Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2009, 18:37   #61
God Member

Re: Landlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well Margaret If Jones didn't come on here just to mouth off, I wouldn't need to make any comments, when he stops so will I, in the words of the Meerkat simples

Jay dont you think what you just wrote sounds a bit childish?
Old 15-08-2009, 19:57   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Sounds more than a bit childish to me!
Old 16-08-2009, 00:56   #63
God Member

Well to say that this thread was about housing and tenant conditions it really never ceases to amaze me how once again it can turn it into a political slanging match.

I feel sorry for you Bagpuss. I am a private tenant and have happily been so without complaints for many years. There are a few other houses on our road that are also privately rented and some of the tenants are absolute nightmares,
Mainly with bringing domestic arguments and fights on to the stret, but non the less still a pain and something Id rather not be witness too.

I agree that the local authoritiies need to take action no matter what area and strict rules put in place
But I do find it sad that grown men and women come on here and end up turning what could be a very good and important discussion into a political slanging match without giving any thought to the question in hand.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 09:31   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well when your dealing with children you have to stoop to their level
Old 16-08-2009, 12:19   #65
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I agree with Cherokee... Why does nearly every sensible thread on this site have to turn into a political slanging match??? This has ruined a thread which was serious and affects some of us. I know that Graham has worked his btm off, in a practical way, to try and resolve some of these problems for those of us who are suffering on a daily basis and I fail to see how turning this into a tit for tat political bunfight contributes to the quality of this thread in any way.

This is actually one of the reasons that I rarely post on here any more.... It's tedious, so stop it.....

If you want constant political threads then ask Roy for a political section where you can spit dummies to your hearts' content.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 13:13   #66
God Member

Problem is lettie that when somebody such as Councillor Jones posts about what they're doing in their neighbourhood it always ends with countless attacks on the Conservative council. A positive discussion about helping people and the borough that doesn't just come down to party political and hypocritical attacks in an attempt to get more votes would be greatly welcomed.
Old 16-08-2009, 17:46   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
I agree with Cherokee... Why does nearly every sensible thread on this site have to turn into a political slanging match??? This has ruined a thread which was serious and affects some of us. I know that Graham has worked his btm off, in a practical way, to try and resolve some of these problems for those of us who are suffering on a daily basis and I fail to see how turning this into a tit for tat political bunfight contributes to the quality of this thread in any way.

This is actually one of the reasons that I rarely post on here any more.... It's tedious, so stop it.....

If you want constant political threads then ask Roy for a political section where you can spit dummies to your hearts' content.
Jones may work his backside of in his area but when he uses this site to slag of people like Brain Walmsley who's don't more for his community than Jones will ever do for is, both before becoming a councillor or since, just because he's a Conservative, then I'm sorry he ain't getting away with it, as I've said before if He stops so will I
Old 16-08-2009, 22:45   #68
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Jones may work his backside of in his area but when he uses this site to slag of people like Brain Walmsley who's don't more for his community than Jones will ever do for is, both before becoming a councillor or since, just because he's a Conservative, then I'm sorry he ain't getting away with it, as I've said before if He stops so will I
Just stick the word Corporal in front of Jones, and that reads like an old Dad's Army Script.

We all know who you'd be, Mr. Temper-Tantrum.

I always presumed the 'W' on the helmet stood for warden, but I'm not so sure now.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 11:05   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:

It is absolutely appalling to see this as Labour v Conservative. This is residents against Landlords with those elected standing up for respective viewpoints. I just happened to be determined that's all.

The idea we should all be wearing sandles, drink loads of cups of tea and eat biscuits to discuss setting up a sub committee on the matter which will set upa working group which will need a pre-meeting to determine the committee rules and that we should all (and I'll be blunt) - be 'p*ssing in the same pot' down at the Council is not why I got elected.

Jaysay. If you want me to work with you it's easy. I will. Give me the portfolio (and the authority) for Regeneration and it will be done ASAP. It's easy, we are all working together and the job gets done. Now there's an offer you can't refuse.

Landlords sorted, power sharing sorted, the end of any more squabbling... utopia!

Last edited by g jones; 17-08-2009 at 11:08.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 11:17   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
It is absolutely appalling to see this as Labour v Conservative. This is residents against Landlords with those elected standing up for respective viewpoints. I just happened to be determined that's all.

The idea we should all be wearing sandles, drink loads of cups of tea and eat biscuits to discuss setting up a sub committee on the matter which will set up working group which will need a pre-meeting to determine the committee rules and that we should all (and I'll be blunt) - be 'p*ssing in the same pot' down at the Council is not why I got elected.

Jaysay. If you want me to work with you it's easy. I will. Give me the portfolio (and the authority) for Regeneration and it will be done ASAP. It's easy, we are all working together and the job gets done. Now there's an offer you can't refuse.
if its not a Labour verses Conservative thing then why do you keep making it so, its you that slags of Tory Councillors at every opportunity, for no valid reason, its not only you that works hard for their community ( and I have never said that you don't) the fact the PB has been reelected as St Andrews Ward councillor over the past 26 years speaks for itself, you don't get that support by sitting on your hands as you keep trying to say
Old 17-08-2009, 11:58   #71
God Member

i dont think IT IS Graham making it so Jay, i think its YOU who is making it so
Old 17-08-2009, 11:59   #72
God Member

stop arse licking PB and grow up Jay
Old 17-08-2009, 12:27   #73
God Member

Quote:
i dont think IT IS Graham making it so Jay, i think its YOU who is making it so

To be fair if you read Grahams posts in this very thread he writes out what he is doing for his residents, then goes on a rant about the Conservatives. Party political attacks for votes. He does this all the time because he literally hates Conservatives. Sadly I don't think they'll ever work together for this reason.
Old 17-08-2009, 14:04   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
To be fair if you read Grahams posts in this very thread he writes out what he is doing for his residents, then goes on a rant about the Conservatives. Party political attacks for votes. He does this all the time because he literally hates Conservatives. Sadly I don't think they'll ever work together for this reason.
now andrew graham is only playing at it........ its ME that literally HATES Conservatives.
Old 17-08-2009, 14:30   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post

at least Graham has the bollox to come on here and speak up for himself...where's PB?....i'll tell ya where he is, he's hiding behind jaysay, wouldnt surprise me if he uses Jay's account on here too

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..