Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2009, 17:22   #136
God Member

Re: Living off the fat of the land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
why on earth should garinda publish accounts n expenses? i think the answer lies in the fact you doubt what he says? i happen to know different, so call me a liar as well if ya wish.
As has been said on Accyweb before 'Show me the link'.
How can I possibly doubt what the chosen one say's?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2009, 17:34   #137
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I don't remember you attaching any documetary evidence when you started your thread about Mrs. Royboy's bounced cheque, and the subsequent bank charges.

We trusted that you were telling the truth, just as I am, without the need for bank statements, letters etc.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 18:16   #138

Quote:
As Garinda is a 'just' a member of the public and a council tax payer in Hyndburn, who is not accountable to the council tax payers of Hyndburn (or anyone who posts on this website) for any expenses he has claimed either now or in the past. So there is no need for him to publicly prove what he claimed expenses for.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 18:26   #139
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If I had a problem and needed Peter's help, he'd go out of his way to help me, just as I know he's done for others, and that is one of the reasons why he's been a councillor so long in Ossy.
It could have been worse, we could have had 'that woman' as our Councillor
Old 31-01-2009, 18:30   #140
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It could have been worse, we could have had 'that woman' as our Councillor
I'm sure Gayle would have been just as diligent as Peter.

I guess we'll never know.

I do remember you telling me at the time you were voting for the candidate with the biggest boobs.

If only Peter hadn't stopped smoking when he did, Gayle might well now be our councillor.

Old 31-01-2009, 18:35   #141
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
I do remember you telling me at the time you were voting for the candidate with the biggest boobs.
We appear to remember the discussion differently, it was not me who said that. I always said I was voting for Peter. If you search on here you will find me saying something like "who would not want the leader of the council as their ward councillor?"

Beside that I am too much of a gent to discuss Gayle in that way.
Old 31-01-2009, 18:40   #142
God Member

Quote:
I don't remember you attaching any documetary evidence when you started your thread about Mrs. Royboy's bounced cheque, and the subsequent bank charges.

We trusted that you were telling the truth, just as I am, without the need for bank statements, letters etc.
That is about three years ago folks and when he gets the tantrums or wishes to insult he brings it back.
Give us the link..........and let everyone see what a spoilt brat you are.

Old 31-01-2009, 18:44   #143
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
As Garinda is a 'just' a member of the public and a council tax payer in Hyndburn, who is not accountable to the council tax payers of Hyndburn (or anyone who posts on this website) for any expenses he has claimed either now or in the past. So there is no need for him to publicly prove what he claimed expenses for.
You know that....I know that....so what's your point?
Garinda is a big boy and can look after himself...don't you think?

Old 31-01-2009, 18:45   #144
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
I've never even mentioned any expense claims I've made.

I think he just wants copies of everything from my 25 yard swimming certificate, to my wage slips, and full c.v., before he'll accept that I'm genuine.

Tough. I have no intention of satisfying his idle curiosity.

Like I said, I've certainly no need to lie, and there are enough people on here who know me well, and who'd happily pull me up if I said something that wasn't true.

Sadly I guess some people judge others by their own standards.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand...

Old 31-01-2009, 18:50   #145
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Garinda is a big boy and can look after himself...don't you think?
Yes just as big a boy as the person who inspired this thread, but who seems to need defending by his loyal acolytes.

If you're too afraid of the arrows of public life you really shouldn't raise your head above the parapet.

Old 31-01-2009, 18:59   #146
God Member

Quote:
I'm sure Gayle would have been just as diligent as Peter.

I guess we'll never know.

If only Peter hadn't stopped smoking when he did, Gayle might well now be our councillor.

Well just for the record I would have tried to find cheap hotels wherever I went that kept the cost down.

However, if we're on about claiming allowances, then I would claim every single penny because I would have lost about £20k a year by having to give up at Mid Pennine Arts, which I would have had to have done at the time as it was a conflict of interests!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 19:07   #147
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Well just for the record I would have tried to find cheap hotels wherever I went that kept the cost down.

However, if we're on about claiming allowances, then I would claim every single penny because I would have lost about £20k a year by having to give up at Mid Pennine Arts, which I would have had to have done at the time as it was a conflict of interests!
No one should be out of pocket, and if expenses are genuine then they are there to be claimed, both legally and morally.

As a point of interest, if you had been elected, would you have voted for the allowances to be raised by such a great a percentage hike, or would you have prefered a rise more in line with inflation?

Sorry for putting you on the spot.

Please feel free to ignore the question as not being relevant because you aren't in public office.

Old 31-01-2009, 19:15   #148
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I was interested to read that the allowances are limits and not automatically dished out. Receipts are needed so we the public can if we want keep an eye on which Councillor claims the maximum and which ones claim below it.

I think it is quite a good way of doing it. As I said before I worked at one place that had fixed allowances that you got if you were away for the night, lunch etc. The other place just required receipts and you were reimbursed later. We drank some beer that week, all with receipts of course
Old 31-01-2009, 19:22   #149
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I am not opposed to the levels of allowances Councillors get at all. Many of them work long and hard. I have spoken with both Labour and Conservative Councillors so I know the hours some do put in.

I have been dealing with LCC on a local issue just recently ( a story for another time ), I sent an email just before going to work at 4.50am on Thursday morning. That evening I received an email from Ossy's County Councillor Dorothy Westell, she sent the email at 7.42pm when most people are getting ready to relax for the evening.
Old 31-01-2009, 19:33   #150
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I was interested to read that the allowances are limits and not automatically dished out.
Of course, and no one is querying that.

We are now told by Jaysay that Cllr. Britcliffe actually spent £12.30 on his meal in London. More than the old allowance of £10.00, but a lot less than the increased limit of £25.00.

This is after his comment about writing a guide book if there are places to eat in London for ten pounds.

If he can adequately feed himself in our most expensive city for £12.30, why the need for a £25.00 upper limit?

Councillors in neighbouring boroughs can apparently manage with a much lesser limit, which in these times of financial crisis shows some solidarity with the many people feeling the bitter bite of the credit crunch.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..