Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2003, 05:34   #16

Post Re: Hyndburn Youth Council

I thought that asterisks instead of letters implied some sort of censoring. If wrong I apologise.

I am continuing this thread in a new topic in the Forum.
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2003, 05:39   #17

Ah well -- didn`t realise I couldn`t post there.

It`s in the Feedback section.
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2003, 06:10   #18
Caz
God Member

[quote author=Owd_Bert link=board=new;num=1069250825;start=0#17 date=11/24/03 at 07:34:26]I thought that asterisks instead of letters implied some sort of censoring. If wrong I apologise.
[/quote]

Hi Bert. There's no automatic censor on for that sort of thing.

If  a post has been edited by Roy or a moderator, it will say so in that post, and there is often a comment.
Sometimes the post is deleted altogether. But they need to be reported as Roy says.

Happyone, Bert didn't direct that comment at you personally.
You know full well, though, that bad language has been used by some people on here. either in full, or by using so few asterisks/omissions, that it is clearly obvious what is being said.

The state of the forum as a whole is being discussed, not just jam or bad language.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2003, 07:45   #19

ok cazzer but u   have never seen me swear on this forum and if u remember i  find it  wrong  to do so with  children and ladies around
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2003, 15:33   #20
God Member

Hello.......I've just realised my last post on here has been completely censored out....lovely stuff...just because I made a comment about the priorities  of the Rathaus bureaucrats!

Lovely stuff.....I'm starting to enjoy this....move over D H Lawrence....Boris Pasternak...Alexander Solzinitzin...Tealleafs about to join you in the all-time censored club.

Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 14:02   #21
Jo

OK, I've just read through all these posts and will due my duty and report Owd Bert, Cazzer and Guniess for posting ouit of thread.
how come it's OK for some and not for others?
If all you need to do is apologize to the person that started the thread then problem solved.
So, all you jammers, before mentioning the word jam in any section other than anything oes, please apologize first to whoever's thread it is. Apparently these are the new rules set by the Accy Web Wingers.
;D
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 14:10   #22
God Member

Looks like I got confused....the comment was on another site (the bit about the broken link..)....Oh Dear!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 23:08   #23
Roy
Administrator

Post Re: Link removed from Hyndburn BC website.

due to another thread on this subject this topic is now closed - to continue, please go to this thread http://www.accringtonweb.com/cgi-bin...num=1069660672
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..