Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2003, 07:28   #1

Post Last night

A convincing 4  - 1 victory over Leigh, well done Lutel and 2003 attendance not bad for a Wednesday night, bring on Saturday - The Shrews
Old 14-08-2003, 10:28   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: Last night

I was quite suprised with the attendence.. I mean leigh didn't exactly swell it so most where from Accy.

Leigh fans after the game gave kenedy (new goalkeeper) car a good kicking in and tried to start fights with everyone from the players up to the chairman Eric.. Big melee in the car park.... Mostly handbags at 50 paces but the Leigh fans didnt do themselves or there club any favours

ADDY ON BIT -
What happened last night was rare. Usualy at Accy games there is never any trouble and last night should be considered a one off. Drunken leigh fans.
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2003, 11:17   #3

Quite agree Harry, didnt see any myself last night as disappeared quite quickly and headed for the comforts of the pub, I feel Saturday maybe worse, Shrewsbury are bringing up large numbers and have a history of having hooligans within their support. Hope not personally, but with Burnley not playing until 17.35 I expect 3000+ on Saturday
Old 14-08-2003, 11:24   #4
I am Banned

Burnley are away so it will boost the crowd.. Dunno about Shrewsbury though. They will bring a large support but I am guessing it will be friendly..
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2003, 11:26   #5

Finger crossed as we certainley do not need it
Old 14-08-2003, 18:20   #6

Well done Stanley for our first win
Now the shrews on Saturday mmmm it will be difficult but I know we can do it
Rebecca G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2003, 20:19   #7

One thing good came outta stanleys first game, a look at stanleys second keeper, he seems quite promising  

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..