Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree392Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2016, 07:52   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Labour Party

Seems the brexit mess has brought the slugs outa the hole, Corbyn love or hate is a democratically elected leader by the grass roots membership, most of the sickly "Blairite" M.P.s have never been behind the guy, and therefore do NOT give a toss about what the voters think. after a lifetime of voting Labour, sadly I will Never again do so,in a General Election, the proof is there that the voters are being completely ignored.
Old 26-06-2016, 09:31   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Labour Party

If Jeremy Corbyn had been honest about his feelings on the EU, then I think that he would have been considered a 'principled man' but he did not stay true to his heart......he(tepidly) endorsed the remain vote...and it did not fit with his previous opinions.
I think many of the grass roots who voted this man ito the leadership role thought he was going to be something different...he was going to follow his convictions regardless of the thoughts of others and he hasn't done this.

I think he will probably have to resign in the coming days.......he has not lived up to the Labour party grass roots expectations.
Gremlin and hilleluk like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 09:43   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

That may well happen, but my point is the slugs have been anti-corbyn from the offset, and thus have completely ignored the wishes of ordinary members, whilst thing may well have changed, the fact they no longer represent the ordinary supporter, as proved to me locally in this referendum, means i have finished completely with the National Labour Party. perhaps one day if they return to doing so, i may just change my view, but not holding my breath.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 26-06-2016, 12:39   #4
Beacon of light

c'mom Cashy......they're politicians...what do you expect from them?
They are all in it for themselves...for what they can get. They are only interested in how high they can climb up the career ladder(although I think the exception might have been Jo Cox...there has to be an exception to test the rule).
Old 26-06-2016, 12:49   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
c'mom Cashy......they're politicians...what do you expect from them?
They are all in it for themselves...for what they can get. They are only interested in how high they can climb up the career ladder(although I think the exception might have been Jo Cox...there has to be an exception to test the rule).
Quite possibly she was, Ken Hargreaves also was though i never voted for him, i had great respect, but from what i experienced the referendum opinions were blatantly ignored and as far as i'm concerned thats too much to ignore.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 26-06-2016, 12:59   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

https://www.facebook.com/topic/David...93413308659The M.P. for Tottenham has called on Parliment to reject the referendum result, thats how out of touch Labour are, seems to me they have learnt to completely ignore democracy.

Last edited by cashman; 26-06-2016 at 13:09.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 13:25   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
M.P. for Tottenham has called on Parliment to reject the referendum result, thats how out of touch Labour are, seems to me they have learnt to completely ignore democracy.
It goes back quite aways with the Labour party it seems, Blair going to war illegally despite massive protest, Brown signing away our liberties via the Lisbon treaty. Mind you it's not solely a labour disease, the Tories have been just as bad at ignoring the general consensus & public wishes too.

It's more prominent with labour as the left really do enjoy rubbing peoples noses in it, whereas the centre right are just generally callous via arrogance.
Old 26-06-2016, 13:29   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Oh the torys have been as bad dave, point is i have been Labour all my life, and sadly they have destroyed this.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 26-06-2016, 14:15   #9
Beacon of light

Cashy...you are what is termed 'collateral damage' and the Labour party do not care one jot about people like you......and have not cared for quite a long time.
robert49399528 and hilleluk like this.
Old 26-06-2016, 14:20   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy...you are what is termed 'collateral damage' and the Labour party do not care one jot about people like you......and have not cared for quite a long time.
Well aware Margaret, the penny has dropped.
robert49399528 and hilleluk like this.
Old 26-06-2016, 20:24   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Seems they are resigning in droves "Good Riddance" they never agreed with the democratic decision to appoint the leader, another example of ignoring the grass roots, and if i'm not mistaken, our own M.P. never supported him either, if thats the case i think he should follow suit and sling his hook.
robert49399528 likes this.
Old 26-06-2016, 21:27   #12
God Member

The labour party is in deep trouble as we ourselves have a labour MP that the vast majority of Hyndburn does not agree with yet he still maintains we are wrong over the EU

how can we continue to vote for a man who does not have the same interest as the vast majority of his constituents especially in a position where he will be debating issues over dealing with Europe

if the labour party wants to live up to its reputation as been the party of the people then they need to start putting candidates up for election that the people can identify with especially on big issues such as Europe

our MP has been proven wrong at every turn over the EU and the people of Hyndburn's feelings over it

Like i said in another thread we need Mps that put the UK first and most of all believe in the UK and its people

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 22:07   #13
God Member

I think that politicians of both parties woke up Friday morning to face a horror they had not expected. The "British Voter" was no longer merely a phrase to be trotted out in bs speeches. The "British Voter" was "real people." Not only that, these real people actually had opinions of their own, ones which ran counter to their own. Maybe this referendum has produced a monster (for politicians anyway) ... A voter who takes the principles and practices of democracy seriously. Hey Margaret, there's hope for democracy yet, hon.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 05:55   #14
Beacon of light

Yes Eric, maybe now they might just take time to listen to the concerns of the 'little' people.....and I do not mean dwarves, I mean the people who pay them to represent their interests.
For so long now the political parties have treated the electorate like children in Victorian times...to be seen, but not heard.
Eric and hilleluk like this.
Old 27-06-2016, 08:03   #15

Z think that during the referendum campaign Corbyn was secretly a Leave supporter who could not speak his mind because he was following the party line. He came across to me as not a bit bit enthusiastic for the Remain campaign.Thats my opinion of the Labour leader
Eric likes this.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..