Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2012, 00:08   #826
Give, give, give member

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
This thread is going round in circles! There are lots of previous answers to this question!
Try and be a little more understanding.

Some members have difficulties.

Short-term memory loss being one of their minor problems.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2012, 00:09   #827

I think kestrelx is losing the argument and should stop now.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 00:11   #828
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
See yer wrong again, Its the plot hes lost.
Old 26-02-2012, 00:12   #829
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I think he's addicted to the pain, suffering, and public humilation, that this thread affords him.

He should try and muster a little self-discipline.

Just say No.

Old 26-02-2012, 09:52   #830
Beacon of light

We know that Cannabis has some powerful qualities that mean it is of use to sufferers of the pain caused by MS and arthritis....that is why the drug Sativex(there are otherdrug company names too) was brought out - to help these people.
It does not alter the fact that it is illegal to use it unless it has been prescibed for such use.
No-one has died from using Cannabis(or that is what you tell us)...but plenty have gone on to use other illegal substance and have died from their use.....and there are those who haven't died from cannabis use, but sometimes wish they had(when in the grip of mental illness).

Illegal drugs are lumped together because they are illegal, not because they are all the same in effects.

As Anne has said this debate has gone around in circles, you are not going to be convinced that your argument is flawed....and there are many of us who are not convinced that your (or anyone else's ) argument for legalisation is anything, other than justification for your own use in the future.
My input ends here.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 10:48   #831
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Cut the lad some slack, he is easily confused these days, dribble is what drips off his chin as he attempts to post his drivel.

One thought I've been having lately is:-

If kestrelx has a downer about people using alcohol, why is his user name also the name of probably the worst lager in the world?

No probably about it Less, I once tried it too
Old 26-02-2012, 10:53   #832
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ann kestrelx never had a winnable argument in the first place, only in his own mind
Old 26-02-2012, 19:17   #833
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
The issue is here what I said in the first place is that 500 people die from Paracetomol and only 30 from Exstasy per annum in the UK - that said a lot of it is not actually Exstasy so again the figures are lower!

I think that is a rubbish argument.
How many of those who died from paracetamol overdoses used them to commit suicide?

I doubt anyone chooses ecstasy as the drug of choice for suicide.
Old 26-02-2012, 20:46   #834
JFT96

Well said Neil, however there is one thing bothering me, where did Kestralex get his numbers from?
I had a search, I could not find any real credible figgures for ecstacy deaths.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 21:13   #835
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think that is a rubbish argument.
How many of those who died from paracetamol overdoses used them to commit suicide?

I doubt anyone chooses ecstasy as the drug of choice for suicide.
Yes, but like buying paracetamol tablets, most 'good' dealers would limit the number of ecstasy pills you could purchase to sixteen.

Surely?

Old 27-02-2012, 09:37   #836
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes, but like buying paracetamol tablets, most 'good' dealers would limit the number of ecstasy pills you could purchase to sixteen.

Surely?

Ya Rindi and that idea of limiting the paracetamol which can be bought is a nonsense, the only thing it did was to increase the price of them, I use paracetamol every day as part of pain management and I don't get them on prescription either, it costs me £2 for 64 tabs, before the legislation it was 200 for £1-30p
Old 27-02-2012, 11:49   #837
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya Rindi and that idea of limiting the paracetamol which can be bought is a nonsense, the only thing it did was to increase the price of them, I use paracetamol every day as part of pain management and I don't get them on prescription either, it costs me £2 for 64 tabs, before the legislation it was 200 for £1-30p
I am surprised that you don't get pain relief on free prescription (over 60 as you are).

Several years ago I was on 8 distalgesics a day.(free)
They removed them from the prescribed list after they were used by Dr Kelly to suicide (allegedly).

They were replaced by a codiene/paracetemol combination (free)

When I got addicted to codiene and told doc I wanted paracetemol only he supplied it free without question.

I eventually stopped using that too.
Whatever I was on, I got a months supply at a time to accommodate the max daily dose.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 14:24   #838
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Based on all evidence unearthed to date, unless you count the occasional use of an over-the counter homeopathic remedy, Lewis Carroll was not a drug user.

You a recreational drug user?

Can we look forward to your posts exhibiting great flights of imagination, touched with genius?
From about 1800 to 1985 a highly powerful hallucinogenic -datura strammonium - was used in Asthma treatment medication. In special cigarettes and also as a form of tea in which the fumes were inhaled, but if taken as tea and the liquid drank would cause serious mind warping effects - I wonder if Lewis Carroll used this stuff as it was commonly available and would give serious hallucinations. In those days was viewed as a mere homeopathic remedy!!!
Hardluck Asthma: 1800-1985: Asthma Cigarettes

As far as me losing the argument is concerned; all I hear from you lot is personal attacks and not a jott of decent evidence apart from "knee jerk" reactions!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 15:04   #839
Senior Member+

Quote:
From about 1800 to 1985 a highly powerful hallucinogenic -datura strammonium - was used in Asthma treatment medication. In special cigarettes and also as a form of tea in which the fumes were inhaled, but if taken as tea and the liquid drank would cause serious mind warping effects - I wonder if Lewis Carroll used this stuff as it was commonly available and would give serious hallucinations. In those days was viewed as a mere homeopathic remedy!!! :
Good job they made it legal then.
They didn't? Come on, kestrelx, start a campaign, I'm sure you'll get lots of backers.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 15:57   #840
Give, give, give member

Quote:
From about 1800 to 1985 a highly powerful hallucinogenic -datura strammonium - was used in Asthma treatment medication. In special cigarettes and also as a form of tea in which the fumes were inhaled, but if taken as tea and the liquid drank would cause serious mind warping effects - I wonder if Lewis Carroll used this stuff as it was commonly available and would give serious hallucinations. In those days was viewed as a mere homeopathic remedy!!!
Hardluck Asthma: 1800-1985: Asthma Cigarettes

As far as me losing the argument is concerned; all I hear from you lot is personal attacks and not a jott of decent evidence apart from "knee jerk" reactions!
As you've stated on here that you took heroin recreationally, should that be made legal?

As for personal attacks.

Since no one know's you from Adam, and the only information that's known about you, are things you've chosen to have made public, any 'attacks' are carried out with the rod you've made for your own spineless back.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..