Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree129Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2015, 20:33   #31
JCB

Re: Labour Leadership Contest

How accurate is the Telegraph , Wyn ?

The report speaks of eight IRA members killed by the SAS in an ambush in Gibraltar. Not true .

People "higher up" than Jeremy Corbyn have met Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams......

The Queen also met Martin McGuinness .....

And Prince Charles met Gerry Adams.....

And the Telegraph's biography of Jeremy Corbyn in 60 seconds.....well , not worthy of comment .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-08-2015, 20:55   #32
Super Moderator

She had to as part of her job spec, tied on with Peace Agreement, he did it because he wants to...it embelishes his trendy chic radical pretensions. As for the SAS ambush and killing of the IRA, you're right, the eight were killed in Co. Antrim and three in Gibraltar the year after.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 7 | 1988: IRA gang shot dead in Gibraltar
Old 17-08-2015, 12:47   #33
Senior Member+

have japan yet apologised..?
if people are looking for an alternative
give them a real one..

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 22:44   #34

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

And Ian Duncan Smith continues to make his cull ….

Thousands have died after being found fit for work, DWP figures show | Society | The Guardian

by taking an amalgam of ideas from Mad Max, Mein Kampf and Nietzsche, putting them in a bag, shaking them up and employing a pay by results French company called Atos.

That targets those with terminal illnesses who are passed as fit because they can walk a few yards or raise their hands above their heads. And don’t even get me started on a bedroom tax that forces people out of their family homes.

This is someone who feels the need to distinguish himself by using his middle name to elevate himself from all the other bog standard, ordinary Ian Smiths out there. I’m not one of those people….Nyah Nyah I have a different name and I'm better!…

I’m not prone to violence but I would cheerily deck this muppet with a wheel brace and watch while he waited for an ambulance to take him to an overworked (or closed) casualty department..

Meanwhile Cameron gives an election promise to reduce peerages yet adds more during his tenure as PM than Thatcher…and to add insult to injury his latest addition includes the guy who ripped us all off by claiming a couple of grand to clean his moat….(Hands up everyone who told their kids that honesty was the best policy)

You tories do know that if they all turned up to ‘the house’, there wouldn’t be enough seats for them, then again if they do turn up and fall asleep for an hour or so for a day….they still earn around four times as much as someone on jobseekers allowance gets a week…and they can claim expenses!!

But hey..lets take the mick out of a guy who likes the idea of vulnerable women feeling safe on trains....(here's a non PC view...ask any young woman if they'd feel safe walking their dog through corporation park in Blackburn after dark)

Despite everything that is going on our MP who, was voted in under the 'labour' tag, continues to constantly bang on about fixed odds betting terminals, (which incidentally are a personal choice like smoking, taking drugs and drinking) and his only comment on the leadership election...

Graham Jones ‏@GrahamJones_MP Aug 23
Traditional Labour values are work, personal responsibility, community & a safety net. Not 1970's militant, hard left London liberalism.

Obviously someone who has absolutely no idea about the meaning of 'traditional', 'labour' and 'values'!!
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 30-08-2015, 10:08   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I've not been following it but I wouldn't be surprised if they picked a woman. Positive discrimination appears to be the flavour of the day in politics for the last few years
Old 30-08-2015, 10:38   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I've not been following it but I wouldn't be surprised if they picked a woman. Positive discrimination appears to be the flavour of the day in politics for the last few years
Whilst i agree about positive discrimination, both women are useless, so unless stupidity is a factor, it wont shock me.
Old 31-08-2015, 12:06   #37
God Member

somebody must be scared of Corbyn after being discredited in the Murdoch press.he is left of left but some of his policies are pro-British bringing back British rail and bringing the utilities back into public yes British public ownership etc people say it will be impossible but it wont be remember the east line brought £420 million in for the tax payer and the Tories rushed through the franchise last year. i would actually leave the European union if this is what it would take to get the utilities back into British government ownership. plus if this what it takes to ween voters in Scotland off the nationalists i am all for it. so its Corbyn for me.
Old 31-08-2015, 17:36   #38
Super Moderator

So presumably, all those who have expressed support for Corbyn are in favour of us scrapping our nuclear deterrent? I never realised Accyweb was such a hotbed of unilateralism!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 31-08-2015 at 17:40.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2015, 21:21   #39
Senior Member+

Isn't the Scottish Crone singing from the same hymn sheet over nuclear weapons?
Old 31-08-2015, 22:18   #40
Super Moderator

She certainly is, Barrie; the problem is that, as far as I can see, the majority of the electorate and even the majority of the Parliamentary Labour Party aren't in favour of unilaterally scrapping our nuclear deterrent at the moment, so if Comrade Corbyn is elected leader, he may have his work cut out!
Old 31-08-2015, 22:35   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well i agree the majority i speak with, have no wish to do away with our nuclear deterrent, but doubt very much Corbyn will try to do away wi it if elected, Thing is as i see it, too many are being brainwashed wi the media, the normal tactic used, I have no doubt at all that would have certainly been on his agenda a few years ago, but he dont strike me as stupid, though many of the public do.
Old 31-08-2015, 22:54   #42
Super Moderator

You don't have to be "brainwashed" to see that Corbyn is a committed unilateralist and has been for his whole political life. One thing I will say about the man is that he sticks to his principles absolutely, unlike many others in Parliament who alter their views for the sake of political expediency. To think that if he becomes leader, he will then jetison one of his most cherished beliefs - that nuclear weapons are immoral - is totally and utterly wrong, in my view.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:47   #43
Senior Member+

He will stick to his principles knowing that by doing so he will garner a substantial amount of support from everyone with CND leanings
Old 01-09-2015, 07:12   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I shall wait and see if hes elected, I make my own mind up,not let the press do it.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:55   #45
Super Moderator

Incidentally, if he is elected leader, I can't wait until he announces his views on immigration. We'll see how his disciples on here react to them!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..