Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2003, 07:40   #1

Post Letters Page in Observer

Was that your letter which has been printed today Cazzer?, good letter and straight to the point.

Typical Observer though bottling it " The Obsever does not condone nor blah blah blah "

P.S 100 not Out
Old 19-09-2003, 08:20   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: Letter to Observer

No that's not mine, that's someone elses. I'll leave them to make comment on it as I don't want to put a name to anyone without their permission.
Mine was in another thread titled "Letter to the Observer". (Maybe youd better retitle this one so there is no confusion!)

Mine was in last week's paper. This one was in response.

Thought that was pathetic, though, about neither supporting or opposing the site. Just means the they are stupid I suppose. Warning parents about the dangers of the internet one week, and publicising this on another.

They don't seem to think they should have any sense of moral responsibility do they? :'(

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 08:54   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Post Re: Letters Page in Observer

[smiley=ello.gif]   Ok I'll hold my hand up, it was my letter this week, in response to Cazzer's. I seriously didn't think they'd print it as I'm not much of a letter writer and I've never written to a newspaper before. Also had to think of another word/phrase for pervert/paedophile as I didn't want to write that in a public domain. Even though I've just written it on here, hope I haven't offended anybody and apologise in advance. ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 08:56   #4

No offence taken here, well done for taking the initiative, hope someone takes note.

WELL DONE

Upped your rating for writing in, in the first place and for being honest
Old 19-09-2003, 09:22   #5

How many other letters objecting to their stance did they receive and not print I wonder.
Nessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 10:17   #6
Senior Member+

well done lettie, i loved the phrase behaviourally challenged that's a new one i have not heard before lets hope that your's and cazzers letters get people thinking more and something will be done about naeem's site.
Old 19-09-2003, 10:29   #7
Caz
God Member

Not much going on at the site now Janet. Hopefully it will soon disappear anyway!

The letters must have been seen either by the parents (or some one who knows them), someone from the school, or from the youth club.

Maybe someone's taking an interest at last.

The young boy seems to spend more time on this site lately, sometimes as late as 10.30.

Just wish for once the Observer would hold their hands up and admit to making an error.

What they said today was their usual cop out!  >

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 11:13   #8
Senior Member+

If you ask me the observer is now trying to distance it's self from the story now that it is creating a lot of feedback. would it have done so if it had not attracted this attention. i think not
Old 21-09-2003, 19:57   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

[quote author=Ruud link=board=general;num=1063957222;start=0#3 date=09/19/03 at 09:56:41]No offence taken here, well done for taking the initiative, hope someone takes note.

WELL DONE

Upped your rating for writing in, in the first place and for being honest[/quote]

;D Thanks Ruud, I'm touched, my family have been teasing me about the behaviourally challenged reference all weekend.  ;D :-*

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..