Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2012, 21:20   #796
Beacon of light

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

So, if it was such a pleasurable pursuit, what made you give it up?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2012, 21:30   #797
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So, if it was such a pleasurable pursuit, what made you give it up?
A few reasons, but one was that the only type available was Skunk which I found too strong...

Which is another problem caused by letting criminals run it...

http://clear-uk.org/cannabis-farms/

Quote. "In a properly regulated system, thousands of new jobs would be created on licensed cannabis farms and individuals would be able to grow their own in the privacy of their home."

Last edited by kestrelx; 24-02-2012 at 21:35.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 07:16   #798
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
A few reasons, but one was that the only type available was Skunk which I found too strong...

Which is another problem caused by letting criminals run it...

Cannabis Farms | CLEAR

Quote. "In a properly regulated system, thousands of new jobs would be created on licensed cannabis farms and individuals would be able to grow their own in the privacy of their home."
Are you insane!!
I refer you back to my post, twice made now, you seem to ignore.

Seeing if you take illegal drugs you are twice as more likely to die than from Paracetamol. I would have thought responsibility does not come into it.

I refer to my earlier post on this subject
Post 753 a few pages back

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 08:41   #799
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I did use it like 18 years ago! and some people are in and out of prison for murder in that time - so I'm sure that society has forgiven me for it, even though I was never caught for it!

CLEAR: Cannabis Law Reform
But your the idiot who keeps enhancing its use, looks like it took its toll 18 years ago
Old 25-02-2012, 08:43   #800
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Are you insane!!

Seeing if you take illegal drugs you are twice as more likely to die than from Paracetamol. I would have thought responsibility does not come into it.

Seems like the damage was done back then BG, no longer able to reason sensibly
Old 25-02-2012, 21:37   #801
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
But your the idiot who keeps enhancing its use, looks like it took its toll 18 years ago
What a load of dribble....
Old 25-02-2012, 21:38   #802

Quote:
I did use it like 18 years ago! and some people are in and out of prison for murder in that time - so I'm sure that society has forgiven me for it, even though I was never caught for it!

CLEAR: Cannabis Law Reform
I don't understand your comment, are you advocating legalisation or not and are you still using or not if you don't mind me asking? (my question seems a bit to the point) And if you have stopped using, why? I could perhaps use your input to talk to young people about the pros and cons if you are willing and not coming across as you seem to have been?
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 21:40   #803
Senior Member+

Is that DRIBBLE or DRIVEL?
Old 25-02-2012, 21:43   #804
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Are you insane!!

I don't understand what your comment means? People die from Paracetomol, period, nothing to do with illegal drugs!

I don't think it's insane to legalise cannabis and control it's distribution! Currently it is in the hands of criminal gangs and those gangs are making vast profits out of it. Surely it's better to legalise it and that would take it out of the hands of gangs.

It's not just me who thinks this but the organisation "Clear".

Recent research has shown that cannabis has powerful medicinal properties.

You believe all the bad propoganda about it!

Can you live without Tea? Coffee? Or Sugar?
Old 25-02-2012, 21:46   #805

Quote:
I don't understand what your comment means? People die from Paracetomol, period, nothing to do with illegal drugs!

I don't think it's insane to legalise cannabis and control it's distribution! Currently it is in the hands of criminal gangs and those gangs are making vast profits out of it. Surely it's better to legalise it and that would take it out of the hands of gangs.

It's not just me who thinks this but the organisation "Clear".

Recent research has shown that cannabis has powerful medicinal properties.

You believe all the bad propoganda about it!

Can you live without Tea? Coffee? Or Sugar?

This thread is going round in circles! There are lots of previous answers to this question!
Old 25-02-2012, 21:46   #806
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Is that DRIBBLE or DRIVEL?
Cut the lad some slack, he is easily confused these days, dribble is what drips off his chin as he attempts to post his drivel.

One thought I've been having lately is:-

If kestrelx has a downer about people using alcohol, why is his user name also the name of probably the worst lager in the world?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 21:47   #807
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I don't understand your comment, are you advocating legalisation or not and are you still using or not if you don't mind me asking? (my question seems a bit to the point) And if you have stopped using, why? I could perhaps use your input to talk to young people about the pros and cons if you are willing and not coming across as you seem to have been?
No I don't use it. But if it was legal I would probably grow some plants as the strength of naturally sunlight grown cannabis is very mellow. But the skunk sold which is 90% of what is sold on the streets of Britain is very strong - which is one reason I don't use it now. It is grown indoors under unnatural lights and is forced to grow faster hence the strenght is like 20% up on natural cannabis!
Old 25-02-2012, 21:55   #808

Quote:
No I don't use it. But if it was legal I would probably grow some plants as the strength of naturally sunlight grown cannabis is very mellow. But the skunk sold which is 90% of what is sold on the streets of Britain is very strong - which is one reason I don't use it now.
I'm interested to know why you stopped (none of my business of course I'm just a nosy old social worker so please don't say unless you want to!). But why would you grow plants if it was legal if you no longer use it, and if you feel so strongly why don't you grow it now for personal use? - I'm just interested...
Old 25-02-2012, 21:55   #809
Senior Member+

Quote:
This thread is going round in circles! There are lots of previous answers to this question!
Yes and you are not listening! I understand you are involved with kids who have abused drugs - I am telling you that a lot of these kids are involved in gang culture and the drugs are a part of that culture because these drugs are illegal. Legalising them would end gang involvement and it would no longer be "cool" to deal drugs as part of a gang!
Old 25-02-2012, 21:59   #810
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'm interested to know why you stopped (none of my business of course I'm just a nosy old social worker so please don't say unless you want to!). But why would you grow plants if it was legal if you no longer use it, and if you feel so strongly why don't you grow it now for personal use? - I'm just interested...
I've already explained why a few posts back - if it was legal I may grow a bit to use as a herb on my omlettes instead of smoking it. I don't have any seeds for a start...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..