Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2009, 21:29   #91
God Member

Re: Landlords

He has no reason to answer such an impudent question.
We are discussing BAD landlords in this thread and whether or not he is a landlord is irrelevant.

If he asked you how many of your ex girlfriends are still virgins I am sure you would be equally affronted

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2009, 21:36   #92
God Member

Quite simply Margaret. Graham is often making comments about all landlords and initiate legislation that affects all landlords. He is all too willing to point out about other councillors owning property (especially when he starts ranting in full council) and yet doesn't scream and shout about himself.

The councillors should be working together to deal with bad landlords, not punish all landlords.
Old 17-08-2009, 22:36   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Andrew you can have my interests anytime. They are public info. So why sh.t stir made up stories. I own one house. 69 hodder st. My sis and I are just settling probate on my grans. You can't leaveh family out of it can you?

Its never issues just personal politcs with u. I have read your thread and 9 times out of 10 you avoid the issue. Landlords. Your contribution as always is minus.

I have stated my policies clearly over and over and to me that's all that matters.

The top and bottom is you don't want to tell the public what you really think because people will get upset.

Last edited by g jones; 17-08-2009 at 22:44.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 22:41   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Quite simply Margaret. Graham is often making comments about all landlords and initiate legislation that affects all landlords. He is all too willing to point out about other councillors owning property (especially when he starts ranting in full council) and yet doesn't scream and shout about himself.

The councillors should be working together to deal with bad landlords, not punish all landlords.
I worked for hours on many policies. I'd criticise Labour Councillors but I can't because they voted for the policies. I will defend conservatives if they supported the tough policies I put forward but they didn't. They voted for landlords interests. So they chose something different. That's how it is.

Every councillor had a chance to support my proposals and work together. The majority voted them down without even listening. I will continue the campaign.

Last edited by g jones; 17-08-2009 at 22:48.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 22:49   #95
God Member

i moved out of a house because the landlord kept renting next door to fellow alcholics, pedos etc and also let the house fall into such a state it looked horrendous

3 years later the windows are still boarded up and that 1 house alone makes the street look liek a warzone

perhaps if teh counil hadnt sold off all teh council houses they woudl be able to contain teh problem of bad tennants better by putting them al in one place and letting them destroy each other rather than comunities and leave teh better areas for tennants who know how to live decently

in other countries if people cant behave like human beings they get moved into adapted shipping containers an put tolive under motorway bridges until they can prove they can live decently and not be a pain to everyone else

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 17-08-2009 at 22:51.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 22:50   #96
Senior Member+

Nice one Graham, in the words of the legendary Marilyn Monroe "those who know me better, know me better" .
Old 17-08-2009, 22:51   #97
God Member

thankyou for getting us back on thread Graham
Old 17-08-2009, 22:53   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i moved out of a house because the landlord kept renting next door to fellow alcholics, pedos etc and also let the house fall into such a state it looked horrendous

you might wanna re think that bit fella

you saying your an alcy ?
Old 17-08-2009, 22:57   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
you might wanna re think that bit fella

you saying your an alcy ?

no the landlord was an alcoholic and rented to any fellow alcholic that needed a flat.

i cant afford to be an alcoholic

probably cant spell it either yet alone be one

not allowed to put p *** head

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 17-08-2009, 22:58   #100
God Member

okkkk, now i get ya, just sounded a bit dodgy thats all
Old 17-08-2009, 23:05   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Problem is lettie that when somebody such as Councillor Jones posts about what they're doing in their neighbourhood it always ends with countless attacks on the Conservative council. A positive discussion about helping people and the borough that doesn't just come down to party political and hypocritical attacks in an attempt to get more votes would be greatly welcomed.
Quote:
To be fair if you read Grahams posts in this very thread he writes out what he is doing for his residents, then goes on a rant about the Conservatives. Party political attacks for votes. He does this all the time because he literally hates Conservatives. Sadly I don't think they'll ever work together for this reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I worked for hours on many policies. I'd criticise Labour Councillors but I can't because they voted for the policies. I will defend conservatives if they supported the tough policies I put forward but they didn't. They voted for landlords interests. So they chose something different. That's how it is.

Every councillor had a chance to support my proposals and work together. The majority voted them down without even listening. I will continue the campaign.
why should graham jones not tell us if your lot are voting fer landlords interests Andrew? you seem to have much to say about the fact he does n very little about sorting out bad landlords, which IS a major problem, concerns a lot of people, you talk a fine talk about working together, but thats utter balls if yer lot don't want to know. or are you saying councillor jones is telling porkies? lets be knowing what you really think about this issue? after all working together you suggested.
Old 17-08-2009, 23:07   #102
God Member

come on we all know its tory policy to look out for teh interests of teh richer why would they give a damn about what hell everyday joe has to put up with as long as teh landlords are happy

Old 17-08-2009, 23:41   #103
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Andrew you can have my interests anytime. They are public info. So why sh.t stir made up stories. I own one house. 69 hodder st. My sis and I are just settling probate on my grans. You can't leaveh family out of it can you?
You needn't have given in to the petulant one's demands.

As you say, your's, as well as other councillor's interests are already in the public domain.

Owning a house, and I suppose being legal co-owner of your late grandmother's house until things are finalised, which under probate can take a long time, doesn't make you Peter Rachman, at least not in my book.

The sordid depths some people will stoop to, to try and score cheap points, sickens me. Though I suppose I really should be getting used to it on here by now.

I honestly don't know who I'm going to vote for, come the next General Election. But whilst there are grubby little political activists, trying their best to spin the wool over intelligent people's eyes, there is one particular party I definitely won't be voting for.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 23:45   #104
Give, give, give member

Talking of Rachman, the only local scandal I can think of re: landlords, was the other year at the Mayor making ceremony, with banners hanging from the viaduct.

Obviously at least one unhappy tenant in the borough.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 23:50   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones
Thirdly I will again be asking Council to scrap all Council Tax discounts to private landlords.
We know you've done lots in your area. Can you please just make it clear to everyone where you feel the Conservatives are preventing you from dealing with BAD landlords rather than all landlords and over what policy issues?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..