Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2013, 17:16   #1456
Resting in Peace

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Neither.

Posts like jaysays last one is more preferable. Experience and insight more than sniping comments. The latter only brings this subject to go around in circles
Its a pity really that this thread keeps being revisited time and again, one would have thought that it would have run its course, but apparently not, just wondering what mileage some body thinks is still left in this nonsense
Eric likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2013, 17:18   #1457
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its a pity really that this thread keeps being revisited time and again, one would have thought that it would have run its course, but apparently not, just wondering what mileage some body thinks is still left in this nonsense
The debate goes on but people like you wish to bury your heads in the sand! Your the nonsense - you just ignore things you don't want to hear - if you got nowt constructive to say, then say nowt!
norwich stanley and susie123 like this.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 18:03   #1458
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

And his brains don't seem to have been fried!
I'll accept your expert knowledge on that.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 18:04   #1459
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
I'll accept your expert knowledge on that.
OH HUM
Old 26-02-2013, 21:55   #1460
I am Banned

It's all in the name of the learned professor in the very first post.
kestrelx likes this.
Tesco Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 22:09   #1461
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesco Rambler View Post
It's all in the name of the learned professor in the very first post.
What is
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 07:37   #1462
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What is
I am surprised you ask. Let me put it like this. I once had a workmate who was a little eccentric (no crime in that, we all have our little oddities). One day he happened to mention where he lived: Nutter Street. There was a collective sigh in the office: 'That explains it.'
Tesco Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 19:17   #1463
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Sane words ... and all of them correct ... I think all democratic nations have reached the point where the public debate has run its course. The ones totally opposed to legalization will not change their minds; and the ones in favour are equally adamnant. And the ones who don't give a flying-you-know-what ... I'm in this group ... will go on merrily flauting or obeying unenforceable laws as they see fit. And, to be honest, I do think that governments, particularly in the US and Europe, have much more important things to occupy themselves with. And the poor sods in Central and South America will continue to suffer until the yanks, who actually control this debate, decide to do the right thing. Wasn't it Churchill who said: "You can always count on the Americans do the right thing once they've tried everything else"? Or something along those lines.
jaysay, susie123 and Stevie R like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 09:03   #1464
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sane words ... and all of them correct ... I think all democratic nations have reached the point where the public debate has run its course. The ones totally opposed to legalization will not change their minds; and the ones in favour are equally adamnant. And the ones who don't give a flying-you-know-what ... I'm in this group ... will go on merrily flauting or obeying unenforceable laws as they see fit. And, to be honest, I do think that governments, particularly in the US and Europe, have much more important things to occupy themselves with. And the poor sods in Central and South America will continue to suffer until the yanks, who actually control this debate, decide to do the right thing. Wasn't it Churchill who said: "You can always count on the Americans do the right thing once they've tried everything else"? Or something along those lines.
Ya everything boils down to the Yanks Eric, and as you agree this debate HAS run its course, no matter how many links are entered on here. this is the last time I comment on this tripe, it will end up someone posting to himself
Old 01-03-2013, 19:49   #1465
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Ring a ring of roses a racket full of posers, atissue atissue your nose drops off.
That sums up coke, do we have to go round and round for all the other false highs?
Yes, I include booze in that, isn't it time this thread and it's starter were put away?
Lets close the thread, No-one with the smallest amount of sense needs it, the rest are too stoned to read it!
jaysay likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:36   #1466
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Ring a ring of roses a racket full of posers, atissue atissue your nose drops off.
That sums up coke, do we have to go round and round for all the other false highs?
Yes, I include booze in that, isn't it time this thread and it's starter were put away?
Lets close the thread, No-one with the smallest amount of sense needs it, the rest are too stoned to read it!

Why close it? As there is always new information about the subject such as, and this was on the news few days ago - there are 9,000 alcohol related deaths every year in the UK, up 50% since 1990! That is a serious increase.

So the abuse of booze and illegal drugs and newly created illegal highs have increased at the same time (though some research says drug use has fallen) - only difference is - booze is legal and cheap.

Last edited by kestrelx; 02-03-2013 at 12:41.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 15:28   #1467
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
there are 9,000 alcohol related deaths every year in the UK, up 50% since 1990! That is a serious increase.
Alcohol related - doesn't necessarily mean the person who died had been using alcohol, making that statement somewhat ambiguous & misleading.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:34   #1468
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Alcohol related - doesn't necessarily mean the person who died had been using alcohol, making that statement somewhat ambiguous & misleading.
That's the name of his game Dave
Old 03-03-2013, 17:05   #1469
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Alcohol related.
at the spar on burnley road the bottles are a bit high up. To get a few of the lovely, lovely desperado's I have to stretch. CRASH went a bottle the last time I went for em and I managed to stop 3 others beer bottles from falling, though, I still witnessed a sad act of sacrilege and I had to drink one less bottle because of it GRRR nevemind the fact that 4 bottles almost fell on my head
Old 03-03-2013, 17:36   #1470
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
at the spar on burnley road the bottles are a bit high up. To get a few of the lovely, lovely desperado's I have to stretch. CRASH went a bottle the last time I went for em and I managed to stop 3 others beer bottles from falling, though, I still witnessed a sad act of sacrilege and I had to drink one less bottle because of it GRRR nevemind the fact that 4 bottles almost fell on my head
You were lucky.
It could have been ten green bottles!
Restless likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..