Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2007, 15:45   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Life’s Little Annoyances!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
What is your little annoyance?
Its annoying when I make a brew, and at the very end, find we have no sugar.

Also going to the garage for petrol, filing up finding I have no form of payment becasue I have left my cards at home, is my recent trick.
Old 02-02-2007, 21:37   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Oooh who? what? where?

Ooooo, why don't you ask other people on this thread?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:27   #33
Resting in Peace

I am really annoyed that I have just written what I thougt was a decent piece of literature on Cashman's thread re. 'scary movies' and hit some sort of key that has deleted it, and can't find it now.

Was about Edgar Allen Poe's subject of catalepsy and scratching yer nails against the silk worms arduos toil to produce the satin-lined coffin lid to gain exit .. only to fail, and be discovered at a later date with blooded hands and fearful expression on one's face.

Gotta' be around somewhere ..but where ?? grrrrrrrh.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:45   #34
God Member

we may never know Katex.. perhap it my be lost in the throws of time.. were ye.. no man ney woman can contemplate.. but soft ! what thou whisper my take.. tis in anything goes section thwot man created..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:10   #35
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Life’s Little Annoyances!

Bread!

Once upon a time bread was delivered to Asda in the bakery’s trays and these were stacked on a trolley and rolled into place. People would help themselves and were almost sure of picking a loaf that hadn’t been squeezed, although I have seen some people squeeze a loaf to see if it were fresh and then choose another one. A word to those people! The sticker on each loaf with the sell by and use by dates clearly displayed is a dead give away on how fresh the bread is.

Some time ago in its infernal wisdom Asda decided to get their shelf stockers to remove the bread from the bakery’s trays and ram the loaves onto a shelf. Thus handling each loaf and in doing so distorting its shape. Being fresh any squeeze at the loaf left it squeezed and that meant that the slices had an hourglass figure or were misshapen.

Yeh! I know! I’m a whinging old git but surely the customer is entitled to receive a loaf of bread in the same condition as it left the bakery?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:15   #36
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

What really annoys me as well is when people park out side your house when they dont even live on the street and then you have to park at the top cuz there are no god damn spaces!!! ....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..