Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2010, 11:25   #166

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I wasnt sayin YOU would. I was refereing to the current status of play.

Dont you take strong medication.
in your opinion you say it doesnt lead a pot smoker to try other drugs, well accy must be the only exception, ive seen it first hand... then you compare presciption drugs being taken when some drink?? most perscription drugs have been tested in labs- and we know the long term effects off most, and you take most perscription drugs for a completely diff- reason than you take illegal ones!!
if alcohol was brought out today it would either carry a AAA rating or be banned? due to the severe consequences of drink and SOME, users actions from the drug.... we could sit and type all day re this subject and we would never know the answer in full untill the goverment did a legal trial onit( they never would) so im just being hypothetical... in your opinion you say thats absolute rubbish, what do you base your findings on? to state your opinion?:-)
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2010, 11:38   #167

Quote:
Absolute rubbish, someone who say smokes pot will not all of a sudden wish to start taking Coke or Smack.

The truth is Coke, Estacy are more likely to be taken by drinkers, bought in nightclubs & Pubs and taken when going out on the town.
yes not all drug users become addicted i presume? just like all drinkers dont become alkys, but some do, and like with drugs it ruins families lifes for ever, you can get better from anything(virtually) but its all the suffering to others thats the problem... drunks dont burgall houses when they cant stand up, and many still get up for their work and jobs around the home... plus do you not agree that an addicted drug user would cause more serious harm to the community than drinkers, ie go out and steal from the vunerable/or charities? compared to a raging drunk who may well want to fight the world after one to many, and most of these types are controlled by local doormen, or the police as they can see it developing??? and take immd- action.?? ill except this rather than some hardened drug user roaming through my house stealing my personal and sentimental value items, and waiting for the police to call round to see and discuss the incident, it takes them hours/days as there are so many to deal with??

Last edited by RHFOY; 23-12-2010 at 11:42.
Old 23-12-2010, 11:54   #168

Quote:
Not at all.

You said that you dont take drugs of "ANY TYPE" when clearly you do.
he meant he didnt take illegal drugs and you know that and furthermore to throw a personal comment or knowledge(sometimes discussed as a secret or friend) is a disgrace i dont know jaysay i assume you may well do????
i think you should rethink and do what men do as regard you letting the WHOLE world know that one person is on perscription LEGAL drugs..

furthermore my son used to smoke a bit of weed guess what he now doesnt smoke it for the following reasons.
1, he put 3 stone on
2, he tried another drug
3, he couldnt get out of bed for his graft as the drug had serious after
effects
4, his house resembled a skip yard as he couldnt get motivated due to depression and more

he now drinks instead and guess what??? hes normal again.
Old 23-12-2010, 11:59   #169
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
in your opinion you say it doesnt lead a pot smoker to try other drugs, well accy must be the only exception, ive seen it first hand... then you compare presciption drugs being taken when some drink?? most perscription drugs have been tested in labs- and we know the long term effects off most, and you take most perscription drugs for a completely diff- reason than you take illegal ones!!
if alcohol was brought out today it would either carry a AAA rating or be banned? due to the severe consequences of drink and SOME, users actions from the drug.... we could sit and type all day re this subject and we would never know the answer in full untill the goverment did a legal trial onit( they never would) so im just being hypothetical... in your opinion you say thats absolute rubbish, what do you base your findings on? to state your opinion?:-)
Why must Accy be the only Exeption? I to have seen things first hand.

Of corse you take perscription drugs for other reasons but they can be WORSE than Illegal drugs.

I base my finding on my own personal experiances and what I have seen myself.

Also to Reinstate, I still condone Legalising drugs. I dont want the to be legalised.
Old 23-12-2010, 12:03   #170
Senior Member+

Quote:
yes not all drug users become addicted i presume? just like all drinkers dont become alkys, but some do, and like with drugs it ruins families lifes for ever, you can get better from anything(virtually) but its all the suffering to others thats the problem... drunks dont burgall houses when they cant stand up, and many still get up for their work and jobs around the home... plus do you not agree that an addicted drug user would cause more serious harm to the community than drinkers, ie go out and steal from the vunerable/or charities? compared to a raging drunk who may well want to fight the world after one to many, and most of these types are controlled by local doormen, or the police as they can see it developing??? and take immd- action.?? ill except this rather than some hardened drug user roaming through my house stealing my personal and sentimental value items, and waiting for the police to call round to see and discuss the incident, it takes them hours/days as there are so many to deal with??
Most drug users dont steal, believe it or not over 50% probably work.

This is where the problem lies, class A and Class C drugs are so different, its like larger & absynth!.

The drunks are the ones who smash the father of 3s face in, smash cars wingmirrors of, Drink Driving Ect. Drink is not all good and yet is accepted.
Old 23-12-2010, 12:09   #171
Senior Member+

Quote:
he meant he didnt take illegal drugs and you know that and furthermore to throw a personal comment or knowledge(sometimes discussed as a secret or friend) is a disgrace i dont know jaysay i assume you may well do????
i think you should rethink and do what men do as regard you letting the WHOLE world know that one person is on perscription LEGAL drugs..

furthermore my son used to smoke a bit of weed guess what he now doesnt smoke it for the following reasons.
1, he put 3 stone on
2, he tried another drug
3, he couldnt get out of bed for his graft as the drug had serious after
effects
4, his house resembled a skip yard as he couldnt get motivated due to depression and more

he now drinks instead and guess what??? hes normal again.
All info I know is from a Public Forum. He also stated it earlier in the thred.

A good friend of mine started drinking when he lost his house.

1. He is now drinking over 8 cans of strong larger a day (Minimum)
2. He has lost a lot of his old friends (Me Included)
3. He has had 3 spells in prison due to drink related incidents.
4. He has lost his partner (Also had child with)

He used to smoke weed and was Normal then.
Old 23-12-2010, 12:28   #172

Quote:
All info I know is from a Public Forum. He also stated it earlier in the thred.

A good friend of mine started drinking when he lost his house.

1. He is now drinking over 8 cans of strong larger a day (Minimum)
2. He has lost a lot of his old friends (Me Included)
3. He has had 3 spells in prison due to drink related incidents.
4. He has lost his partner (Also had child with)

He used to smoke weed and was Normal then.
so in summary best to ban all drugs untill the taker can handle it?? and mr d i think you upset mr jaysay hence his uni- question, mr jaysay worked the doors( thank god we have people like him who put his hand up so all other sensible people could be saved from any random attack on any off us)..plus 2 off my friends worked the doors and they hated it as you lose friends as you have to take action even when your mate as thumped someone or even abused the doorman friend??? now my doorman friends say these days the attacks are more vicious due to drink being taken with hard drugs!!! so examples of wrong doing all round, hence these days why most doormen/doorwomen are from out off town, yes now we have doorwomen due to alcohol and drug use amongst ladies ..

Last edited by RHFOY; 23-12-2010 at 12:31.
Old 23-12-2010, 12:44   #173

Quote:
Most drug users dont steal, believe it or not over 50% probably work.

This is where the problem lies, class A and Class C drugs are so different, its like larger & absynth!.

The drunks are the ones who smash the father of 3s face in, smash cars wingmirrors of, Drink Driving Ect. Drink is not all good and yet is accepted.
totally diff- comparisons here and not like for like imho.. metal mirror say 30 to 100 pound(wont be long before you cant snap then off, bashed face heals in time, the drink driving is a personal choice and one i accept ruins families, how do you replace all your families looms, camcorder memories, war medals, folks life savings, the fear you suffer when you go to bed, just in case they come back, and lots lots more im sure the forum folk will add to my small list?
Old 23-12-2010, 12:53   #174
Senior Member+

Quote:
so in summary best to ban all drugs untill the taker can handle it?? and mr d i think you upset mr jaysay hence his uni- question, mr jaysay worked the doors( thank god we have people like him who put his hand up so all other sensible people could be saved from any random attack on any off us)..plus 2 off my friends worked the doors and they hated it as you lose friends as you have to take action even when your mate as thumped someone or even abused the doorman friend??? now my doorman friends say these days the attacks are more vicious due to drink being taken with hard drugs!!! so examples of wrong doing all round, hence these days why most doormen/doorwomen are from out off town, yes now we have doorwomen due to alcohol and drug use amongst ladies ..
I would say a full review is in order yes.

Im sure Mr Jaysay must have had plenty worse stick when he was a doorman.

I to know friends who are doorman, X-doormen (Before SIA).

Some used to work the doors at the funnies so had the more hardcore clientel to deal with, I have heard many stories, I couldnt be a doorman.

Thing is I can walk 5 mins from Town Centre and buy Legal "Highs" that are probably far worse that the illegal ones (to the user). Yet this is allowed to carry on.

Salva Divorium, x30 strenth perfectly legal, this IMO is worse than Cannabis.

This is why I opt for Decrimanalisation for a few Illegal drugs as the Illegality is not preventing the use but if it was decrimed at least the user could check what they where taking and at least possibably reduce the risk of taking something bad.

The hardcore Drugs - laws should be toughened and more thought into reabilitation / rehab being provided. Just Prison doesnt work as its easy to get stuff in there.
Old 23-12-2010, 13:02   #175
Senior Member+

Quote:
totally diff- comparisons here and not like for like imho.. metal mirror say 30 to 100 pound(wont be long before you cant snap then off, bashed face heals in time, the drink driving is a personal choice and one i accept ruins families, how do you replace all your families looms, camcorder memories, war medals, folks life savings, the fear you suffer when you go to bed, just in case they come back, and lots lots more im sure the forum folk will add to my small list?
I was referring (an example) to strenths not cost.

Abusted face heals in time, not when you suffer brain damage due to severity of the kicking because of the Alchol (+ Poss Hard Drugs), (Then in Court "He is such a nice lad it was the drink, he has never done anything like that before")

I agree class A - Smack, Crack, Rock Ect are very, very bad and laws should be tightened, these are the type of user that will steal the most to feed a habit.

Some people steal just for money and have No interest in drugs.
Old 23-12-2010, 13:39   #176

Quote:
I was referring (an example) to strenths not cost.

Abusted face heals in time, not when you suffer brain damage due to severity of the kicking because of the Alchol (+ Poss Hard Drugs), (Then in Court "He is such a nice lad it was the drink, he has never done anything like that before")

I agree class A - Smack, Crack, Rock Ect are very, very bad and laws should be tightened, these are the type of user that will steal the most to feed a habit.

Some people steal just for money and have No interest in drugs.
i do agree on some of this as most ministers make decisions on guessing/assuming what the solution is, rather than do the proper research and making changes based on fact rather then opinion or political correctness.. but this is done on most problem areas in society
Old 23-12-2010, 16:48   #177
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Breach of Forum rules there I see.

Cant take it dont give it.
Prats like you deserve everything you get
Old 23-12-2010, 17:58   #178
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Prats like you deserve everything you get
Im the prat.
Old 25-12-2010, 19:49   #179
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Lsd can be far more damaging, if yer 1st trips a bad un could be cabbaged fer life, know one poor sod that was, can't honestly comment about extacy, whereas fags n booze in moderation do little damage, the only debate i see about legalizing, is around cannabis fer medical reasons. imho.
I have just been reading through what has been posted in last few days about me and this subject and I can't believe what has been said about me!

Let's go back to the start = this post by Cashman! The root of the problem is what Cashman stated in his response to my post. Cashman says that LSD can turn you into a cabbage 1st trip! My argument is that LSD in a reasonable dose can't turn you into a cabbage! This is the root of the argument! So please Dave in Germany don't tell me that I have been haveing "Mood swings" about this issue! It is Cashman who has been using "abusive language" and calling me a "plonker" and so on! Then Dave in Germany and Boeing guy took Cashman's side and started verbally attacking me over the issue! Because they can't stand that fact that his statement is not fact and he is not talking sense! I am not promoting LSD - what I am doing is trying to state the facts about issues: 1) LSD is not addictive. 2) Nor can it kill you.

Last edited by kestrelx; 25-12-2010 at 19:53.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 19:55   #180
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

but it can n i have have seen the proof, the fact you doubt this is why i called yeh a plonker, theres quite a few on here have known me since the 60s n are well aware i do not tell lies, i will say nowt else on this subject cos yeh aint worth the effort.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..