio that I could do all the required exercises - quite simple really, and also checked by the surgeon before I was released.
First one was operated on around 1000 hrs, released 1100 hrs the following day. Second one the operation was around 0900 hrs and released at 1930 hrs same day - timings may well be a little inaccurate as some of my grey cells sometimes go on walkabout
I can put up with people who tell little white lies, I can also put up with people who bend the truth now and again; What I can not put up with is people who continually spread Bull Manure in order to get a response.

If the person above who say's, that he has had a total knee replacement and walked out of hospital on the same day is prepared to meet me with the proof of his statement, then I will appologise for my comments but I very much doubt that this will happen.

All the best to you and your's Mr Yates.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 19:03   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I sincerely hope he does cos if so yer in fer shock
Old 02-01-2017, 22:36   #20

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Knee replacement - Recovery - NHS Choices

'If you're generally fit and well, the surgeon may suggest an enhanced recovery programme where you start walking on the day of the operation and are discharged within one to three days.'

Coupled with the high probability that the NHS bed on that particular day was needed for someone with a life threatening issue as opposed to recuperation that could be adequately carried out at home.....in and out on the same day appears to be a distinct possibility in certain circumstances
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:12   #21
Mog

Quote:
Approx 8 inches overall when standing so somewhat more when the knee is at 90 deg or so. I think there were 14 clips in each knee but would have to check back through the documentation to confirm that. 28 days of self injection of anti blood clotting medication.
I do keep all medical documentation, just a pain to dig back through it all just to prove what know-all idiots some people can be.
Checked by the physio that I could do all the required exercises - quite simple really, and also checked by the surgeon before I was released.
First one was operated on around 1000 hrs, released 1100 hrs the following day. Second one the operation was around 0900 hrs and released at 1930 hrs same day - timings may well be a little inaccurate as some of my grey cells sometimes go on walkabout

Barrie I am on your side mate, I had a full knee replacement 4 years ago. and I was home within 24 hours. that's one day in anybody's language. that is also a 10" scar. Photo is a bit blurd but it can be seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (486.6 KB, 9 views)
Barrie Yates likes this.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:38   #22

Yes, O/K, Mr Yates is due for a full and unconditional apology from me; not only referring that he was (bending the truth) as i put it but my post(s) were ill considered and not my normal way of expressing myself. To Barrie and all other's who have read my last two posts please ignore them, I cannot be more apologetic than I am feeling at the moment.Sorry
Old 03-01-2017, 16:04   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Yes, O/K, Mr Yates is due for a full and unconditional apology from me; not only referring that he was (bending the truth) as i put it but my post(s) were ill considered and not my normal way of expressing myself. To Barrie and all other's who have read my last two posts please ignore them, I cannot be more apologetic than I am feeling at the moment.Sorry
Apology accepted and no hard feelings.
Old 03-01-2017, 16:07   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Barrie I am on your side mate, I had a full knee replacement 4 years ago. and I was home within 24 hours. that's one day in anybody's language. that is also a 10" scar. Photo is a bit blurd but it can be seen.
Could say "Snap" - it looks just about identical to my two, mine are perhaps a little fainter.
Old 03-01-2017, 20:56   #25
Full Member+

Well Barrie and Mog looks like you are the exception rather than the rule.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 21:03   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Well Barrie and Mog looks like you are the exception rather than the rule.
No it seems like different hospitals have different practices to me?
Old 03-01-2017, 21:13   #27
Beacon of light

I think perhaps you are right Cashy.
My neighbours son was in Wrightingtom under Prof Hodkinson. He was in six days.
This was due to post op bruising...he was warned that sometimes this happens and it cannot be predicted who will get it and who won't.
Saying that, he said it has given him back his life and he can now go and enjoy his golf again.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 22:49   #28

Quite frankly does it matter if you are in hospital for a day or more as long as you get better . The length of stay in a Hospital is not a badge of courage but deoends on the opinion of the medical staff after all they would know (Hopefully - if not then sue them) what they are doing.
keith higson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:53   #29

Quote:
Apology accepted and no hard feelings.
Thank you

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..