Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2009, 06:50   #31
God Member

Re: Landlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I am only two blocks further away. I have the two worst families, one at the back ond one on my block.

It all feels like ordinary people don't matter.

Anyway - the list of achievements;

landlord licensing nearing starting. Spoke with MD today. On track. Will cover most terraced housing.

Visual Blight. I have personally dragged the Council from doing nothing to being effective. Todays meeting included the scummy house on Orange St. I have worked my nuts off for you to get to where we are. Rotten householders are being dealt with with a big stick. Under Labour the stick will be twice as thick and twice as long. The Tories simply do not understand but the public keep voting for softly softly do little policies.

Thirdly I will again be asking Council to scrap all Council Tax discounts to private landlords. Again the public voted for this administration which opposes what I have proposed.

With the police we are profiling the scroats backed up with action. April saw 3 more evictions/flits out of problem properties. Another one is coming.

I personally have fought to get master planning and regen in East Accrington.

I have spent 4 years setting up Neighbourhood Management with a long list of efforts. One property on Cedar has been fined over a £1000 twice and there was a bog fine on a neighbouribg Street.

I have recently done a bog piece of work on law to change from hopeless diary sheets to fixed penalty notices for noise nuisance.

I am currently trying to make the Coincil respond to boarded up properties which are illegal.

Most of this is happening in our area. I have also tidied up the gable end at the bottom.

I am working as hard as o ever have. It's the public who are to blame for shamefully and complacently allowing a Tory Council in who clearly not interested in policies that help ordinary people.
too little too late for me but good luck to you it seems certain councillors have their own agenda ,when i complained to the council it was like banging my head against a wall...hope your successful for the sake of the rest of accy..
Old 12-08-2009, 09:47   #32
God Member

Quote:
g.jones It's the public who are to blame for shamefully and complacently allowing a Tory Council in who clearly not interested in policies that help ordinary people
Why do you always have to spoil good posts with cheap shot comments? It is ridiculous to try and blame these sort of problems on which party is in power. I am sure there are many Tory councillors working hard for the residents they are elected to represent and as has been said before in local elections people tend to vote for someone they can rely on. Political allegiance doesn't come into it for a lot of people in the locals. So they are being neither shameful nor complacent when casting their vote, simply looking out for their best interests as seems to be the norm in most areas these days!!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:06   #33
Senior Member+

i must admit that although the area where i live is not the best, the street where i live in church is great, u always have the odd pain in ass driving with noisy cars but apart from that my neighbours on both sides are great, no problems at all since we moved in november last year, wich is good enough for me cuz we have bought the house so,i cant complain at all
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 15:59   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Why do you always have to spoil good posts with cheap shot comments? It is ridiculous to try and blame these sort of problems on which party is in power. I am sure there are many Tory councillors working hard for the residents they are elected to represent and as has been said before in local elections people tend to vote for someone they can rely on. Political allegiance doesn't come into it for a lot of people in the locals. So they are being neither shameful nor complacent when casting their vote, simply looking out for their best interests as seems to be the norm in most areas these days!!!!
Thats what Graham Jones does Bernie, just uses Accy Web to try and score cheap political points, never posts on anything else, He's just a malignant narcissistic whack job
Old 12-08-2009, 16:44   #35
Senior Member+

never heard of him before today lol
Old 12-08-2009, 18:18   #36
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thats what Graham Jones does Bernie, just uses Accy Web to try and score cheap political points, never posts on anything else, He's just a malignant narcissistic whack job
And Britcliffe uses the Observer, Graham is well thought of as one of the councillors for Peel ward perhaps that's why he keeps getting voted back despite being Labour.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 20:01   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
And Britcliffe uses the Observer, Graham is well thought of as one of the councillors for Peel ward perhaps that's why he keeps getting voted back despite being Labour.
and as n observation that in my view more people read the Observer than read accyweb, then i think its a bit rich calling graham jones narcisstic jaysay.
Old 12-08-2009, 21:05   #38
God Member

Quote:
And so does Britcliffe despite being Conservative..

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 21:12   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
And so does Britcliffe despite being Conservative..
not very hard to figure out, conservative council.plus ossy has been so fer many a year.
Old 12-08-2009, 21:17   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
not very hard to figure out, conservative council.plus ossy has been so fer many a year.
Does it come across as a hard question as to why this has been the situation?

Old 12-08-2009, 21:34   #41
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

IMHO I bet most private landlords vote Conservative.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 21:43   #42
God Member

Quote:
IMHO I bet most private landlords vote Conservative.
What percentage of the population are private landlords?
I bet.....and yes I am a betting man, the vote that you claim is less than 3% of the electorate.

Old 12-08-2009, 23:52   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Working together was plan a. It failed. Tories did not approve of the things I believed in. So with no plan a, it's plan b. Vote them out in order to achieve a clampdown on landlords. To me it is a simple 2 step precedure. I am not prepared to wait infinitum in the vain hope that Tories will change their views and take some action. It's not party politics but principle and pro action!
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 23:54   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No you're right. I am not a media whore. Just a grafter who won't give up.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 02:22   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Working together was plan a. It failed. Tories did not approve of the things I believed in. So with no plan a, it's plan b. Vote them out in order to achieve a clampdown on landlords. To me it is a simple 2 step precedure. I am not prepared to wait infinitum in the vain hope that Tories will change their views and take some action. It's not party politics but principle and pro action!
So by your reckoning or so it reads to me we have no Tory councillors working to stamp out the blight of absent landlords? Sorry but can't accept that as I know of at least one Tory councillor who like yourself is pro-active in the area he was appointed to in trying to sort this sort of thing out. There are probably a lot more on both sides who are aiming to sort their various wards out.
Just because you believe the leader of the council to not be pro active on this issue does not therefore follow that all are Tory councillors aren't.
To my mind (probably a new thread) area coucils might not be such a bad idea because our elected councillors of both parties just seem to be interested improving the areas they live in rather than the whole of the borough.
Of course we can discount from that theory the councillors who work tirelessly for wards in which they don't reside. Time you ALL worked together for the residents you were elected to represent IMHO.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..