Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2013, 18:13   #1396
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Beware the spelling police Restless, they'll get you for sure...lol
hehe. Spelling Police VS the Grammar Nazis
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 09-02-2013, 20:20   #1397
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Misspelling & the use of incorrect words are all part of life's rich tapestry, Plus it don't half give you a grin.
Restless likes this.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33   #1398
Resting in Peace

Quote:
There was no need to make it personal, clever.... I ask you????

Seeing I don't watch The Wright Stuff, I prefer Jeremy Kyle, it's more intellectual I am at a loss to whom this 'woman' is, you see I have a life and as such do not have the inclination or the time to look into your pro drug ramblings on here.
So no it is not deliberate ignorance, just apathy really.

Did you not grasp, the simple fact, the majority of the posters on here don't for one second believe these mind altering substances should be legalised and you are in a minority, oh hold on your so dumb you don't realise that do you

So congratulations you ...............thing ( I would be banned instantly for my very witty and scathing reply) you are now on my ignore list, enjoy your trolling, I won't be bothered by the rubbish you post.

Have a nice life, I have no doubt you will grace me with red karma, ooooh I am so scared, or even go as far as complaining I have upset you be saying nasty words to you....... Well if your that petty, I really think you are, so be it.

Right time to enjoy the Om Song again, or should I just play Disaster Area's latest album?
One hell of a post BG, every word the truth, people clutching at straws trying to justify the use of illegal substances, especially use sugar as an example are really scraping the bottom of the barrel, probably somewhere he's been all his miserable drug addled life
Boeing Guy likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:43   #1399
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Beware the spelling police Restless, they'll get you for sure...lol
I've been fending um of for 7 years BG, trouble is most of them are just as big numpties as me on spelling
Boeing Guy and Restless like this.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:10   #1400
JFT96

And you know the humour of it all Jay, I get told I'm being offensive and accused of making personal attacks by persons unknown.
Apparently, it is okay for others to voice an opinion, but not for me.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:13   #1401
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
And you know the humour of it all Jay, I get told I'm being offensive and accused of making personal attacks by persons unknown.
Of course you're allowed an opinion, just so long as you keep it to yourself.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:31   #1402
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ya funny there are people who don't practice what they preach BG they usually call them BGBs
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:41   #1403
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya funny there are people who don't practice what they preach BG they usually call them BGBs
Cheers lads, I'll keep stum in future, for fear of upseting the |red K brigade!

Jay, i take it you mean big... ... ... not Boeing guy bashers

Back on thread, well sort of, I wonder what drugs William Shatner (Capt Kirk) took when he recorded this?

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 10-02-2013 at 10:43.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:41   #1404
Senior Member+

Beatles must of had some heavy stuff. I never had that kind of experience depicted in the video.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:45   #1405
Resting In Peace

Quote:
One hell of a post BG, every word the truth, people clutching at straws trying to justify the use of illegal substances, especially use sugar as an example are really scraping the bottom of the barrel, probably somewhere he's been all his miserable drug addled life
May I speak as a scientist for a moment, rather than as a person with any sort of axe to grind?

Any substance we put into our bodies, be it food, alcohol, pharmaceuticals, whatever, has an effect on our system in complex biochemical ways. Some as we can see are more harmful than others in their outcomes and have therefore been restricted or banned by authority. Others are seen as benign and help us to function but we do not know that there are no hidden dangers lurking in the daily fuel we take in as food and drink. And sugar is but one of these items that we consume on a regular basis.

Rather than castigating someone for pointing out that a person on a TV show mentioned that sugar can be harmful, it might be better if folks took more interest in the science behind such claims, kept a more open mind, and didn't come out with the usual kneejerk reactions.

Research on sugar has been done and is ongoing:

Sugar addiction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
kestrelx likes this.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:02   #1406
JFT96

seeing this was a thread about the Legalisation of illegal drugs, maybe it would be better if we got back to the case in point.
Here is a report the United Nations have prepared on the effects the Drugs Trade and the taking of said drugs causes to the community at large.

http://www.unodc.org/pdf/technical_s...98-01-01_1.pdf

anyway, I now know who decided I was being Personal and offensive towards Kestralx, even though he decided to attack first
Just for the record, I have no hidden agenda, no axe to grind etc, I do have an opinion, you may not like it, but please don't not for one minute think that any attack at myself, personal or otherwise will be ignored.
I will of course not stoop so low everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 10-02-2013 at 12:10. Reason: I cannot spull
Old 10-02-2013, 12:48   #1407

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
May I speak as a scientist for a moment, rather than as a person with any sort of axe to grind?

Any substance we put into our bodies, be it food, alcohol, pharmaceuticals, whatever, has an effect on our system in complex biochemical ways. Some as we can see are more harmful than others in their outcomes and have therefore been restricted or banned by authority. Others are seen as benign and help us to function but we do not know that there are no hidden dangers lurking in the daily fuel we take in as food and drink. And sugar is but one of these items that we consume on a regular basis.

Rather than castigating someone for pointing out that a person on a TV show mentioned that sugar can be harmful, it might be better if folks took more interest in the science behind such claims, kept a more open mind, and didn't come out with the usual kneejerk reactions.

Research on sugar has been done and is ongoing:

Sugar addiction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah, yeah we can all google stuff about sugar, point is that your friend openly admitted to driving around the lake district under the influence of a mind altering substance and then tried to muddy the issue by banging on about sugar and fruit machines being addicitve.

Not one single person has had a 'knee jerk' reaction or disagreed that sugar is addictive... the reactions have been to insults, trash talk, rank stupidity and irrelevant argument
Old 10-02-2013, 13:06   #1408

I once tried going cold turkey in an attempt to cure my addiction for water.
The withdrawal symptoms were horrendous, I did find that diluting it with copious amounts of alcohol made me tolerant to it's effects.
Boeing Guy and Restless like this.
Old 10-02-2013, 13:31   #1409
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I've been fending um of for 7 years BG, trouble is most of them are just as big numpties as me on spelling
Now then, lets look at your sentence & break it down into its relevant aspects ................
Old 10-02-2013, 13:42   #1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Now then, lets look at your sentence & break it down into its relevant aspects ................
Allow me a moment of a pedantic nature, it should be smilie face before dots except after rant. (though there are some that claim it isn't a true rant if you include a smilie face).
mobertol likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..