Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2003, 17:28   #1

Post Learning to Drive

Where did you learn to drive and did you make any stupid mistakes that you can laugh at now?
Nessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2003, 19:20   #2
God Member

Post Re: Learning to Drive

I learnt with a fella called Chris from clayton, think it was called Chris's school of motoring. Great guy but sadly lost his life in a boating accident a few year ago.Started learning in a vauxhall chevette then passed test in a nissan bluebird.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 21:32   #3
Senior Member+

Learnt to drive over here in Germany.Was banned for life in England.Young and foolish on a motorbike.Lucky that they made a mistake on my provisional then.They mixed up my birthday and year.Was able to do it again over here but did not get it done until i was 29
Old 05-12-2003, 09:27   #4
adi

I learnt to drive with a fella called Dave Parr from Oswaldtwistle.

He was a great instructor, though I cant remember what car i learnt in!!

My test was the best, there was flu going round at Blackburn Driving Centre so four of the assesor's where off ill.

I got an assesor from Wigan who didnt know his way round the town and just told me drive where I wanted, with him just saying left or right every now and again!!

What was even more amazing was he stopped me and this really wide road to do my turn in the road - it was the easiest manouvre ive ever done!!

;D
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 15:49   #5

I learnt with BSM I think there called, took me 3 times to pass me test! then came over here, drove for a month (no lessons) and passed first time!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 15:55   #6
adi

yeah but ive heard they let anyone drive in Canada!!!

seriously though i past second time - ive been told that if you pass first time your a worse driver than somebody who passes after three or four tests but i cant see the logic in that
adi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..