Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree392Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2016, 08:08   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Labour Party

Probably not far off the mark yon jim imho
Old 27-06-2016, 08:14   #17
Super Moderator

Corbyn has been a total disaster as Labour leader. He's been touted as a man who sticks to his principles, yet he didn't even have the guts to stand up for what he believed in during the Referendum campaign - some principles! Now he's reshuffling his cabinet by promoting people like Emily Thornberry and Dianne Abbott - condescending, Hampstead Heath chattering class members who are EXACTLY the reason why ordinary people feel so alienated from the Labour party.
Old 27-06-2016, 08:18   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Agree he aint been great, but elected by the people simple as, many have been against him from the start including you steve, which to me is pathetic, yer sounding like a Tory to me mate. Plus it aint him that me @ many i speak to have been alienated its the likes of the gob****es that have quit.
Old 27-06-2016, 08:25   #19
Super Moderator

Elected by "the people"? What "people"? The Labour party members are NOT the electorate. The great mass of ordinary people are the ones Corbyn has to convince and he hasn't. As for being a Tory, I would imagine most Tories are praying for Corbyn to stay in charge, because that's their best hope of winning the next election!
hilleluk likes this.
Old 27-06-2016, 08:27   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Elected by "the people"? What "people"? The Labour party members are NOT the electorate. The great mass of ordinary people are the ones Corbyn has to convince and he hasn't. As for being a Tory, I would imagine most Tories are praying for Corbyn to stay in charge, because that's their best hope of winning the next election!
Yes the members of the Labour Party, of which i used to be. What people you say? thats as arrogant as it come imho Why should anyone who aint a member be allowed a vote explain that?

Last edited by cashman; 27-06-2016 at 08:30.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 08:30   #21
Super Moderator

They're not the people who are going to decide on the next government - simple as.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 27-06-2016, 08:32   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
They're not the people who are going to decide on the next government - simple as.
Well to be honest i would prefer Torys than your Labour. may not be perfect but at least labour let the supporters vote.
hilleluk likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 27-06-2016 at 08:34.
Old 27-06-2016, 08:35   #23
Super Moderator

Ok, well, you'll probably get 'em the way the Labour party's going.
Old 27-06-2016, 08:38   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yer sounding like the "Blairites" instead of accepting a democratic result and just bitching, i find that really pathetic. Its people like that, that got Corbyn elected in my view.Ordinary people were sick to the back teeth of it, you may accept it, but i never will.

Last edited by cashman; 27-06-2016 at 08:41.
Old 27-06-2016, 08:41   #25
Super Moderator

The REAL democratic result will be the result out in the country at the time of the next election.
Old 27-06-2016, 08:42   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
The REAL democratic result will be the result out in the country at the time of the next election.
it will it always is, like it or lump it thats democracy.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 27-06-2016, 08:45   #27
Super Moderator

I agree.
Old 27-06-2016, 11:00   #28
Beacon of light

people joined the labour party in droves(this always caused me some concern - yes I know Iam a cynical old baggage) so that they could vote on the leadership issue....now who is to say that these were REALLY supporters of the Labour Party and not planted to make for a leader that was considered to be unelectable at a general election....i know this sounds very 'conspiracy' like, but it IS possible.
He has divided the party and that is never a good thing.

Many people who vote Labour are not members of the Labour party.......but they are the ones who ultimately decide on who is going to be in power......so in essence Steve is right.

It is like this petition to make to government debate a second referendum....who is to say that those who are signing it are not disgruntled Remain voters(and I know that 77,000 votes have been discarded as fraudulent) who hope for a second bite at the cherry...and all those who are portrayed to be regretting voting to leave....the question could not have been clearer, so what did they think they were voting for?
Wynonie Harris and hilleluk like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 27-06-2016 at 11:06.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 11:04   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I voted against a completely corrupt organisation, i have said before,when did the auditors last sign off the E.U. accounts,? I'm amazed this important point was NEVER focused on by any of em, I wonder why?
hilleluk likes this.
Old 27-06-2016, 11:41   #30
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Many people who vote Labour are not members of the Labour party.......but they are the ones who ultimately decide on who is going to be in power......so in essence Steve is right.
Thanks, Margaret. Exactly my point!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..