Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree392Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2016, 19:19   #76

Re: Labour Party

Here is the full speech on why JC decided to back remaining in the EU. At the end he is asked why he's changed his mind after voting against the EU so many times.

Laatab is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-07-2016, 20:05   #77
Beacon of light

I am very sorry, but I cannot abide to watch this at any price.(and it is 26 minutes of my life I would never get back - at my age I can't afford to waste time on such things)
I really do have EU fatigue. The TV nearly came a cropper during a news bulletin today. If my other half had not had the presence of mind to take the doorstop from my hands he would be reading the paper now instead of watching TV......or maybe he wouldn't, my aim is not that good.

If I had watched it I would not have believed him as his support for the campaign was so very tepid.
hilleluk likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 20:17   #78
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laatab View Post
Here is the full speech on why JC decided to back remaining in the EU. At the end he is asked why he's changed his mind after voting against the EU so many times.
Rather than force us through 27 minutes of this, tell us the answer, why did he change his mind?
My life gets shorter by the day, I haven't got the time or your enthusiasm to watch it all.
hilleluk likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 20:19   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaret pilkington View Post
i am very sorry, but i cannot abide to watch this at any price.(and it is 26 minutes of my life i would never get back - at my age i can't afford to waste time on such things)
i really do have eu fatigue. The tv nearly came a cropper during a news bulletin today. If my other half had not had the presence of mind to take the doorstop from my hands he would be reading the paper now instead of watching tv......or maybe he wouldn't, my aim is not that good.

If i had watched it i would not have believed him as his support for the campaign was so very tepid.
snap!
Old 02-07-2016, 20:41   #80

Well I did say that the answer as to why he's now backing remain is right at the end!
Guinness likes this.
Old 02-07-2016, 20:51   #81

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Well I did say that the answer as to why he's now backing remain is right at the end!
And thats the point....even when people are hand fed, they still have difficulty seeing

The Jones boy has done the same on twitter today. he posted :-

'behaviour is of a broken man' and linked this....

Jeremy Corbyn held back by aides after furious confrontation with reporter who asked if he was 'running away' from Labour crisis

Obviously missed reading this bit of the article :-

The television reporter involved in the incident - Victoria Macdonald, Channel Four News’ Health and Social affairs correspondent - denied that she had been “lunged at” by the Labour leader.
Old 02-07-2016, 21:06   #82

Quote:
Didn't bother to give us the answer though did you?

I don't care if Guinness thinks I'm spoon fed, your spoon is too large, just give us the facts.
Old 02-07-2016, 21:13   #83
Beacon of light

It is all academic anyway.
The party is in bits and it need not be.
It is going to take a lot to rebuild the integrity of the Labour Party....and if I am honest I can't think of anyone capable of doing it.
Old 02-07-2016, 21:34   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

It will never be rebuilt until the snakes have been cleared out. its that simple to me.
Old 02-07-2016, 23:07   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Didn't bother to give us the answer though did you?

I don't care if Guinness thinks I'm spoon fed, your spoon is too large, just give us the facts.
I'm sorry Less, you're right, for you, my spoon is far too large!
Old 02-07-2016, 23:27   #86

Corbryn changed his mind on Europe for two reason that I know of. One is the there is a groundswell of grass-roots driven political opinion demanding democratic reforms throughout Europe and the other is our domestic politics are dominated by an ultra right wing neo-liberal political class!

That's as condensed as I can make it
Old 03-07-2016, 07:22   #87
Beacon of light

If those are his reasons then I am thankful that I did not sit through it.
The groundswell of public opinion in Europe is wasting its time. They might as well save their breath to cool their soup.
While ever they are in the EU there will be no meaningful democratic change. The people who lead the EU( and European nations by the nose) will see to that.
His second reason is just politician speak for career politicians with precious little experience of real life.
Straight from uni and then parachuted into a political career in some place they have probably previously never heard of.

That is unlike our own MP. He had a job, worked for a living, knew the area and its people....knew what made them tick.....what worried them.
He was not one of those university educated career politicos, but it has not done us much good.
He still could not represent us accurately....and worse than that....he insulted many by his comments.
Less, cashman and Laatab like this.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:38   #88
Beacon of light

Quote:
Corbryn changed his mind on Europe for two reason that I know of. One is the there is a groundswell of grass-roots driven political opinion demanding democratic reforms throughout Europe and the other is our domestic politics are dominated by an ultra right wing neo-liberal political class!

That's as condensed as I can make it
Thank you for your condensed version. I am not a great fan of YouTube.....and sometimes they won't play on my desktop......this one wouldn't.....so you see I DID try.....purely because I figured that you had taken the trouble to try and educate us.
I thought that perhaps it would help me see the Labour Party leader in a more favourable light. Even though I know that once I make an opinion on something, it is very difficult to 'turn' me( must be something to do with my Christian name)....it would have had to be a monumental shift.
Anyway now I know the gist, I am glad I didn't watch it.
Laatab likes this.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:39   #89

Ha Margaret, I'm definitely not trying to educate anyone I haven't the brains nor the inclination and I definitely empathise with you as regards how exhausting it can be following this stuff. Oh and btw I know all about people called Margaret as that's the name of my girlfriend of many years. I'm just a guy with too much time on my hands if anything.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:45   #90

Found this interesting article on the Canary this morning if anyone's interested in knowing more detail about who has orchestrated this coup against Corbryn.

The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE) | The Canary

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..