Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2010, 14:27   #151
JFT96

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Maybe, and this is a strange idea, just maybe, the majority of people living in the UK are against the legalisation of drugs????

I have not, once said or written anything derogatory about KX but he saw fit to have a go at me. Mr D I suggest you reread all the thread.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2010, 14:32   #152
JFT96

This is not about personal attacks, but a debate about the legalisation of drugs. Just because there are those of us who have opposing reasons to KX and it seems yourself Mr D, does not mean you are right and we are wrong, or for that matter visa versa.
If you put something as explosive as this on the web for people to discuss that's what you will get. The vast majority of posts have been rational and sane, KX however has contradicted himself several times. This is just like the conspiracy theory posts on here, if you disagree with the 'evidence' you are in the wrong.....If you cannot stand the heat.....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 14:49   #153
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Yes mood swings, this is displayed in the "tone" of his entries. As to the excerpt it is the following :- About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by the Medical Review Board. I try where possible not to use Wikipedia for source information as so much is speculative.

And the charge of bullying ? You aren't specific in your accusations so I feel as though by association this is also levelled at myself. Due to the fact my comments aren't exactly agreeing with KX's points of view, he even feels this himself as he so clearly comments in I believe, post #123.

Still the main thrust of the thread is about illegal drugs in general & not specifically LSD, it is just one of the usual divergences that so often happens in these threads that we appear to be focusing on LSD.
I didnt know you could get a tone from a written post, Its all how the reader perceives it (IMO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Maybe, and this is a strange idea, just maybe, the majority of people living in the UK are against the legalisation of drugs????

I have not, once said or written anything derogatory about KX but he saw fit to have a go at me. Mr D I suggest you reread all the thread.
Why must I Re Read all the thred?

Just maybe the majority of People living in the UK are up for Decriminlisation of certain Illegal drugs????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
This is not about personal attacks, but a debate about the legalisation of drugs. Just because there are those of us who have opposing reasons to KX and it seems yourself Mr D, does not mean you are right and we are wrong, or for that matter visa versa.
If you put something as explosive as this on the web for people to discuss that's what you will get. The vast majority of posts have been rational and sane, KX however has contradicted himself several times. This is just like the conspiracy theory posts on here, if you disagree with the 'evidence' you are in the wrong.....If you cannot stand the heat.....
I dont agree with Legalisation. Re Read my posts maybe?

I just have my own opinion and write it how I think, not just to fit in. (before anyone starts Im not saying others dont do the same).

I see my Bullying Comment has a few of you worried, I didnt mention no names.

I dont see many Conspiracy Posts on here anymore where they not banned? (Advised to post on David Ike & The Likes).

Notice in some of my post the lovely use of.
Old 21-12-2010, 17:33   #154
Resting in Peace

Notice in some of my post the lovely use of
Ya I use um too but it don't stop me telling the truth
Old 22-12-2010, 22:53   #155

the trouble with making any drug available in my humble opinion is this, once you try 1 you want to try another as your bored with that one or you need one to make you normal or sane??, a bit like alcohol when your full of guiness or bitter or mild or lager. you move to the top shelf to slow down or your bored with same taste ... now these days we have a problem with far to many youngsters drinking huge amounts of high percentage alcohol.. what happens when there fed up of 4 or 5 % drinks, they move onto 40% vodka and jack daniels.. then just when you were having a nice quiet drink with the wife or having a drink with the lads, uproar and next minute your ducking classes, and then next minute your friends been glassed and more... so if drugs were legalised we would then have drugs mixed with alcohol, and what will happen then?????

Last edited by RHFOY; 22-12-2010 at 22:59.
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 22:58   #156

p.s. in my day my Dad drank mild as stones bitter changed him, these days it looks like people drink to purposely change, imho..
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 09:12   #157
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
the trouble with making any drug available in my humble opinion is this, once you try 1 you want to try another as your bored with that one or you need one to make you normal or sane??, a bit like alcohol when your full of guiness or bitter or mild or lager. you move to the top shelf to slow down or your bored with same taste ... now these days we have a problem with far to many youngsters drinking huge amounts of high percentage alcohol.. what happens when there fed up of 4 or 5 % drinks, they move onto 40% vodka and jack daniels.. then just when you were having a nice quiet drink with the wife or having a drink with the lads, uproar and next minute your ducking classes, and then next minute your friends been glassed and more... so if drugs were legalised we would then have drugs mixed with alcohol, and what will happen then?????
The difference between Drugs and Booze or as you put it moving onto something stronger is that if you start on say pot or ecstasy and you want to move to something stronger you end up on Cocaine or Heroine from where there is no road back but addiction, with strong booze you do have a chance, not every body becomes an alcoholic, in fact very few in comparison to drugs
Old 23-12-2010, 09:19   #158
Resting in Peace

Quote:
p.s. in my day my Dad drank mild as stones bitter changed him, these days it looks like people drink to purposely change, imho..
When I started out drinking my first pint was mixed since when I moved through the full gamut, bitter, mild, lager, strong beers real ale guinness Murphy's, you name it I've drunk it, but was never dependant on it and never missed work through it either, I don't drink at all these days, except a bottle of wine at weekends, I do have a case of larger in but I've probably had the odd can, I'm just not a home boozer
Old 23-12-2010, 09:31   #159
Senior Member+

Quote:
the trouble with making any drug available in my humble opinion is this, once you try 1 you want to try another as your bored with that one or you need one to make you normal or sane??
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The difference between Drugs and Booze or as you put it moving onto something stronger is that if you start on say pot or ecstasy and you want to move to something stronger you end up on Cocaine or Heroine from where there is no road back but addiction, with strong booze you do have a chance, not every body becomes an alcoholic, in fact very few in comparison to drugs
Absolute rubbish, someone who say smokes pot will not all of a sudden wish to start taking Coke or Smack.

The truth is Coke, Estacy are more likely to be taken by drinkers, bought in nightclubs & Pubs and taken when going out on the town.
Old 23-12-2010, 09:40   #160
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Absolute rubbish, someone who say smokes pot will not all of a sudden wish to start taking Coke or Smack.

The truth is Coke, Estacy are more likely to be taken by drinkers, bought in nightclubs & Pubs and taken when going out on the town.
I'm a drinker I worked in nightcluds for years, I was never tempted
Old 23-12-2010, 09:53   #161
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'm a drinker I worked in nightcluds for years, I was never tempted
How long ago was that though, was E, Coke as available as it is now.

Im talking about the situation as it is now.
Old 23-12-2010, 10:01   #162
Resting in Peace

Quote:
How long ago was that though, was E, Coke as available as it is now.

Im talking about the situation as it is now.
Still wouldn't have made a difference when it was, I had the brains enough to leave drugs of any type well alone
Old 23-12-2010, 10:15   #163
Senior Member+

Quote:
Still wouldn't have made a difference when it was, I had the brains enough to leave drugs of any type well alone
I wasnt sayin YOU would. I was refereing to the current status of play.

Dont you take strong medication.
Old 23-12-2010, 10:24   #164
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I wasnt sayin YOU would. I was refereing to the current status of play.

Dont you take strong medication.
Thats under medical supervision, which without I wouldn't be alive and actually a bit crass bringing it up
Old 23-12-2010, 11:14   #165
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thats under medical supervision, which without I wouldn't be alive and actually a bit crass bringing it up
Not at all.

You said that you dont take drugs of "ANY TYPE" when clearly you do.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..