Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2013, 17:35   #1351
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Which 'partly' was the joke, leisure centres, (safe) drugs, assistants or 'medics'?

And which was 'partly' not a joke, leisure centres, (safe) drugs, assistants or medics?
Well "joke" perhaps is the wrong word - I dropped it in the mix because I knew it was controversial and would get some hackles up. The issue is who finances it and so on. How many people are dieing taking new designer "legal highs"? Why do people take "legal highs"? New drugs created because they are not currently illegal. What I'm saying if their were centres then there would be less deaths?

But that's if they do legalise some drugs then maybe?

Last edited by kestrelx; 30-01-2013 at 17:40.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2013, 15:54   #1352
Senior Member+

There is a place where they can go where they can still get drugs, its generally safer, get fed and get to have their own room with TV's....its called prison
Guinness, jaysay and Boeing Guy like this.
Old 01-02-2013, 18:16   #1353
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
There is a place where they can go where they can still get drugs, its generally safer, get fed and get to have their own room with TV's....its called prison
Ya seems about right that
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 18:33   #1354

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Well "joke" perhaps is the wrong word - I dropped it in the mix because I knew it was controversial and would get some hackles up. The issue is who finances it and so on. How many people are dieing taking new designer "legal highs"? Why do people take "legal highs"? New drugs created because they are not currently illegal. What I'm saying if their were centres then there would be less deaths?

But that's if they do legalise some drugs then maybe?
Which is controversial? The word 'joke' or the ill thought out paragraph you posted about leisure centres, medics and assistants.

I'm confused, because I found neither controversial, inane maybe, but definitely not controversial.

It's also a well known ploy, that when someone says something really stupid and find that they cannot back it up, they claim they were 'only joking'
jaysay likes this.
Old 01-02-2013, 18:45   #1355
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Which is controversial? The word 'joke' or the ill thought out paragraph you posted about leisure centres, medics and assistants.

I'm confused, because I found neither controversial, inane maybe, but definitely not controversial.

It's also a well known ploy, that when someone says something really stupid and find that they cannot back it up, they claim they were 'only joking'
A ploy this guy often uses Guinness
Old 02-02-2013, 16:33   #1356
Senior Member+

Quote:

No it's not that stupid I actually believe we should have the responsiblity to take drugs in a safe environment. Like we can buy a car and speed up the motorway - that's our choice. Some do buy cars and speed up the motorway - some get caught, some kill people. Ultimately there is no difference.

For example taking some magic mushrooms for the first time and walking round a zoo or some amazing gardens or a mix of both - would be an amazing experience.
Old 02-02-2013, 16:37   #1357
Senior Member+

a zoo, on shrooms, u on drugs!!!!!

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 16:40   #1358
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
a zoo, on shrooms, u on drugs!!!!!
I had some good laughs on them - drove through the lake district once in a van and it looked like "hobbit" land - why not share the good vibes!
Old 02-02-2013, 16:42   #1359
Senior Member+

just thinkin of the dangerous animals that are at a zoo, when yer trippin, not a good mix

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 17:12   #1360
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Like we can buy a car and speed up the motorway - that's our choice.
Yes, you're quite right, but it doesn't make it any less illegal does it ?
Old 02-02-2013, 18:02   #1361

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
No it's not that stupid I actually believe we should have the responsiblity to take drugs in a safe environment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx
drove through the lake district once in a van and it looked like "hobbit" land - why not share the good vibes!
So you driving a van under the influence of drugs round the lake district is your version of being responsible and in a safe environment?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:43   #1362
Resting in Peace

Quote:
So you driving a van under the influence of drugs round the lake district is your version of being responsible and in a safe environment?
I'm just wondering Guinness, when is this drug addled lunatic going to be banned from a family site or does nobody care anymore.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:03   #1363
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
drug addled lunatic
Just for prosperity. KesX said does not take drugs anymore.

I think comments he has made should be reserved for the 18+ area of the site. Self moderation is very much required on KesX' part. We have a least one young person on the site that surely doesn't need to be reading about "joys" of driving whilst under the influence of mind altering drugs -- Young Master ConClubBoy has enough danger in his life.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:06   #1364
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya seems about right that
Apparently true. I was talking to somebody once that said there is more drugs available in prisons than there is on the streets. Perhaps an over-exaggeration?
Old 03-02-2013, 13:18   #1365
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
We have a least one young person on the site that surely doesn't need to be reading about "joys" of driving whilst under the influence of mind altering drugs -- Young Master ConClubBoy has enough danger in his life.
It's been mentioned elsewhere, but the tenets of Darwinism seems to be ever more appealing.
Restless likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..