Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2003, 02:11   #1
Len
God Member

Post Last orders????

How is it our kids can stay out untill 2-3am boozing,
yet us oldies (parents) are having to go home at 11oclock.
Should it not be the other way around.
Would'nt it be nice to be able to go to your local pub/club at weekends with your friends and have a good time and not have to be told to go home at 11.
I'm not saying we would stay out until 3am but may be 1oclock would be much better, most of us would have had enough by then anyway. lol
>:

Donate to Accyweb here:
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2003, 06:09   #2

Post Re: Last orders????

the only solution is to find a pub that does a lock-in.........lol 8)

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2003, 07:55   #3
Senior Member+

And i know many of them in the Accrington area LOL!
Old 25-10-2003, 13:03   #4

there are some pubs in accrington that do open till 1am but tend to be full of teeny boppers  ;D
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2003, 14:46   #5
Len
God Member

Ya there are disco pubs open until 1am, good if you like dancing. We do go round town, from time to time. I enjoy it, lots to see the way women dress these day. (I’ll say no more) is very interesting.
But often we would sooner find somewhere quieter (ish) at the end of the night
and have a sit down and a chat with friends and a couple of drinks and not have to be told to go home after 11oclock, be nice to have the choice besides that the prices of the drinks in town (especially Blackburn) is well over the top, one has to work for almost 1 hr to pay for two bits of drinks. Ok when your young living at home with your parents and your entire wage is spending money.

Anyway I’m not really a scrooge and I shall get of my soapbox, but I must say I do feel better for that.lol

Donate to Accyweb here:
Old 26-10-2003, 13:49   #6
Senior Member+

Look for pubs that do after time drinking then.There are loads in the Accrington, Clayton area.
Old 26-10-2003, 13:50   #7
Senior Member+

Failing that i would get some cans in and all go back home to have a good chat in relaxing surroundings
Old 26-10-2003, 19:29   #8

Len,you really do sound as old as those grey hairs on your head,fellow accy webbers i have known and worked with len for the past 14 years,hes changed from a every night pubber, weekend clubber he even went to them warehouse party things ,now hes transformed right before my eyes into a miserable old git,but he still wears his teeny pop caps all day everyday,as for having to work an hour for 2 bits of drinks try giving up your 40 a day smoking lol oh yea and you should see len move on work place floor when a dance tune is on the radio,so dont be fooled by his message cos hes still a teenager at heart,ps see you monday morning 8 sharp dont be late !!!!!!!! lol
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2003, 16:07   #9
Len
God Member

Hey Paul... [smiley=bootyshake.gif]. you know!!!!

He's right, I have had a life a good one at that.
Its just that we should'nt have to break the law to have a late drink.(us oldies)
Fine on bringing friends back to my home(a tip) for a few beers but I don't think it will be a pleasent experience.
Paul me got monday off see you tuesday.

Donate to Accyweb here:
Old 27-10-2003, 16:31   #10
God Member

Simple Solutions to Late Drinking Requirement:

1) Everyone under 30 gets kicked out the pub at 11.00pm, unless they happen to be nice-looking blondies. They've probably all had enough by then, anyway - so they should leave the place to the serious drinkers. Charge a nominal fee.

2) Restrict this facility to maybe 7 pubs in the town centre, which rotate 1 at a time (one night late drinking) so you'd maybe get a couple of hundred people in there.

3) No rubbish music to be played (i.e. everything from the 80's onwards)

4) Quiz on the hour, every hour - if you don't get the minimum right, you must be pis*ed so out the door you go (This sorts out the riff-raff from the rest)

5) Those standing at 6 a.m. get no charge on the following nights booze-up.

6) As far as I can see, none of this will require any change in the law.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2003, 17:14   #11
Len
God Member

Nice one..... I agree

When we have visited pub/club for a late drink (lock-in) they have been packed, so there is a market for it.
Some of these pub/clubs that do this probably need to do it because they are so quite during normal hours.
Mind you I suppose that if all pub/club's had a late
Licence these pub/club's that are quite will remain so.

Donate to Accyweb here:
Old 27-10-2003, 17:41   #12

hello len,guess who had pd today decorating lol,off tomoz seeya wednesday lol.
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2003, 12:43   #13

hate to pee you off, but last call over here is 2:00am every day mind you, you can't smoke in a pub over here! ( thats just a local thing) guess you can't have everything!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2003, 15:42   #14
God Member

You can't smoke waccy-baccy in a pub here, either, Mo - but things are about to change.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2003, 09:32   #15
Jo

Can you not even smoke tobacco in pubs over there Mo? That's like in California then. I think it's great, you can have a good night out, get drunk, have a dance and go home without stinking of smoke and having red eyes. I'd ban smoking in all public places.
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..