Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2008, 18:41   #1
Senior Member+

Ladies - new career opening for you...

Quote:
This morning, PETA dispatched a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of ice cream icon Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace the cow's milk in their products with human breast milk. PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves. PETA points out to Cohen and Greenfield that such a move on their part would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health at the same time.

"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."
PETA Media Center > Recent News Releases : The Breast Is Best! PETA Asks Ben & Jerry's to Dump Dairy and Go With Human Milk Instead

gotta love peta for that!
Old 24-09-2008, 18:45   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Ladies - new career opening for you...

Are you sure that's not Tom &Jerry
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 18:46   #3
Senior Member+

breast milk is rank!!!!

I would donate to a preemie ward but not to an icecream maker......

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 18:58   #4
God Member

I respect a lot of the work that P.E.T.A does but breast milk in Ben & Jerry`s...!!!!! thats just wrong .........it tastes awful...!!!!( and yes i`ve had a taste!!!)
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 19:00   #5
Senior Member+

anyone got name suggestions?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 24-09-2008, 19:02   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
I respect a lot of the work that P.E.T.A does but breast milk in Ben & Jerry`s...!!!!! thats just wrong .........it tastes awful...!!!!( and yes i`ve had a taste!!!)
What?? Of Breast Milk in Ben & Jerry's ice-cream?????

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 19:02   #7
God Member

`Mothers Full Fat`........`Raspberry Nipple`.......`Melon Suprise`........`Mothers Udder`................(C) Pipinfort 2008

Last edited by pipinfort; 24-09-2008 at 19:06.
Old 24-09-2008, 19:04   #8
Senior Member+

I would like to point out that it was my own milk i tasted lol.... it is really mankerific.

Old 24-09-2008, 19:04   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
What?? Of Breast Milk in Ben & Jerry's ice-cream?????
No, breast milk you numpty............ from a bottle obviously.......
Old 24-09-2008, 19:07   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
anyone got name suggestions?
Raspberry Nipple Ripple??

Old 24-09-2008, 19:09   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
No, breast milk you numpty............ from a bottle obviously.......
I KNEW THAT!!!!

Old 24-09-2008, 19:09   #12
Senior Member+

Bitty!!!!!!!

Old 24-09-2008, 19:29   #13
Passed away 25-11-09

That milk that's meant for a baby cow has been doing a good job for humans for centuries and now, all of a sudden, it's not even good enough for confectionary? They want to milk women for ice cream? Eeeeeewww!

Sometimes I wonder if the world is going madder and madder or if it's just me. When I think about it, hard enough and long enough, it's not just me. The world's gone completely bonkers.
Old 25-09-2008, 09:09   #14
Resting in Peace

I will the first time in history that men are falling over themselves to become Milk Maids gis a job
Old 25-09-2008, 15:29   #15

I think what you will find P.E.T.A. are trying to get across is the fact that cows are being artificially made pregnant so they can produce more milk for mankind. The fact the calves are then removed from their parents and slaughtered and then the cows made pregnant again is wrong. There would be an uproar if women were constantly made pregnant so they could produce milk for commercial gain.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..