Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2011, 04:59   #196

Re: Lap Dance Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps it was the slightly chastising post, that no one was agreeing how outrageous this proposed planning application was.

That, or the patronising, preachy, moralistic tone that was subsequently adopted, when it appeared few shared her worries.

She did have a one-sided view and did rub people up the wrong way with her riff-raff comment. However, she herself was subjected to patronising comments from all sides, which at times seemed a concerted effort to belittle her.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2011, 06:16   #197
Beacon of light

I asked Ann some pertinetn questions which were never answered. I have read them back tomyself and I don't think they could be construed as patronising....I was genuinely interested in how she felt Accrington could be improved.
No-one caan belittle you without your consent.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 07:15   #198
Beacon of light

I'm doing a Jaysay this morning......sorry for the typos
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 07:24   #199
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
She did have a one-sided view and did rub people up the wrong way with her riff-raff comment. However, she herself was subjected to patronising comments from all sides, which at times seemed a concerted effort to belittle her.
Anyone's free to share their views on this forum, within the rules.

However, if you decide to take a holier than thou stance, and use strongly worded posts to share that view, you must be prepared to take the flak, as well as accept the fact that others mightn't agree with you.

If you can't stand the heat, a bit unwise to apply for a job as a kitchen porter.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 07:30   #200
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I would suggest riff-raff don't exactly build people up. also her comment about cliques on here did'nt endear her to a few, an allegation that gets a bit boring after a few years of em from various folk.

Last edited by cashman; 20-09-2011 at 07:33.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 07:40   #201
Super Moderator

...but at least she spelt it right. Most of 'em who are taking their ball and going home call it a "click".
Old 20-09-2011, 08:16   #202
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...but at least she spelt it right. Most of 'em who are taking their ball and going home call it a "click".
Or is it spelled?

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 08:21   #203
God Member

I used the words 'low life' instead of 'riff raff'.
The only difference between my attitude and hers was that she was angry and cared that Accy was deteriotating - I don't - I think the low life need amusing just as much as the opera fans . (which I'm not one of, but each to their own)

My concern was that was that Quattros might close, since it is the only establishment in Accy that I have taken the trouble to visit in the past two years.

I felt uncomfortable at the remarks made to her and was tempted to butt in, but I was in 'hassle avoidance' mode.

Last edited by MargaretR; 20-09-2011 at 08:24.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 08:23   #204
God Member

but Marg, i'm sure Quattros actually own the upstairs in that building don't they?
Old 20-09-2011, 08:24   #205
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I'm doing a Jaysay this morning......sorry for the typos
How dare you they're patented
Old 20-09-2011, 08:27   #206
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
but Marg, i'm sure Quattros actually own the upstairs in that building don't they?
I doubt it - most town centre businesses rent on a lease arrangement.

Old 20-09-2011, 08:28   #207
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Michael, if your prepared to put your head above the parapet, then expect to get shot at, but when you make statements on the lines of, Accrington should be aiming hire than this, without actually put your own ideas forward, sorry it won't fly on here.
Old 20-09-2011, 08:30   #208
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post

No apparently not Shaz, seperate owners.
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 08:31   #209
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Michael, if your prepared to put your head above the parapet, then expect to get shot at, but when you make statements on the lines of, Accrington should be aiming hire than this, without actually put your own ideas forward, sorry it won't fly on here.
Why should any new member expect that

Old 20-09-2011, 08:34   #210
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Why should any new member expect that
Its how people read yer comments,you should know that! n whats wrong wi responding wi yer own views? some people waffle,some are straight to point, that to me is what a good forum is all about.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..