Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2013, 18:37   #1336
Resting in Peace

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
#1330 - Let's say for arguments sake drugs are legalized, government would demand a heavy levy in taxes.

You are assuming this to be correct with no evidence and ignoring my caveat about appropriate supply & treatment regimes?
The NHS have enough expense treating patients without self inflicted problems, setting up a scheme you suggest would cost a fortune, money we haven't got.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2013, 18:58   #1337
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
I don't know the answer but I suspect that de-criminalising drugs (with appropriate supply & treatment regimes) could reduce the harm they cause to users and to the rest of society.

Personally I would like to have guilt-free cannabis as an option to some of the pain killers the medics dish out.
A lot of people are conditioned by the press. For example they claimed this drug that killed 5 people is Ecstacy (MDMA) it is not but called PMA nothing to do with MDMA! But the press want to brainwash people who can't be bothered doing their own research and just believe in bull fed to them.

Alcohol causes a lot of damage to idiots - who will behave like idiots regardless - but it's still legal! Yes there is a black market trade but again only idiots would buy poison with the hope of getting some cheap booze.

Thing is Dave decriminlization is probably going to occur sooner than later - sure cannabis should be available for medical purposes.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 19:07   #1338
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
I know Jay, every few months, he likes to bring this subject back up.
Why........
Because there are developments and it's possible soon at least cannabis will be legalised...

Heard about Baroness Meacher?

Baroness Meacher: Taking drugs is like having a cup of coffee, says peer who wants ecstasy sold in chemists | Mail Online

Quote:
Youngsters should be encouraged to switch from drinking alcohol to taking drugs, the head of a powerful parliamentary group said yesterday.
Baroness Meacher also compared taking banned substances to drinking coffee.

The former social worker insisted some drugs are ‘a good deal safer’ than tobacco and alcohol and said it may be a ‘very good thing’ if teenagers stopped getting drunk and took some types of legal highs instead.

Also Nick Clegg also says that the current system of drug legislation doesn't work!
Old 24-01-2013, 19:15   #1339
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Developments my arse, just another clown gobbing off fer a bit of publicity.
Old 25-01-2013, 17:54   #1340
Senior Member+

What we should have is leisure centers in which all types of (safe) drugs are on sale and there are assistants and medics etc on hand just in case anybody has a bad one - then every body can have safe fun with their drugs!
Old 25-01-2013, 18:00   #1341
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
What we should have is leisure centers in which all types of (safe) drugs are on sale and there are assistants and medics etc on hand just in case anybody has a bad one - then every body can have safe fun with their drugs!
You are joking arn't you!

I suggest those of you who want to indulge in mind altering substances, you visit a country that allows it.
Of course you could pop over to Indonesia

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 18:13   #1342
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You are joking aren't you!

I suggest those of you who want to indulge in mind altering substances, you visit a country that allows it.
the mind boggles at the total stupidity of some drug addled morons BG, as you say Indonesia would be an ideal place, can't fault that
Old 25-01-2013, 18:13   #1343
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
You are joking arn't you!

Let him know if ever you're going that way, he could hitch a lift on one of the engines, maybe then he's learn the dangers of getting too high!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 20:14   #1344
Senior Member+

Quote:
To lure all the thieving, robbing and general scummy smackheads into once place and execute them all? Sounds like fun to me
Old 25-01-2013, 22:31   #1345

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Care to define what constitutes a (safe) drug? Who will pay for these leisure centres?

What criteria is necessary to become an 'assistant'? What training will they need? Who will pay for this training? Who will regulate them? Who will insure these assistants in case of claims from people who are injured during 'bad ones'?

Where will the money come from to hire the 'medics'? Are you expecting the NHS to underwrite any issues that occur during these 'leisure periods'?
jaysay, BERNADETTE and tommiasfc like this.
Old 26-01-2013, 14:41   #1346
JFT96

Quote:
Yes I am partly joking - just see what reactions came up!
p
Isn't that trolling....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 15:13   #1347
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Isn't that trolling....
Then he goes crying when anybody has a go at him, the B.G.B
Old 26-01-2013, 22:03   #1348

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Yes I am partly joking - just see what reactions came up!
Which 'partly' was the joke, leisure centres, (safe) drugs, assistants or 'medics'?

And which was 'partly' not a joke, leisure centres, (safe) drugs, assistants or medics?
Old 27-01-2013, 09:47   #1349
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Which 'partly' was the joke, leisure centres, (safe) drugs, assistants or 'medics'?

And which was 'partly' not a joke, leisure centres, (safe) drugs, assistants or medics?
His signature:-
Quote:
Like a cat with 9 lives!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 09:50   #1350
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
His signature:-
Think his brains on borrowed time Less

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..