Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 12:26   #1366
Resting In Peace

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
KesX said does not take drugs anymore.
Quite right Rob, glad someone remembered.
Quote:
We have a least one young person on the site that surely doesn't need to be reading about "joys" of driving whilst under the influence of mind altering drugs -- Young Master ConClubBoy has enough danger in his life.
He probably already knows more about all this than the rest of us put together.
Old 03-02-2013, 13:55   #1367
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Quite right Rob, glad someone remembered.
He probably already knows more about all this than the rest of us put together.
What a wonderful thing to have on your CV, Well I'm very versed in all types of drugs and illegal substances, cuz I've tried um all
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 19:33   #1368
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
What a wonderful thing to have on your CV, Well I'm very versed in all types of drugs and illegal substances, cuz I've tried um all
I doubt if anyone has tried them all ... I've been at it for damn near half a century, and there are several I haven't tried.
kestrelx likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:40   #1369
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
So you driving a van under the influence of drugs round the lake district is your version of being responsible and in a safe environment?
No I never said it was being responsible - that is just me, I took the risk and got away with it!

Anyone see the Wright Stuff the other day there was a woman on it saying that Sugar is more addictive than heroin - that most of us are addicted to it and it's harder to kick than heroin or tobacco and is fatal for many people, causing diabetes and other health problems for more people than illegal drugs.

Also new on line gambling and some fruit machines are as addictive as crack cocaine! Gambling drives many to wreck and ruin and crime to feed their habit.
susie123 likes this.

Last edited by kestrelx; 08-02-2013 at 11:42.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:45   #1370
Senior Member+

Quote:
Just for prosperity. KesX said does not take drugs anymore.
Well remembered Rob. Only prescription ones!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 19:23   #1371
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

Anyone see the Wright Stuff the other day there was a woman on it saying that Sugar is more addictive than heroin - that most of us are addicted to it and it's harder to kick than heroin or tobacco and is fatal for many people, causing diabetes and other health problems for more people than illegal drugs.
Now that's scientific evidence if I ever saw it, some Woman on TV
Guinness, jaysay and DaveinGermany like this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 19:34   #1372
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Here you are then -

Sugar Can Be Addictive: Animal Studies Show Sugar Dependence

Two years ago I followed a completely sugar free diet for 6 months which specified no sucrose, glucose, fructose, and no artificial sugar substitutes.

I did it to cure myself of overgrowth of candida albicans.
The withdrawl symptoms and cravings convinced me that I was curing an addiction.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 19:36   #1373
God Member

Quote:
But it's true ... However, it doesn't have anything to do with addiction. A liking for sugar and fats is hard wired into us as a species. It gave our ancestors a survival advantage; so, like it or not (well, if you believe the random mutation, selective retention thingy) we are stuck with it. Supersize me, and give me a chocolate shake!
mobertol likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 20:16   #1374

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
No I never said it was being responsible - that is just me, I took the risk and got away with it!

Also new on line gambling and some fruit machines are as addictive as crack cocaine! Gambling drives many to wreck and ruin and crime to feed their habit.
So..we need safe places to take drugs responsibly, but if we feel like it we can be totally irresponsible and risk the lives of ourselves and others as long as we think we can get away with it because sugar and fruit machines are addictive too?
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 08-02-2013, 20:38   #1375
Senior Member+

Getting behind the wheel on acid is simply beyond irresponsible. I suppose at the time it might have made some kind of sense. Acid is like that. Well....

Back in the days... when One of my friends who(rather stupidly) put around 20-40acid tabs inside a bottle of whisky(no exaggeration I saw them all floating around and he drank most of the whisky) went out and came back hours later. When he came back, he came back with no shirt on. His hands, arms, chest and face was all bright red all over.

All we could get out of him was he had "A fight with nettles"

Later I found a piece of paper that he wrote on. I actually turned it into a song, so I still remember the words to this day.

Smell went big fish went long
We all went shopping for eggs
Tracey went boom!
Hello we are all singing
Beans went fizz ting
Lemons are cold

I don't share this story to glorify LSD but rather to amplify the futility of driving on such a drug (and if people can be a crazy as I know them to be on that....) or any kind of substance legal or otherwise(even reaching to eat a bit of sweet candy and chocolate) I don't drive. But I once went on go-karts at blackpool pleasure beach with my niece after a couple of pints and the engine set on fire. Karma warning perhaps
jaysay and Boeing Guy like this.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:18   #1376
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ya his brains definitely gone south
Old 09-02-2013, 09:21   #1377
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Getting behind the wheel on acid is simply beyond irresponsible. I suppose at the time it might have made some kind of sense. Acid is like that. Well....

Back in the days... when One of my friends who(rather stupidly) put around 20-40acid tabs inside a bottle of whisky(no exaggeration I saw them all floating around and he drank most of the whisky) went out and came back hours later. When he came back, he came back with no shirt on. His hands, arms, chest and face was all bright red all over.

All we could get out of him was he had "A fight with nettles"

Later I found a piece of paper that he wrote on. I actually turned it into a song, so I still remember the words to this day.

Smell went big fish went long
We all went shopping for eggs
Tracey went boom!
Hello we are all singing
Beans went fizz ting
Lemons are cold

I don't share this story to glorify LSD but rather to amplify the futility of driving on such a drug (and if people can be a crazy as I know them to be on that....) or any kind of substance legal or otherwise(even reaching to eat a bit of sweet candy and chocolate) I don't drive. But I once went on go-karts at blackpool pleasure beach with my niece after a couple of pints and the engine set on fire. Karma warning perhaps
I'd love to hear the tune to that song Rob
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:30   #1378
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I suspect it will be similar to Lister's om song in red dwarf.

jaysay and Boeing Guy like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:14   #1379
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I suspect it will be similar to Lister's om song in red dwarf.

which one?

Quote:
oh dear... i do remember the riff. Don't tempt me
Old 09-02-2013, 14:58   #1380
Resting in Peace

Quote:
which one?

oh dear... i do remember the riff. Don't tempt me
Go on Rob be a devil

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..