Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2010, 10:41   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I don't give a sh 1 t whether is cut with or without anything, anybody who puts these drugs in their bodies just for kicks is a sandwich short of a picnic, end of story
Alcohol is a drug, and everynight people pile into pubs and fill their body full of alcohol for kicks. So are you saying they are all "a sandwich short of a picnic?" I'm not concerned about what it says on the news as most of it is sensionalism to create a response in the people that "believe what ever they are told by the TV!"
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-12-2010, 10:46   #122
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Alcohol is a drug, and everynight people pile into pubs and fill their body full of alcohol for kicks. So are you saying they are all "a sandwich short of a picnic?" I'm not concerned about what it says on the news as most of it is sensionalism to create a response in the people that "believe what ever they are told by the TV!"
I I'm going to take notice of a self confessed class A drug taker
Old 18-12-2010, 10:49   #123
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
In what respect exactly ? Could you be more precise with your arguments ? You really aren't doing your cause any good at all from your last few entries.
This issue started when Cashman called me a plonker! That is a verbal attack because I contradicted what he said. Which was that LSD can kill you first time you take it. It is a scientific fact that LSD if it's not cut with impurities can't kill you. However it can cause mental problems and in a very few occasions someone has jumped on it. Cashman is basically saying that I am talking rubbish! He then called me a Plonker then Dave in Germany and Boeing Guy took Cashman's side and then tried to twist everything that i'd said out of context.
Old 18-12-2010, 11:06   #124
Senior Member+

Quote:
I I'm going to take notice of a self confessed class A drug taker
So how does the fact I took LSD, 30 years ago damage my ability to comment on this issue? What does that have to do with anything? Proves you know little about the subject. That your judgements are based on misunderstandings about the subject. Peace and Love folks!

Last edited by kestrelx; 18-12-2010 at 11:15.
Old 18-12-2010, 11:46   #125
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
This issue started when Cashman called me a plonker! That is a verbal attack because I contradicted what he said. Which was that LSD can kill you first time you take it. It is a scientific fact that LSD if it's not cut with impurities can't kill you. However it can cause mental problems and in a very few occasions someone has jumped on it. Cashman is basically saying that I am talking rubbish! He then called me a Plonker then Dave in Germany and Boeing Guy took Cashman's side and then tried to twist everything that i'd said out of context.
Let's break it down shall we ? What he said was :-

what a load of balls LSD has always been very dodgy, ya only need 1 bad trip n can screw yer fer life as i have witnessed, can also cause ya to think ya can fly, ending in death,

He is simply expressing a view & speaking from an experience. As to the plonker comment, that is no different from my saying you're foolish only not so subtly expressed.

then Dave in Germany (I am that Dave) and Boeing Guy took Cashman's side and then tried to twist everything that i'd said out of context.

There was no twisting, the comments are yours ! You yourself made them, I simply copied & highlighted them. To accentuate their foolishness.

It's not a matter of taking sides it's about us as individuals expressing our views/opinions about (illegal) Drugs & Drug users. Isn't that what forums are about ? An exchange of views & opinions ? Often people will be of differing opinions & that friend is a fact of life. Doesn't mean to say I or others wouldn't agree with you on a different topic, that is what makes us what we are, individuals with opinions.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 13:53   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
So how does the fact I took LSD, 30 years ago damage my ability to comment on this issue? What does that have to do with anything? Proves you know little about the subject. That your judgements are based on misunderstandings about the subject. Peace and Love folks!
The only information I need to know about any substance that is illegal, is leave well alone, its illegal for a reason
Old 18-12-2010, 14:36   #127
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Pure Ectasy and LSD can't kill you taken in a safe dose. What can kill you is drugs perporting to be these which are cut with other chemicals by criminal gangs who are trying to maximise their profits.
Quote:
You don't know what your talking about! There was not one manufacturer of this drug in the 60's so how can you know where it was made? You may know one manufacturer - for all I know that could have been someone in Accrington who was trying to be clever with his chemistry set.

Quote:
this is what ya said, which is balls, yer saying mental issues wi it can't cause death, yer also saying there was no manufacturer of it in the 60s, so as well as being a plonker yeh tell lies, unless of course yer rambling cos yer still on drugs? but dont worry i won't report ya.
Old 18-12-2010, 20:25   #128
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Being such a good hearted soul Kestrelx, i have decided to tell ya why i say yer a plonker, you were born in 1960, so in the 60s yeh were a child, completely unaware or involved in what was goin on, so to state that there was no manufacturer then unless it was some house in accy, makes a plonker to me,that is not verbal abuse, its what ya are. hope that explains it.
Old 18-12-2010, 23:50   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Proffesor Nutt is a dangerous man, partly because he voices the opinions of far too many of our P.C. freethinking elete leaders and policy makers.
Have you ever heard of a barrister saying 'M'lud,my client hadn't had a pint of Thwaites for 12 hours, he only mugged this old lady(who shouldn't have had her handbag so temptingly handy) because his addiction makes him unresponsable for his actions'?
Have you ever heard of a coroner saying 'This young person had an adverse reaction to their first cigarette, their immediate death was unfortunate'?
Alcohol ranks top as more dangerous than heroin, crack and crystal meth?? Can you imagine Accrington town centre(or any other) on a Saturday night if all the people there were high on any or all of those three drugs instead of alcohol? Can you imagine it the morning after? Or even cannabis, LSD and ecstacy?
He then says he would ban the first three(what a reasonable, sensible man) but would allow alcohol, tobacco, speed, cannabis and ecstacy to be legally available-he's not even consistant! Cannabis and LSD the least damaging? Try watching Woodstock or remember the GI's 'fragging' their own people because they were high and it seemed like a good idea!
In any sane country he would be written of as a slightly dangerous nutcase but as he says-'the Lib-Dems have always been more sensible about drugs and we know we've got a lot of Tories who've taken drugs'. So he obviously lives in hope! Heaven help us!
Yes, I smoke and I drink and I know neither is good for you but I'm still around and I haven't had to burgle anyone to get my next cigarette or pint(yet) or see a shrink. Or drop dead! Yet!
may i say that your thread is expertly put and it doesnt just suggest... it gives all off us an indepth explanation that leaves the reader in no doubt off the dangers, Articulate !!!!
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 23:53   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Let's break it down shall we ? What he said was :-

what a load of balls LSD has always been very dodgy, ya only need 1 bad trip n can screw yer fer life as i have witnessed, can also cause ya to think ya can fly, ending in death,

He is simply expressing a view & speaking from an experience. As to the plonker comment, that is no different from my saying you're foolish only not so subtly expressed.

then Dave in Germany (I am that Dave) and Boeing Guy took Cashman's side and then tried to twist everything that i'd said out of context.

There was no twisting, the comments are yours ! You yourself made them, I simply copied & highlighted them. To accentuate their foolishness.

It's not a matter of taking sides it's about us as individuals expressing our views/opinions about (illegal) Drugs & Drug users. Isn't that what forums are about ? An exchange of views & opinions ? Often people will be of differing opinions & that friend is a fact of life. Doesn't mean to say I or others wouldn't agree with you on a different topic, that is what makes us what we are, individuals with opinions.
dave this reminds me off another thread, haha, .... but again you cant argue with the facts, im into this already :-)
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 09:36   #131
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Being such a good hearted soul Kestrelx, i have decided to tell ya why i say yer a plonker, you were born in 1960, so in the 60s yeh were a child, completely unaware or involved in what was goin on, so to state that there was no manufacturer then unless it was some house in accy, makes a plonker to me,that is not verbal abuse, its what ya are. hope that explains it.
Ya have a way with words cashy
Old 20-12-2010, 22:37   #132
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
this is what ya said, which is balls, yer saying mental issues wi it can't cause death, yer also saying there was no manufacturer of it in the 60s, so as well as being a plonker yeh tell lies, unless of course yer rambling cos yer still on drugs? but dont worry i won't report ya.
Ha ha ha! I said that the chemical itself can't cause death! By this I mean if someone eats rat poison? That will kill them or it least cause them serious physical pain. What is causing the pain is the chemical of rat poison! But if someone eats LSD the chemical itself will not kill you. What might kill you is the effect of an halucination that makes you jump off a building or may cause you to have some kind of mental breakdown, by making you think awful things.

Also I did not say there was no manufacturing of LSD in the 60's - I said that there was more than one manufacture of LSD in the 60's!

You should have gone to spec savers Cashman!
Old 20-12-2010, 22:39   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ya have a way with words cashy
I never said what you are claiming, seems you've misread - misunderstood what I said Cashman!
Old 20-12-2010, 22:51   #134
Senior Member+

Just looked on Wikipedia and it backs what I say that LSD can't kill you - that you need a massive amount to physically OD on it...

Estimates for the median lethal dose (LD50) of LSD range from 200 µg/kg to more than 1 mg/kg of human body mass, though most sources report that there are no known human cases of such an overdose. Other sources note one report of a suspected fatal overdose of LSD occurring in November 1975 in Kentucky in which there were indications that ~1/3 of a gram (320 mg or 320,000 µg) had been injected intravenously. (This is a very extraordiEstimates for the median lethal dose (LD50) of LSD range from 200 µg/kg to more than 1 mg/kg of human body mass, though most sources report that there are no known human cases of such an overdose. Other sources note one report of a suspected fatal overdose of LSD occurring in November 1975 in Kentucky in which there were indications that ~1/3 of a gram (320 mg or 320,000 µg) had been injected intravenously. (This is a very extraordinary amount, equivalent to over 3,000 times the average LSD dosage of ~100 µg).[17][18] Experiments with LSD have also been done on animals; in 1962, an elephant named Tusko died shortly after being injected with 297 mg, but whether the LSD was the cause of his death is controversial (due, in part, to a plethora of other chemical substances administered simultaneously).nary amount, equivalent to over 3,000 times the average LSD dosage of ~100 µg).[17][18] Experiments with LSD have also been done on animals; in 1962, an elephant named Tusko died shortly after being injected with 297 mg, but whether the LSD was the cause of his death is controversial (due, in part, to a plethora of other chemical substances administered simultaneously).

Lysergic acid diethylamide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 21-12-2010, 08:36   #135
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Your wrong I have taken LSD and it can't physically kill you unless cut with other chemicals - like strychnine which has been used to cut LSD. It can damage your mental health and in a few cases has caused a user to commit suicide. Strength of LSD these days is very weak (if you can still get it I don't know but I've heard it's hard to get these days) but in the 60's LSD was so strong it would put you on another planet. So it can be made to varying strengths. So I am talking from experience and please don't use verbal abuse.

Quote:
You don't know what your talking about! There was not one manufacturer of this drug in the 60's so how can you know where it was made? You may know one manufacturer - for all I know that could have been someone in Accrington who was trying to be clever with his chemistry set. But LSD was made by many sources, much of it in Holland. I think you don't have a clue about it mate really. If you can't have a intelligent conversation don't waste my time!
Quote:
I never said what you are claiming, seems you've misread - misunderstood what I said Cashman!
Quote:

Also I did not say there was no manufacturing of LSD in the 60's - I said that there was more than one manufacture of LSD in the 60's!

You should have gone to spec savers Cashman!
you should learn to tell the TRUTH, have just highlighted where ya said it. or to give ya benefit of the doubt, yer not a liar, so i'll stick wi plonker.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..