Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree392Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2016, 10:28   #91
Beacon of light

Re: Labour Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laatab View Post
Ha Margaret, I'm definitely not trying to educate anyone I haven't the brains nor the inclination and I definitely empathise with you as regards how exhausting it can be following this stuff. Oh and btw I know all about people called Margaret as that's the name of my girlfriend of many years. I'm just a guy with too much time on my hands if anything.
Maybe I used the wrong word when I said educate....maybe I should have said something like disseminate or facilitate, but when it all boils down to it,it really is passing on information and information leads to knowledge.....knowledge is education....so there we are back at square one again.
I am always ready to listen to the views and opinions of others.....and I may not always agree with what someone says, but I try to give respect to those views.

So it is with Jeremy Corbyn. I may not agree with what he says, but he has the right to say it(unless of course it is something which is illegal, racist or inflammatory).

I do not like the shenanigans within the party. It serves no purpose other than to be divisive and it gives a wrong impression to the rest of the world(who right now are watching us like Hawks to see how we will fare now the nation has decided).
Should we care about our reputation...?
Of course we should because it what we, the British people are measured by.
hilleluk and Laatab like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 03-07-2016 at 10:35.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-07-2016, 10:32   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

In my view our reputation has already been seriously damaged by the two faced scum/ snakes that have orchestrated whats going on.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:41   #93
Beacon of light

Cashy they don't really care at all.
Any ills that are suffered by the UK (financial, commercial, political)will be laid at the doors of those who voted to leave the EU.....it is never going to be the fault of the politicians of any colour(and by that I mean the colour they travel under).

All great change is never achieved without some degree of discomfort/pain.
We can only hope that when all the in fighting is over, there might be a better system in place...or a more acceptable political class....but I won't be holding my breath on that one.
Laatab likes this.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:46   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Me neither Margaret, but i would honestly rather see the party smashed to pieces, than continue with this scum that have caused this mess.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:20   #95
Beacon of light

I think that one of the main reasons why there has not been a formal challenge is that Jeremy Corbyn would(in the event of a leadership contest) be entitled to put himself on the ballot paper.
So it is not beyond reason that the grass roots could re-elect him as leader a second time.
This would cause humiliation for those MP's who have resigned from the shadow cabinet.....and those with the pack mentality.

I do not trust Tom Watson and would not put it past him to be making bullets for other labour MP's to be firing(though this is only my cynical and suspicious view.....and the only grounds I have for this suspicion is that when the brown stuff hit the fan, he distanced himself from the fallout by shaking his booty at Glastonbury - what an unedifying sight that must have been).
Old 03-07-2016, 11:30   #96

Watson is a guy who is playing both ends against the middle imo. Wouldn't trust him with a potted plant.
Laatab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:33   #97
Beacon of light

And there I was thinking it was only me who thought this way.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:34   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And there I was thinking it was only me who thought this way.
No not really, i reckon the same.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:48   #99
Beacon of light

Glad I am not on my own.
Old 03-07-2016, 13:17   #100
Senior Member+

Labour can rest easy now, the White Knights, in the form of Blair and Kinnock, are charging to the rescue of the Labour Party and are going to save the country from itself over the EU.
I think there may be something in the report that Corbyn will stay in position until the Chilcot Report is published on Wednesday and he can then call Blair a liar - in Parliament of course, therefore with impunity other than a slapped wrist from the Speaker. Another interesting week ahead.
Old 03-07-2016, 13:22   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Labour can rest easy now, the White Knights, in the form of Blair and Kinnock, are charging to the rescue of the Labour Party and are going to save the country from itself over the EU.
I think there may be something in the report that Corbyn will stay in position until the Chilcot Report is published on Wednesday and he can then call Blair a liar - in Parliament of course, therefore with impunity other than a slapped wrist from the Speaker. Another interesting week ahead.
Oh well if a war criminal and a money grabbing euro chappie can rescue Labour all must be well.
Barrie Yates, hilleluk and Laatab like this.
Old 03-07-2016, 13:40   #102
Beacon of light

Both of these men are hairy flatulent bum holes and I would not trust either of them as far as I could spit.
I can think of nothing good to say about either one of them.
I just hope that come Wednesday that grinning Tony Blair is in handcuffs and being held for war crimes....he is a despicable liar.
Rant over!
Old 03-07-2016, 14:11   #103
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
We can all sleep easier in our beds then, or can we?
Barrie Yates likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 14:58   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Our sad excuse for an M.P. says on twitter "A Poll shows the majority of Labour Voters want J.C. to go" I recall last week the polls saying Remain would win, The sooner this snake of ours is evicted from the pit the better imho. Blair is telling us now what we should be doing, I remember that piece of crap telling us Saddam had WMDs He is responsible in my mind for the snakes in the party i loved, today.
JCB and Laatab like this.

Last edited by cashman; 03-07-2016 at 15:04.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 15:04   #105
Beacon of light

Thankfully I do not do twitter..or read it either.
Ipads are too expensive to keep replacing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..