Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2010, 10:45   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Leader reported for conduct breach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I think I'll start a new thread, now, what can I call it...

I know,

'Local Tory supporter admits to using fiction in defence of inadequate leader'

I wonder if the local rags will print this and give accyweb praise for revealing such underhand methods?

Don't be pedantic Less if I'd have actually used members names I'd have got my hands and face smacked by mick again
Old 13-03-2010, 10:54   #77
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I think I'll start a new thread, now, what can I call it...

I know,

'Local Tory supporter admits to using fiction in defence of inadequate leader'

I wonder if the local rags will print this and give accyweb praise for revealing such underhand methods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't be pedantic Less if I'd have actually used members names I'd have got my hands and face smacked by mick again
Now you're accusing one of accywebs own beloved leaders of using violence to control members!

Are there no depths to the level you will stoop to, to defend the indefensible?

P.S. I see there is no emphatic denial, so can I take it that you agree that our Council leader is inadequate?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 14:14   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Now you're accusing one of accywebs own beloved leaders of using violence to control members!

Are there no depths to the level you will stoop to, to defend the indefensible?

P.S. I see there is no emphatic denial, so can I take it that you agree that our Council leader is inadequate?

Could be a lot worse, could be that numpty who controls Labour
Old 13-03-2010, 14:51   #79

Quote:
Could be a lot worse, could be that numpty who controls Labour
Oh Dear, what's to do?

Well below your lowest of low comebacks that one, but still if you really believe you and Andrewb, (name rings a bell but can't quite place him), are the Political Minority on here, perhaps we should treat you with similar kid gloves we have to treat Nigg', I mean, Ethnic minorities, let you say what you want and remember the P.C. brigade don't like us contradicting you.

Or would you rather put forward your views and like E.M.'S be treated as equal?
Old 13-03-2010, 15:00   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh Dear, what's to do?

Well below your lowest of low comebacks that one, but still if you really believe you and Andrewb, (name rings a bell but can't quite place him), are the Political Minority on here, perhaps we should treat you with similar kid gloves we have to treat Nigga', I mean, Ethnic minorities, let you say what you want and remember the P.C. brigade don't like us contradicting you.

I see it as it is Less and will continue to do so in a minority of one
Old 13-03-2010, 15:42   #81

Quote:
Oh Dear, what's to do?

Well below your lowest of low comebacks that one, but still if you really believe you and Andrewb, (name rings a bell but can't quite place him), are the Political Minority on here, perhaps we should treat you with similar kid gloves we have to treat
Nigg', I mean, Ethnic minorities, let you say what you want and remember the P.C. brigade don't like us contradicting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less

Oh Dear, what's to do?

Well below your lowest of low comebacks that one, but still if you really believe you and Andrewb, (name rings a bell but can't quite place him), are the Political Minority on here, perhaps we should treat you with similar kid gloves we have to treat
Nigga', I mean, Ethnic minorities, let you say what you want and remember the P.C. brigade don't like us contradicting you.

Quote:

If we are having a spot the difference contest could you announce what the prizes are going to be before starting it.

If however you are deliberately altering quotes from me, please use a spill chucker, Nigger isn't spelt with an A anywhere in it!

Please, please, download a spell checker, they are free & it will make life easier for the rest of us.

P.S. If you run your replies through word first you can also check your Granma'.

Last edited by Less; 13-03-2010 at 15:48.
Old 13-03-2010, 15:47   #82
Give, give, give member

Quote:

If however you are deliberately altering quotes from me, please use a spill chucker, Nigger isn't spelt with an A anywhere in it!

I believe it is if you're hangin' with your Homies in da 'hood, and wearing a hoodie.

(Waiting for a hug, from a passing bloke called Dave.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 15:48   #83
Resting in Peace

Quote:

If we are having a spot the difference contest could you announce what the prizes are going to be before starting it.

Please, please, download a spell checker, they are free & it will make life easier for the rest of us.

P.S. If you run your replies through word first you can also check your Granma'.
Sorry about that Less, I have a spell check (I need one being dyslexic) and it changes things in the quotes too, I usually change them back, trust it to be one of eagle eyed Lesses post that I missed
Old 13-03-2010, 15:52   #84

Quote:
(I need one being dyslexic)
Sympathy wanted 'cos my argument is weak, Alert!
How the heck can someone that claims to be dyslectic, spell 'dyslectic'?

The Doctor that invented that term was very cruel and had a sickness about him!

Old 13-03-2010, 15:54   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I believe it is if you're hangin' with your Homies in da 'hood, and wearing a hoodie.

(Waiting for a hug, from a passing bloke called Dave.)
I'd agree with you except that I said,
Quote:
anywhere in it
Not
Quote:
anywhere innit?
Old 13-03-2010, 19:37   #86
Super Moderator

Quote:
This site is top heavy with left thinking people like yourself
Are you serious? Have you read Garinda's views on law and order, political correctness and a whole range of other subjects? They're enough to have any upstanding leftwing liberal reaching for their smelling salts. He's actually part of that large body of Accywebbers whose views come from various parts of the political spectrum, left, right and centre. In other words, he's a political maverick, part of the Accyweb Awkward Brigade.

There are some conventional leftwingers on here like Graham (who receives a fair bit of stick - I seem to recall you calling him a "numpty" earlier today) and Bernard and ClaytonEnder (who also receive a certain amount of stick, some of it from me!). However, they don't moan about it or disappear like andrewB. They just shrug it off and get on with things.

It's about time your Tory compatriots did the same!
Old 13-03-2010, 19:54   #87
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Are you serious? Have you read Garinda's views on law and order, political correctness and a whole range of other subjects? They're enough to have any upstanding leftwing liberal reaching for their smelling salts. He's actually part of that large body of Accywebbers whose views come from various parts of the political spectrum, left, right and centre. In other words, he's a political maverick, part of the Accyweb Awkward Brigade.

There are some conventional leftwingers on here like Graham (who receives a fair bit of stick - I seem to recall you calling him a "numpty" earlier today) and Bernard and ClaytonEnder (who also receive a certain amount of stick, some of it from me!). However, they don't moan about it or disappear like andrewB. They just shrug it off and get on with things.

That doesn't fit into his narrow agenda though, of wanting eveyone put firmly into their clearly little labeled boxes.

You can post bitter attacks against the government, telling Blair he should hang his head in shame, for ennobling that poor excuse of a woman, Baroness Uddin, as I did on here yesterday.

You can even praise our council, and it's Council Leader. As I have, on occasion.

All that remains unviewed, by the blinded eyes of the party faithful.

All that can be seen are any unflattering posts, made about his beloved, regarding policy and it's implementation.

Such blind devotion is quite sweet really.

A bit like that soppy mutt, sitting in an Edinburgh graveyard, for years and years, after his master's demise.

Greyfriars Jaysay.

(I think I'll start on the screen play right now.)

Old 13-03-2010, 20:02   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Greyfriars Jaysay.

(I think I'll start on the screen play right now.)

When you're looking for Members to fill your parts, could you announce it in anything goes and I'll play the part of the Tartan Tam

Old 13-03-2010, 20:05   #89
Give, give, give member

Quote:
When you're looking for Members to fill your parts, could you announce it in anything goes and I'll play the part of the Tartan Tam

I'd penned you down for 'crowd at funeral' and 'Gargolye mason number 2'.

Leave it with me, though I'm not promising.

Old 13-03-2010, 20:10   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

I didn't disappear because I got some stick. I stopped posting because it was no longer enjoyable having arguments twisted by some members for the sake of it, as they probably have nothing better to do. I don't for a second fear a proper debate, or disagreement. Simply find purposeful twisting and going off the argument to just attack words, or lines of posts, rather than content, entirely boring. I have far better things to do.

As for reporting the leader. I find the whole situation between Peter and Graham entirely counterproductive for the borough from both sides.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..