Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2012, 12:33   #871
God Member

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Why have you got "Bear Baiting" in your profile - is that another word for "winding people up on purpose!"
Possibly because it's good sport?

Ancient arts that risk being lost in the mists of time, rather like falconry.

Wonder what they put in the lttle morsels to keep it coming back for more?

Seems to be eating out of his hand...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2012, 12:58   #872
Full Member+

I lost interest after the bird flew to and fro a couple of times.

Wonder if those guys traded their pitbull in for the falcon...!!

Glad I don't live on that estate - wouldn't fancy cleaning falcon poo off my conservatory windows...!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 13:03   #873
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
I lost interest after the bird flew to and fro a couple of times.
That's the point Steve - the Kestrel doesn't get bored -it just keeps coming back for more of the same

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 03-03-2012, 13:05   #874
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
That's the point Steve - the Kestrel doesn't get bored -it just keeps coming back for more of the same
Ahh, right! I thought it was gonna get interesting and kept skipping to the end...!!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 15:04   #875
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ya mobertol the names usually tells the whole story
Old 03-03-2012, 18:34   #876
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well it can't be aimed at you, a bear has the sense to crap in the woods, you do it all over AccyWeb.
Well mate you totally ignored a perfectly sound post I made about George Orwell so you are talking crap - me thinks you need to get your incontinence nappies out!

Last edited by kestrelx; 03-03-2012 at 18:40.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 18:39   #877
Senior Member+

Quote:
Possibly because it's good sport?

Ancient arts that risk being lost in the mists of time, rather like falconry.

Wonder what they put in the lttle morsels to keep it coming back for more?

Seems to be eating out of his hand...
so you are supporting a cruel blood sport Mobertol , one in which a bear is chained up and dogs are allowed to rip it apart! Is that what you like!

Also falconry is nothing like bear baiting two totally different things! Just like all drugs are totally different things, have different purposes and different effects!
Old 03-03-2012, 18:43   #878

Quote:
Well mate you totally ignored a perfectly sound post I made about George Orwell so you are talking crap - me thinks you need to get your incontinence nappies out!
Sorry can't find it, please could you re post it?
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 18:46   #879
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Heroin in it's purest form doesn't damage the body. It's all the additives that are used to bulk it out etc that make it as harmful as it is. It might mentally cause harm - but not physically.

More people a year die from alcohol & tobacco than all other drugs combined.

So lets get this straight heroin does'nt damage the body but can mentally cause harm. I might be missing something here but the last time i looked at some kind of medical book mental harm meant the brain which in my case,don't know about you is attached to my body via my head and neck, i find it gets the best from it keeping it there, maybe yours is in a jar at the side of the bed i don't know
Old 03-03-2012, 18:51   #880
Senior Member+

If anybody from the powers that be, read this thread the pro drug lobby are doing a good job of putting a case for not legalising drugs. The posts they have put forward say everything about what sort of condition you end up in once you have used the said drugs.
Old 03-03-2012, 20:54   #881
God Member

Quote:
so you are supporting a cruel blood sport Mobertol , one in which a bear is chained up and dogs are allowed to rip it apart! Is that what you like!

Also falconry is nothing like bear baiting two totally different things! Just like all drugs are totally different things, have different purposes and different effects!

I'm sure that those who have read my post have understood that it was made with irony, with the modern interpretation of "bear baiting" in mind -ie the tormenting of a victim, with words
Times change, Heny VIII found that sport highly entertaining as did most of his subjects. His friend, Robert, Earl of Dudley, is quoted as recounting how entertaining it was to see an Ass with an Ape tied to it's back fighting...and other such encounters in the pit.
The bloodsport of bear baiting was commonplace on this Isle until 1848, until the first Parliamentary Act against animal cruelty.
I would not like to witness it personally.
Whether it is "right" or not, some people will always throw themselves at the mercy of others, verbally. Their "look out". No one forces them to do it.

Is it better to torture animals in the name of sport or consider acceptable that the new generation of human beings be subjected to drugs as a norm?

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 03-03-2012, 21:05   #882
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'm sure that those who have read my post have understood that it was made with irony, with the modern interpretation of "bear baiting" in mind -ie the tormenting of a victim, with words
Times change, Heny VIII found that sport highly entertaining as did most of his subjects. His friend, Robert, Earl of Dudley, is quoted as recounting how entertaining it was to see an Ass with an Ape tied to it's back fighting...and other such encounters in the pit.
The bloodsport of bear baiting was commonplace on this Isle until 1848, until the first Parliamentary Act against animal cruelty.
I would not like to witness it personally.
Whether it is "right" or not, some people will always throw themselves at the mercy of others, verbally. Their "look out". No one forces them to do it.

Is it better to torture animals in the name of sport or consider acceptable that the new generation of human beings be subjected to drugs as a norm?
Bull - shhhhhhhhhh! Bull baiting!

Garinda is a twite in my book! You support him if you want - and you are supporting a troll who is "up himself!" you wanna go up there as well feel free!

Tobbaco is a drug it is legal and more addictive than heroin this is a fact! Alcohol is a drug and more damaging than other drugs that are illegal. An individual should be able to take drugs it is their body and their decision! End of! Unfortunately the Government don't think so and in doing so allow criminals to sell other substances that are not what an individual may require thus putting that persons health at risk!

This argument can not be won so I put this argument to an end!

Last edited by kestrelx; 03-03-2012 at 21:14.
Old 03-03-2012, 21:23   #883
Senior Member+

Alcohol and tobbacco are indeed legal as you state , nobody has denied that, also nobody has denied that they cause there own problems. The point is if alcohol and tobbaco are legal and cause problems why should we legalise more substances which damage people and cause enough social problems when illegal, what difference would legalising drugs make to solving the economic and physical harm they cause our society?
Old 03-03-2012, 21:28   #884
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
If I have told you once, I have told you a thousand times,
This time pay attention,

I AM NOT YOUR MATE!

By the way, I didn't ignore your 'George Orwell', post, I chose not to criticise it.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 21:49   #885
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

This argument can not be won so I put this argument to an end!
Yeh mean the same way as yer comment yeh were leaving? Somehow i doubt it very much.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..