Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2006, 10:40   #16
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: lead item on tonights 11p.m. U S news

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
OK JB share your wisdom please.
I’ve just spotted my tiny error SPUGGIE J. I should have written, “It is a man’s number.” I missed the a out. Sorry! It's my age you know. Senile!

Try this http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/666.htm
Old 07-06-2006, 11:25   #17

Re: lead item on tonights 11p.m. U S news

There is nowhere near as much mindless violence and wilful damage in town centres in America as there is in the UK. I used to live in Southport, nice quiet town, and even drove a taxi late at night as a part time job at one time. Now, I know taxi drivers who tell me the town centre is like a battleground any time after midnight any day of the week but especially, of course, Saturday and Sunday AM.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 13:54   #18
God Member

What you say is not quite true, JW....the battles usually start around 9pm sunday to thursday and from about 7.30pm friday and saturday. Next time you're over, let us know and we'll ensure you get a ringside seat.

The surprising thing about alot of all this nonsense is the extent to which many of these incidents are actually "domestics", i.e. drunken tartlet sees boyfriend eyeing up similar intoxicated slapper and decides to whack boyfriend over head with obligatory Bacardi Breezer bottle.

That is why, in this respect, the US is far more civilised than the old mother country. No airing of dirty linen in public there...simply a case of getting the boyfriend back home & then taking the magnum .44 from out under the bed & blowing his b*llocks off. (If he's lucky).

Last edited by Tealeaf; 07-06-2006 at 13:59.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 16:48   #19
God Member

One thing I do think makes a difference is that the drinking age here in the US is 21 , How the Federal Govt. got away with this I dont know, since the legal age for voting, execution, and military service age is 18 (under 21's can drink on base), but the teenage drink/driving accident rate is a lot lower since the law went nationwide.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 21:46   #20
Always EVIL within us

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - -
Old 07-06-2006, 21:53   #21
God Member

Crikey steeljack! legal drinking age 21! next thing you know its prohibition (get the machine gun in the violin box just in case)
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..