Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 23:19   #1

Post learning to drive

is there any accy posters learning to drive?
my partner is learning at the moment its a lot harder these days.

i didnt have to do a written test, and now you have to know how to change a wheel, check the oil and do this hazzard awareness.
personally before changing a wheel my partner will be using the phone!

i think it would be much more important knowing about motorways first.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2003, 00:27   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: learning to drive

My wife passed her test over a yea ago and now wont drive...

As soon as my kids turn 17 I put them through there driving lesson and test... Then when they leave colledge they have that added bit to there CV and should help them get a job...

Thing is a 17-18 yr old male hasnt much chance of owning a car.. because of the insurance...its amazngly high.. mines less than 400 quid but to put my newly passed test 18yr old son would have cost an extra one thousand quid.

Hmm my son has his duke of edinburough.. he is a 2nd dan at karate and a full driving licence to add to his cv

pity he is such a lazy git

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:36   #3
Jo

Get 'im down t'mills Harry!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 09:21   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

;D I agree that learning to drive must be so much harder now, I have learned to do certain things to the car since I passed my test in 1986 like change a wheel, topping up oil, water, tyre pressures etc. I hated driving on motorways until about 2 years ago, when my ex, who was a police driving instructor at the time started taking me on the motorway regularly, and gave me a few pointers, so I'm a lot more confident now

Insurance is sky high though for anybody who is only 18, don't know how these people can afford to drive, I know it cost my dad a fortune to put me on his insurance when I passed my test, for which I am grateful. [smiley=foryou.gif]

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 19:38   #5

your right insurance is really expensive now, my car is only a group 5 and costs me £500 a year at mo, but because some nice gent in a truck decided to hit me and drive off ive lost my ncd and next year will be near £1000! and i have a clean licence...

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..