Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2012, 17:52   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Lazy women

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Just like bee drones, men have shorter lifespans.
When they no longer serve a purpose (procreation of species), they tend to die off (some more quickly than others).

In order to ensure that your 'worker bee' will take the trouble to prolong your life with care, you need to abandon the drone mentality and offer mutual caring.
Why
Old 19-05-2012, 17:56   #17

I don't want to give the impression it's all negative. She has just brought me a beer from the fridge without me asking her to. She is a love. She didn't pour it for me though. I coughed whilst I poured it just to let her know she had done half a job
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 17:57   #18
Senior Member+

She probably couldn't pour it correctly
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 18:17   #19

I'm not lazy, full time single mum, work 8 - 5.30 3 days a week, cooking, cleaning, washing, shopping,
D.I.Y etc, and entertaining my little dude, so I suggest give your wife a kick up the bum for bringing disgrace to women kind
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 18:34   #20

I'm 57 tomorrow, work full time and have done for over thirty years having worked part time when my children were very small, run a home and have brought up three children, I wouldn't call myself lazy, and I'm sure there are millions of women in my situation. Unfortunately for the men who think they have a built in servant as a wife/partner, things moved on in 1973 when women got equal rights. I'd love to stay at home and wait on my partner hand and foot and be a happy housewife, but the reality is unfortunately different - so gentlemen, pour your own beer, do your own ironing, help with the cleaning and children or alternatively earn enough to enable your other half to look after you - if she wants to that is, and doesn't want a life of her own!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 18:36   #21

Oh and as well as all that I got a degree, just thought I'd mention it!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 19:01   #22

So Anne would you say all women are as hard working as yourself or do you think the majority of women are indeed lazier and it's the minority such as yourself who are hard working?

Since my last post my dearest has gone to the local Indian takeaway. She forgot my naan bread bless her

Congratulations on your degree Anne. Was it in Home Economics?
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 19:03   #23
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
So Anne would you say all women are as hard working as yourself or do you think the majority of women are indeed lazier and it's the minority such as yourself who are hard working?

Since my last post my dearest has gone to the local Indian takeaway. She forgot my naan bread bless her

Congratulations on your degree Anne. Was it in Home Economics?
You need to put a bigger worm on your hook.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 19:30   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Just like bee drones, men have shorter lifespans.
When they no longer serve a purpose (procreation of species), they tend to die off (some more quickly than others).

In order to ensure that your 'worker bee' will take the trouble to prolong your life with care, you need to abandon the drone mentality and offer mutual caring.
Not a good comparison, Honey Bee Queens, can live more than two years, drones a month or two, worker bees have an avarage life span of 6 to 8 weeks.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 19:32   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Not a good comparison, Honey Bee Queens, can live more than two years, drones a month or two, worker bees have an avarage life span of 6 to 8 weeks.
Retlaw.
I was being gentle by not mentioning black widow spiders

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 19:41   #26
Senior Member+

I am unfortunate enough to have to look after my wife night and day due to her illness and maybe I am going against my gender but now I realize just how hard working she was.
Not only did she work but came home to cook, wash and clean for me, even clean my boots for work and made my breakfast as I was getting up.

I have had a crash course in using the microwave and found a quick route to a chippy, I know how to make a bed and wash up. Luckily I can afford a cleaner twice week, something we didn't have when she worked.

I am not crawling to the females on here, just stating a fact.
Old 19-05-2012, 19:43   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You need to put a bigger worm on your hook.
A bigger worm would be good I get lots of mail in my junk box from folks offering bigger worms; so, it shouldn't be all that difficult to get one.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 19:53   #28
God Member

The blue pill is the easy way out

"You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." -Morpheus
Attached Images
File Type: png Matrix.png (39.4 KB, 2 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 19:55   #29
Resting In Peace

Cool Re: Lazy women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I am unfortunate enough to have to look after my wife night and day due to her illness and maybe I am going against my gender but now I realize just how hard working she was.
Not only did she work but came home to cook, wash and clean for me, even clean my boots for work and made my breakfast as I was getting up.

I have had a crash course in using the microwave and found a quick route to a chippy, I know how to make a bed and wash up. Luckily I can afford a cleaner twice week, something we didn't have when she worked.

I am not crawling to the females on here, just stating a fact.
Well said Gremlin and congratulations on your honesty.

My partner has found much the same thing recently as he has been doing much of the things I normally do but can't at the moment due to illness. He now realises what goes on to keep things running smoothly at home. And he's doing a fulltime job as well. I'm eternally grateful to him for taking on these tasks but it doesn't stop me getting cross at him when he comes home with the wrong shopping or doesn't understand when I tell him how to cook something. Roll on the day when I can get back to normal and at least give the house a good clean - fancy looking forward to something as mundane as that!
Old 19-05-2012, 19:59   #30
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
A bigger worm would be good I get lots of mail in my junk box from folks offering bigger worms; so, it shouldn't be all that difficult to get one.

No....Noooooo! Eric...don't want a bigger one of those kind of worms......(besides, I thought they were called bed snakes.......I have a bed bat that deals with those very nicely).
I meant the kind of worm that baits hooks that anglers use........I fear Claytoner is doing a bit of hooking.......but unless he uses better bait he will have nothing worth eating for tea.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..