Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2008, 00:28   #1

Liar,Liar Card Game

I'm curious to know if there is a lancashire variation of the card game Liar, Liar. I ask because I was playing a game with my neighbours and it was played in this manner. Each person was dealt a card until the pack was dealt, then you had to declare a minimum of 2 cards or a maximum of 4 cards as legitimate. If found to be false, you had to pick up the cards that had already been played previously. Your final 2 cards had to be true or you couldn't play them and you have to declare they are your last cards. If you only had 1 card left you had to take one from the player before you. Is this a warped version, known by another name or is my neighbour telling me porkies. Answers & possible rules greatly appreciated (because this idiot likes playing games)
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2008, 06:48   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Liar,Liar Card Game

I didn't even know there was a card game called 'Liar Liar'

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 07:43   #3

I never played it with a two-card minimum, or the honesty thing at the end (although both rules make sense). Can't remember what we called it at school, though. Never played it since.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 08:27   #4
God Member

Official Rules for Liar, Liar

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 15:00   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

Have the official rules book for the majority of card games. Liar, Liar is played with dice. The version I was playing seems to be a Lancashire version. A lot of card games I come across have a regional version or a given a different name altogether. Bit confusing really.
Old 29-09-2008, 16:44   #6

Was playing it with flatmates a few nights ago... with the variation if you got caught cheating you had a shot - if you claimed someone cheated and they didn't you had a shot... oh and I've always known it as being called "Cheat"
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 20:42   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Was playing it with flatmates a few nights ago... with the variation if you got caught cheating you had a shot - if you claimed someone cheated and they didn't you had a shot... oh and I've always known it as being called "Cheat"

Cheat is another game I checked on, but it's not played that way either. Quite perplexing really.
Old 29-09-2008, 20:44   #8
God Member

We played it at school and it was called bull****.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 20:55   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
We played it at school and it was called bull****.

Well that ones certainly not in the official card games rules

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..