Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2005, 20:41   #46
Beacon of light

Re: "Lifestyle living" sites?

Think I'll stick with Accyweb!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2005, 20:59   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Thanx Park...... managed to view the site......and all about the goldfish.
It cured my curiosity. Not a very interesting site, is it?
No, not very, there's nothing really "live" on there except the forum an that's dead, mind you what do you expect it's related to HBC..............

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 21:12   #48
Resident Waffler

The "live" chat with Greg Pope wasn't even live because each post was submitted through the administrator, who is apparently a man by the name of Trevor Garner.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 21:37   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
The "live" chat with Greg Pope wasn't even live because each post was submitted through the administrator, who is apparently a man by the name of Trevor Garner.
Thought he was a plumber, oh sorry no it was Gardner

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:40   #50
God Member

Greg Pope, the Member for Hyndburn, who, by his own admission, cannot work out a train timetable and appears more concerned about the rights of Goldfish than is perhaps altogether healthy ('scuse me while I bang my head against the wall) Has said of the 50 minute question and answer session " It is a bit like a chat room and it generated democratic discussions"

He actually answered seven questions during the time allowed, not 41 as the Observer reported.

He is reported to be in "Talks" with Hyndburnlite to organise the next one, as though this were something that required a feasibility study and a shedload of consultants to arrange. it strikes me that if he took the views and opinions of his constituents half a seriously as he says he does, he would be spending more time in Hyndburn than he does in Westminster, canvassing those opinions!

50 minutes "democratic discussion"! There are days when you can feel the will to live just drain away.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 11-02-2005 at 07:43.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:49   #51
God Member

And still we are no nearer figuring out what a "Lifestyle Living Site" might be, nor indeed why it, or they, might be something that we could conceivably have a use for.

Any suggestions ? ? ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..