Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2006, 06:44   #1
God Member

lead item on tonights 11p.m. U S news

ok , I know a lot of folks complain about the BBC , but believe me just be grateful for what you have , here in California the lead item on tonights 11 p.m. NBC news was " What mothers are doing to avoid giving birth on 6, june 2006....6/6/06 (6/6/6) "........... the middle east is in turmoil , starvation in africa is rampant, corruption in government etc. etc and the lead story is about a group of mothers who are planing to having induced births to avoid giving birth to a little Damion on June 6th. ........I just give up , no wonder most of the world thinks Americans are dumb
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-05-2006, 07:10   #2
God Member

Re: lead item on tonights 11p.m. U S news

Thats it the ol' USof A is now bannana's and thats official!

With the way religion is taken over there its no real suprise and as the rest
of the list could be classsed as normal then this is news. Wonder how many induced births there will be and "cut and serve?"

Could make a few bob from rubber bungs and "adapted" chastity belts.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2006, 07:18   #3
God Member

how long have you been away from britain? given the chance BBC news does give out the same sort of c**p ,, have you read the mail or the sun lately? may as well be the beano and dandy.. and we english are not dumb??
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2006, 09:08   #4
God Member

I have 6 hours of exams on the 6/6/06 .. oh noes! .. :S
Old 27-05-2006, 11:33   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
Don't even think about it Cyfr, lots of students taking their exams on this date so you can't all fail, might work in your favour, who knows ?
Best of luck.

Anyway, believe 666 is nothing to do with the Devil, something about kings/leaders being given numbers, etc.

As for the American 'mothers to be' well, absolute crackpots, putting the birth of your child at risk because of some stupid superstition !!!! Makes me angry Maybe, just as well though, 'cause if their baby is born on this day, they would always believe it to be the 'Child of the Devil' Nowt funnier than folk, is there ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2006, 12:43   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack
ok , I know a lot of folks complain about the BBC , but believe me just be grateful for what you have , here in California the lead item on tonights 11 p.m. NBC news was " What mothers are doing to avoid giving birth on 6, june 2006....6/6/06 (6/6/6) "........... the middle east is in turmoil , starvation in africa is rampant, corruption in government etc. etc and the lead story is about a group of mothers who are planing to having induced births to avoid giving birth to a little Damion on June 6th. ........I just give up , no wonder most of the world thinks Americans are dumb
the world knows they are dumb steeljack not thinks- lol saying that i have found em to be very hospitable people even in N.Y. pmsl.
Old 27-05-2006, 13:12   #7
God Member

Quote:
Take a priest as a body guard and good luck charm.

DONT FORGET THE HOLY WATER!!!!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 28-05-2006, 18:29   #8
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: lead item on tonights 11p.m. U S news

Contrary to popular belief 666 is not the Devil’s number. It is man’s number.
Old 28-05-2006, 18:44   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
Contrary to popular belief 666 is not the Devil’s number. It is man’s number.
OK JB share your wisdom please.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 28-05-2006, 19:27   #10
Give, give, give member

The Arabic number 6 apparently comes to us via the older Indian numerical system. Even so it isn't as old as the Devil, whose date of birth I'll have to let a creationist tell you.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 20:04   #11
white rabbits

Iam not sure about the 666 being bad news... but my youngest son is called Damian and i think he is a credit,,,,
Maybe its in the spelling..i,e.DAMIAN..DAMIEN.. OR DAMION.....
I think St Damien is the patron saint of leppers,
Old 06-06-2006, 19:39   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Sure myself and all the Accywebbers hope today went well for you Cyfr .. reckon worse thing was having to do this on such a beautiful day.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 19:50   #13
Super Moderator

Although a fair proportion of yanks may be dumb, the same can certainly be said of this country. Go into any city or town centre late on a weekend night and you will see plenty of them!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 06-06-2006 at 20:23.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 23:22   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=Wynonie Harris]Although a fair proportion of yanks may be dumb, the same can certainly be said of this country. Go into any city or town centre late on a weekend night and you will see plenty of them![/QUOTE agree wyn but our town centre dummys at weekend nights will like as not SNOT you there lies the differance, you can prob vouch for that yourself wyn the usa town centres seem to me to be a damn site safer- an guns are legal there.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:25   #15
Super Moderator

Mr C, one of the most enjoyable nights out I've had was a "pub" crawl round the bars of Harlem to celebrate Mrs H's birthday. Very friendly, pleasant people and no hassle whatsoever (and some great music on the jukeboxes too!). And I've had the same sort of experience in Chicago, New Orleans and San Francisco. In contrast, I wouldn't even venture into central Manchester after midnight on Friday and Saturday nights now, as I value my life!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..